It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Matrix....a question for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sun Matrix,
It seems you have some knowledge that we have missed. Would you mind
telling us all what book or books to you learn these facts from?
I’m sure we all would like to see and read these for ourselves. Certainly, Religion is not for one person to hog all the truths. Why not share?
I for one don’t want to guess, my luck I’ll guess wrong, so come on ....
Titles please..................................Thank you, Merk

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
merky, i beat you to this
i already challenged Sun Matrix in the thread: An Open Challenge to Sun Matrix

he responded to my challenge of a thread devoted solely to him proving his point by opening up a thread: Religion...........it blinds the world.

so, it was fruitless

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky

Sun Matrix,
It seems you have some knowledge that we have missed. Would you mind
telling us all what book or books to you learn these facts from?
I’m sure we all would like to see and read these for ourselves. Certainly, Religion is not for one person to hog all the truths. Why not share?
I for one don’t want to guess, my luck I’ll guess wrong, so come on ....
Titles please..................................Thank you, Merk

Merk....I have no use for religion, only the truth. The book that I have read is the King James Bible.

I haven't read the following book but I'm pretty sure that it is a dandy. I ran across this comment tonight on another board. Sounds like someone that understands what has gone on in the world.

However, the origin of the Swastika and other religious crosses can be traced to ancient Babylon, as research in our Bible Dictionary notes:

“Babylon's religious influence is traced eastward to India in the book New Light on the Most Ancient East, by archaeologist V. Childe (1957, p. 185). Among other points he states: "The swastika and the cross, common on stamps and plaques, were religious or magical symbols as in Babylonia and Elam in the earliest prehistoric period, but preserve that character also in modern India as elsewhere." Thus, ancient Babylon's religious influence spread out to many peoples and nations, much farther and with greater potency and endurance than did her political strength.” - “Insight on the Scriptures,” Volume 1, page 240.
uplink.space.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
sun, you just quoted a forum...
what the hell!?

honestly, how do we know you're not the one that posted that on the forum

you need to cite evidence for all of your claims

also, why do you go with the most inaccurate english translation of the bible?
the kjv was issued by comission by king james to not be ACCURATE, he wanted a POETIC version

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Madness

My claim is that I ran across the name of a book on another forum. If you don't want to believe that, it's ok.

I have no problems with the KJV. We know what the translation errors are.........so there is no problem. I prefer the word for word translation.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Merk....I have no use for religion, only the truth. The book that I have read is the King James Bibe.........................

OK Sun Matrix,
I asked you the best way I could, so keep this source of yours to your self. I really don't care any longer. I think you must think this forum is a joke and an outlet for you to criticize others. It is not.
If you know the truth then why are you here? The real truth is that you a negitive person who thinks his illusion is truth. The mind is a funny thing.
I've got better books to read..............Goodbye.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
also, why do you go with the most inaccurate English translation of the bible?

That's questionable. Granted, for most modern translations, far, far more manuscripts are used to try to get an accurate translation as close to the original text as possible, but recently many of those texts used are being questioned as to their authenticity. Not authenticity archaeologically speaking, but rather questioning if their origin was Gnostic in nature. It's an ongoing debate, and I personally rarely use the KJV or NKJV, but the statement is not an absolute. (I got this information from Dr. Chuck Missler and have not verified it outside of him, so consider this a disclaimer
)

the kjv was issued by comission by king james to not be ACCURATE, he wanted a POETIC version

Just because it's poetic doesn't make it wrong. When translators tackle the proposition of creating a new translation of scripture, one of the first things they have to decide is how to translate it. The reason this is necessary is because Greek and English do not have the same words or meanings. For example, there are 4 words used in Greek for different kinds of love, as opposed to one in English that represents all of them. So, if you were going, like the NASB, for a direct word for word translation, you would just say love and leave it at that. If, instead, you were going for something that goes into more detail like the Message, which tries to communicate the idea put forward in the text rather than the specific words, you would expand that word of love to, say divine, perfect love if translating the Greek word agape.

Then there's also flow. Reading the NASB as a story doesn't work because it's broken apart. Their goal was not flow but word for word accuracy. As such, some ideas can be lost and you don't get so much a narrative as a series of sentences that work really well for reference. The NIV, on the other hand, tried to maintain as much accuracy to the words without making it choppy, instead sounding more like a narrative. As such, in reading the NIV, it is sometimes easier to get a bigger picture whereas in the NASB it is often easier to delve into a single verse.

So just because it was poetical doesn't make it inaccurate, so long as all the ideas communicated match the original text.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Merk....I have no use for religion, only the truth. The book that I have read is the King James Bibe.........................

OK Sun Matrix,
I asked you the best way I could, so keep this source of yours to your self. I really don't care any longer. I think you must think this forum is a joke and an outlet for you to criticize others. It is not.
If you know the truth then why are you here? The real truth is that you a negitive person who thinks his illusion is truth. The mind is a funny thing.

And I answered the best way I could. I got my information from the Bible. If you look, you will find plenty of information about Nimrod, false gods, Tammuz, Baal etc. right in the very Bible. You might do a little research on Babylon and Mystery Babylon.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

OK Sun Matrix,

And I answered the best way I could. I got my information from the Bible. If you look, you will find plenty of information about Nimrod, false gods, Tammuz, Baal etc. right in the very Bible. You might do a little research on Babylon and Mystery Babylon.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun MatrixAnd I answered the best way I could. I got my information from the Bible. If you look, you will find plenty of information about Nimrod, false gods, Tammuz, Baal etc. right in the very Bible. You might do a little research on Babylon and Mystery Babylon.

or you could just put forth independant information
the bible isn't really an unbiased source on the origins of other religions...
nor is it very detailed on the origins of other religions

anyway
if you could provide a source from outside the bible, it would be helpful

new topics

top topics

join