It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

3 quarters of oil in Iraq handed to Western Corporations

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
One problem, the oil is going to become one more reason for Iraqis to fight against the now occupation of US oil barons.

No wonder bush wants more troops in Iraq, have to protect the oil companies against the attacks while they try to rip the Iraqis from their natural resources.

Yes the predictions will be on the target, Iraq will become more bloodier than ever.

But occurs targeting them, Insurgents, terrorist and outsiders will make more easier to kill them . . . I mean to protect the oil barons and . . . ahem . . . the Iraqis resources from the evil ones.


The Irony.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by marg6043]



DCP

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
how far left is the Independent...i say this because of the below quote:

But it will operate through "production-sharing agreements" (or PSAs) which are highly unusual in the Middle East, where the oil industry in Saudi Arabia and Iran, the world's two largest producers, is state controlled.

They seem upset that the oil fields will not be communist/fascist but will be capitalist


Right now an oil field that is not operating is producing ZERO wealth that would be $0(i will leave each person to transfer that into Euros, pounds, or whatever) If a foreign company gets the oil field up and takes the max of 75 % profits that leaves the Iraq economy 25 % of Profit. I went to an American public school(if u couldn't tell by grammar and spelling) but i believe 25% of a whole number is bigger then 100% of a null set.

You are the democratic leader of Iraq, who would you choose to reopen your oil fields. As far as i know there is not a company in Iraq that can do it (anybody name one?) The Russians or French...if i gained power through a revolution, i wouldn't strengthening the economy of people that not only didn't want to help my cause but went out of their way to make sure no one else helped me, petty-yes, but i would also argue logical, especially if there were others out there with the same or greater skill level. Another Mid East nation...um yeah, could you see the Iraq oil fields being operated by Iran. Who does that leave...Western Nations.

Different point on the same lines...Exxon is the only American county on the list. So do you believe Bush said to Blair "Tony i know America has sent Billions of dollars, lost around 4 thousand men, and all that good stuff, but you sent Prince Harry, some tanks, and a Harrier so I think BP-British Petroleum-should share in all the good Iraqy oil(throw in your own little bush sinister laughs were you think they should go) Then he called whoever is the leader of Netherlands and said "Thanks for sending 25% of your army, those 6 people and the Mountain Bike came in handy so Shell gets to share in the Iraqy Oil Booty. the only thing i know about the Dutch is "All right Goldmember. Don't play the laughing boy. There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch."



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join