It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of instant ramen died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

search.japantimes.co.jp...

OSAKA (Kyodo) Momofuku Ando, the founder of Nissin Food Products Co. and inventor of instant ramen, died of heart failure Friday evening at a hospital in Ikeda, Osaka Prefecture, his family said. He was 96.

Born on March 5, 1910, in Taiwan, Ando initially ran clothing companies in Taipei and Osaka while he was a student at Ritsumeikan University. In 1948, he founded the precursor to Nissin and in 1958 unveiled Chicken Ramen, the world's first instant noodle product.

Ando was inspired to develop the instant noodle after coming upon a long line of people on a cold night shortly after World War II. They were waiting to buy freshly made ramen at a black market food stall.

The experience convinced him that "peace will come to the world when the people have enough to eat," according to Nissin.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm really saddened by this. I've eaten quite a bit of instant ramen and enjoyed it all. I know I'm an enigma in that I actually like the stuff, but then again, I pretty much like most noodles. That's not even mentioning how cheap the stuff is.

So, RIP Momofuku. Thank you for your wonderful invention.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Heh, ditto, I owe a lot of cheap and easy meals to this guy. And I do like the stuff, too, but as you, I'll eat pretty much any noodles/pasta.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I also owe this man a thanks.
He has provided me many a cheap easy meals during college.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I also like Ramen noodles, but I always throw away the seasoning packet and add my own flavorings without monosodium glutamate.
Many a quickie meal eaten by me thanks to Momofuku.

new topics

top topics

join