It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 quarters of oil in Iraq handed to Western Corporations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Who was saying it wasn't about oil? Yea, seems like they care about Iraqi's. Who is gonna jump in with, "We are doing good things"

You think it's for Freedom now? You have been watching John Ford movies too much.

Face it, you got duped and sold a bill of goods.
Until initial drilling?

news.independent.co.uk...

The rouse is over. Our Military was sent there for corporations. Debate is over. And this should put another nail in the coffin.

Tony Blair is a liar
Bush is a Liar
Cheney is a Liar
Gop is a liar
DLC are liars

Everyone pitching that Freedom and the american eagle b.s. were liars or guillible.

And anyone spitting that nonsense about "Freedom" were just duped and need to get over the fact that they were "deceived" for complete Corporate gain.

Does anyone have that quote of Cheney on Meet the Press talking about Iraq's oil fields being one of the largest next to Saudi Arabia? Jeez, it's so sad that half of america was so naive.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK
Who was saying it wasn't about oil? Yea, seems like they care about Iraqi's. Who is gonna jump in with, "We are doing good things"

You think it's for Freedom now? You have been watching John Ford movies too much.

Face it, you got duped and sold a bill of goods.
Until initial drilling?

news.independent.co.uk...

The rouse is over. Our Military was sent there for corporations. Debate is over. And this should put another nail in the coffin.

Tony Blair is a liar
Bush is a Liar
Cheney is a Liar
Gop is a liar
DLC are liars

Everyone pitching that Freedom and the american eagle b.s. were liars or guillible.

And anyone spitting that nonsense about "Freedom" were just duped and need to get over the fact that they were "deceived" for complete Corporate gain.

Does anyone have that quote of Cheney on Meet the Press talking about Iraq's oil fields being one of the largest next to Saudi Arabia? Jeez, it's so sad that half of america was so naive.

All for blood. And you should be enraged if you are in the service right now.

Thousands upon thousands of children's lives for corporate imperialism.
Yea, good things and it's all the liberal media's fault.

Yea, Keep telling yourself that. These brand of americans just got pimpslapped with a glove dipped in baby powder after today's headlines.
Just another slap to the face.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You might also want to highlight these pieces of info too.

Supporters say the provision allowing oil companies to take up to 75 per cent of the profits will last until they have recouped initial drilling costs.

Iraq's Deputy Prime Minister, Barham Salih, who chairs the country's oil committee, is expected to unveil the legislation as early as today. "It is a redrawing of the whole Iraqi oil industry [to] a modern standard," said Khaled Salih, spokesman for the Kurdish Regional Government, a party to the negotiations. The Iraqi government hopes to have the law on the books by March.

Vince Cable, the Liberal Democrat Treasury spokesman and a former chief economist at Shell, said it was crucial that any deal would guarantee funds for rebuilding Iraq. "It is absolutely vital that the revenue from the oil industry goes into Iraqi development and is seen to do so," he said. "Although it does make sense to collaborate with foreign investors, it is very important the terms are seen to be fair."

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Mwuhahahahahaha ... suckers.

Protecting Americans from Terrorists, they already had that opportunity and blew it off for the gain of restricting Americans freedoms.

Control
Oil
Power

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How else are the Iraqis going to produce oil? Make money?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We should allow other nations that didn't assume any risk, or expense get the contracts. It's only fair. Of course they shouldn't make any profits either as that would be profiteering.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
You might also want to highlight these pieces of info too.

Supporters say the provision allowing oil companies to take up to 75 per cent of the profits will last until they have recouped initial drilling costs.

Iraq's Deputy Prime Minister, Barham Salih, who chairs the country's oil committee, is expected to unveil the legislation as early as today. "It is a redrawing of the whole Iraqi oil industry [to] a modern standard," said Khaled Salih, spokesman for the Kurdish Regional Government, a party to the negotiations. The Iraqi government hopes to have the law on the books by March.

Vince Cable, the Liberal Democrat Treasury spokesman and a former chief economist at Shell, said it was crucial that any deal would guarantee funds for rebuilding Iraq. "It is absolutely vital that the revenue from the oil industry goes into Iraqi development and is seen to do so," he said. "Although it does make sense to collaborate with foreign investors, it is very important the terms are seen to be fair."

If you believe it, which I don't.

GT100, you know what the number 1 occupation in Iraq is?
Coffinmakers...it's a genocide and you are grasping for straws that the iraqi's are going to get the oil. This was predicted from the start this would happen. And yet people who were cowering in their homes cheerleaded for this war who would never shed blood on the sand.

But somehow you still think that the Corporations are going to do the right thing. Do you know what the poverty rate in Iraq is? Tell me, all the food they have at KBR supplied airbases, do you think they would make any rounds to the iraqi's in the streets? Maybe for photo-op's. Of all the food that they waste and the water that they waste for people who can barely live now who were previously middle class. Are you proud of this? I'm not. I am sickened.

People are living in opium induced dreams. This isn't freedom, it's genocidal madness. It's their country not ours,GT. Remember that and think how you would react when foreigners ravaged your city.
Looking for "Boogiemen" for a scapegoat to colonize regions.

How do you think a GI would feel that most of the resources are going to the corporations? His blood for their profit ?
I would think anger would seethe through their veins.

GT, The west betrayed every single one of our men on the ground. They betrayed the civilians. You can't be that naive to think that Iraq is going to share in the wealth that has been thefted. You can't be that "naive"

It's a take over similar to Vikings except no horned helmets.

These lyrics still sum up how the world truly works.

From
King Crimson-
In the court of the Crimson King

The dance of the puppets
The rusted chains of prison moons
Are shattered by the sun.
I walk a road, horizons change
The tournaments begun.
The purple piper plays his tune,
The choir softly sing;
Three lullabies in an ancient tongue,
For the court of the crimson king.

The keeper of the city keys
Put shutters on the dreams.
I wait outside the pilgrims door
With insufficient schemes.
The black queen chants
The funeral march,
The cracked brass bells will ring;
To summon back the fire witch
To the court of the crimson king.

The gardener plants an evergreen
Whilst trampling on a flower.
I chase the wind of a prism ship
To taste the sweet and sour.
The pattern juggler lifts his hand;
The orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel
In the court of the crimson king.

On soft gray mornings widows cry
The wise men share a joke;
I run to grasp divining signs
To satisfy the hoax.
The yellow jester does not play
But gentle pulls the strings
And smiles as the puppets dance
In the court of the crimson king.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Have you been to Iraq? I have, and that wasn't what I saw. The violence is bad(in 4 of 18 provinces, the other 14 are for the most part quiet). Coffin making isn't the #1 profession-where did you get that bit of info?
The fact of the matter is that the Iraqis need help getting their oil production going. Are you suggesting that companies should go over and operate for free or at a loss, to help them out?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ummm..

Most of Iraq's oil BEFORE the war was sold to outside drillers? .. Most where French and Russian I believe, as why they where not happy at all when we went to war. Did you think they actually liked the Iraq's or someting? It's always about the money.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Ummm..

Most of Iraq's oil BEFORE the war was sold to outside drillers? .. Most where French and Russian I believe, as why they where not happy at all when we went to war. Did you think they actually liked the Iraq's or someting? It's always about the money.

Yes, but where they fobbed off with one quarter of the profit? I don't think so.

Fact is - no matter how much you wanna dwell on how Saddam spend money on palaces and such - he created a welfare state in Iraq, with free health care and a educational system even some western nations cannot live up to.

Do you think the present gangsters of dual citizenship Iraqis making up the so called government will use the one quarter they get to rebuild a welfare state? I dont think so.

Among the last words Saddam said on his way to the gallow, taunted when he was handed over to his excutioners one of the guards shouting, "You did bad things to Iraq."

Saddam answered back: "I made this backward country into an advanced and prosperous nation."

And it is true, both that he did so, and he answered back like that.

The link to the story - about the last hours of Saddam - as reported by NYTimes, you can find in the thread on Saddam's hanging.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I heard on the news a couple of days ago that their expecting the price of petrol to go down quite abit this year - surely they know of these oil corporation deals that are coming up and therefore mentioning it now so people sorta think, yeah its getting better coz fuel prices are coming down.

Why couldnt everyone just mind their own business and all get along. If your nation does not have enough oil, then find an alternative resource, not go and rape and pillage another nation. Grow up, become resourcesful as a nation, not "you have, me take" barbarian style.

This whole mess is just so immature, by a nation who supposedly prides itself on setting an example internationally....c'mon pleeeaaassse!!!

USA is just the schoolyard bully who has run out of his own lollies and is going for the funny looking kid with the biggest bag of lollies.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
was there ever really any doubts about where the real resource of Iraq would end up ?

what, you think the US Government has gone through ALL This, so the iraqi's could live in a world without saddam?

You think thats the priority here?

jee's it only took 4 years for the reality on the OIL To come out...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Unfortunate that these multi-national corporate interests that dictate government policy are no longer dependent geographically on any one region. As a consumer base for oil - yes, as representative of or responsive to the best interests of the people - doubtful.

The Tigris-Euphrates is the largest water source of the region. That has also been appropriated by the interests of private profit. The water industry already profits at trillions of dollars a year. But the soldiers fighting in Iraq were unable often to access clean water.

Not to mention Monsanto's happy imposition of the terminator seed on farmers in the region. Some time ago, global protest outlawed the use of the terminator seed. Any seed that doesn't propagate new fertile seed is against the laws of nature and an example of agricultural necromancy that threatens the survival of mankind itself. Such lofty arguments are irrelevant where private profit seeks to establish the new golden rule. 'He who has the gold makes the rules.'

The encroaching conflict of interest over resources for super-powers in the East will leave us quite vulnerable. Our confidence in government shaken and our morale flagging, just when we will probably need it most.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
From the OP's posted article:

Supporters say the provision allowing oil companies to take up to 75 per cent of the profits will last until they have recouped initial drilling costs. After that, they would collect about 20 per cent of all profits, according to industry sources in Iraq. But that is twice the industry average for such deals.

The author presupposes that BP, Shell and Exxon will have windfall profits. Why? Because the "profits" are 10% higher than what's considered typical "for such deals"? I think the author knows most readers don't understand basic accounting.

It's also makes for better reading to say "twice the industry average". So drilling in Iraq holds the same risk as drilling in the North Sea? With the political instability of Iraq, I doubt many would argue the downside risk is far greater so the upside has to be higher to justify the investment.

I'm not ruling out that oil is a motive. It might have even been the primary motive, but I don't see this as proof positive as the OP says.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Political Veto
From the OP's posted article:

Supporters say the provision allowing oil companies to take up to 75 per cent of the profits will last until they have recouped initial drilling costs. After that, they would collect about 20 per cent of all profits, according to industry sources in Iraq. But that is twice the industry average for such deals.

The author presupposes that BP, Shell and Exxon will have windfall profits. Why? Because the "profits" are 10% higher than what's considered typical "for such deals"? I think the author knows most readers don't understand basic accounting.

It's also makes for better reading to say "twice the industry average". So drilling in Iraq holds the same risk as drilling in the North Sea? With the political instability of Iraq, I doubt many would argue the downside risk is far greater so the upside has to be higher to justify the investment.

I'm not ruling out that oil is a motive. It might have even been the primary motive, but I don't see this as proof positive as the OP says.

I think being sept11 is dubious
I think being there were no WMDS, when the government said there were
I think being the government lied to get into iraq,then changed there story

add together the corporate powers are now making lots of $$$,

its PROOF of whats happening.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I think being sept11 is dubious
I think being there were no WMDS, when the government said there were
I think being the government lied to get into iraq,then changed there story

add together the corporate powers are now making lots of $$$,

its PROOF of whats happening.

As you know, there are alternate explanations for the points on your list. Imho, the most plausible are...

OBL saw how the US reacted to a minor bloody nose in Mogadishu, Somalia and extrapolated that a 9/11 would garner even greater rewards.

George "slam dunk" Tenet truly thought (more like hoped in hindsight) that WMDs existed. The mistake cost the GOP dearly not to mention the those who have died as a result. The story changed for political ass-covering.

Whether corporations make big $$$ or not remains to be seen. I think the odds of loosing big $$$ are there as well.

I'm not trying to contort myself to believe what I hope is true. You have a theory and facts that support it, but it's circumstantial and not a definitive proof. Your theory has causal power and that power is increasing at the moment. When I see proof of multi-billion dollar U.S. bases being left behind in Iraq after the official pull-out, I'll be even more inclined to believe in part of your theory at least.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I remember when the governments involved had said in answer to these very same worries about Iraq being about Oil, was that the oil would now be for the Iraqi people. I guess they just figured they'd shut us up for a little while and tell us what we wanted to hear. It definitly is not going to go to the Iraqi people thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well what do you expect, ever see who we elected?

George Bush - Worked in the oil industry since 1977

Dick Cheney - Worked for Halliburton

Condoleeza Rice - Head of Chevron's Commitee

Three of the highest levels in our government, in the cabinet alone, have overt ties to the oil and energy industries.

we reap what we sow

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No arguement from me except the inference which is a tough putt imo.

I count 31 former presidents served in the military before becoming president. I bet each of their cabinets had a healthy percentage that served previously as well.

Bush, Texas, oil & gas...why not?

If Bush wanted to ensure maximized profits for this industry, he should have picked a young industry stud, and not someone as old as Cheney who can't run in 2008.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Did anyone this war was about WMD's for one second? Short answer: No
Longer answer:

The US military and the US economy run off fossil fuels: oil and coal (and a little gas)

The US has an abundance of coal to where it does not need to import millions of tons of coal per day from all across the world. The same is not true for oil. We have to import and we have to make certain that the oil fields are secure and that shipping lanes and pipelines are secure.

We cannot afford to put on the blinders when it comes to securing our natural resources. Courage means saddling up even when you do not want to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join