It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sorry rant from a dying believer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well another year has arrived, and from one ufo enthusiast to another, I fear
its going to be yet another long 12 months of more grainy vids from someones backyard, strange lights in the sky that cant be explained then being told by those in the know thats its a satillite or a solar flare. More testimonies from credible sources only for them to be put down, or for the story itself to fade away like a fart in the wind. So basically just another year.

But i want more.

I want so much more.

I know im being greedy and I know that the whole debate needs a healthy dosage of faith, but its not enough for me. I need proof I can touch with my bare hands. Every story that Ive ever read on the subject and every video Ive ever seen, doesnt prove anything to me apart from the fact that we live
in a age where the world is full of corrupt individuals who could fake anything. When years ago I would have believed every source I took in, Im now starting to doubt everthing. Even stories I believed in unquestionably
from when I was younger.

I guess I will get bombed out for even being here if im starting to doubt.
For that I apologise.

I know I will die an old man and disclosure will be at the same point as when my grandad was a boy.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hi thesneakiod,

I wonder if you are familiar with the following curse by Philip J. Klass, published in "Saucer Smear" in 1983:

"To ufologists who publicly criticize me or who even think unkind thoughts about me in private, I do hereby leave and bequeath THE UFO CURSE. No matter how long you live, you will never know any more about UFOs than you know today.... As you lie on your own death-bed you will be as mystified about UFOs as you are today. And you will remember this curse."

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
OUT THERE TV hosted by Kate and Richard Mucci has a format that is designed to get at the truth. If you look up their sight by searching the above title then you will come across the programmes past and present.

It is a very enlightening programme and a new episode is on tonight. If people on the forum can't satisfy your need to know, the Mucci's, who seem to have some journalist background don't leave no stone unturned. They even have people of great credibility on their show.

They put their research into balance and really is a must see for ATS members, as they cover topics on their show like what is covered on here. As a matter of fact, it was another ATS member, who through a post put me onto them in the first place. Well worth checking out, before resigning yourself to being a nay-sayer.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
But i want more.

I want so much more.

Welcome to the club...

Pretty much says it all don't you think?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hi,
I know hat you're going through. For 40 years I've
followed this subject and even though I've had eye-
brows raised by friends and loved ones, I really believed
that at some point there would be a revelation.

Like you, as years past, the many books seemed to
re-hash stories from Roswell to Russia and it seemed that
the pictures were always the same... they told nothing.

Witnesses spoke of flapjacks given by aliens, star maps
and Galactic Councils worrying about our nuclear capabilities.
People who wish not to named or had no credible evidence,
told of their inside knowledge of an esoteric agreement between
their Government and the aliens and whispered of underground
bases and feedings on captured humans.

To date, we still have sightings and documents that leave
the follower bewildered and wondering where is all this leading?

In 1970, when I was 10, I promised myself that I would visit The
Roswell Museum in New Mexico one day, because it seemed the
Mecca of Ufology, I live in the UK and it seemed a million miles
away then.
In my late thirties I got there and I realised that the 'crashed
saucer' idea was a little tongue-in-cheek and that really, there
wasn't any evidence... just accounts from people long-ago
memories.
I know as these years have past, I have become more and more
jaded, the UFO future seems very daunting (sigh).
We'll see.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
[edit on 7-1-2007 by probedbygrays]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

When years ago I would have believed every source I took in, Im now starting to doubt everthing.

Welcome to the club!

While it is hard sometimes to pick the needle out of a haystack, even being a skeptic nowadays, I still believe that the proverbial "Truth" is out there.

...Somewhere.....

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What? The subject line stated that you were dying, but then your post ends with the line that you're going to die of old age. Which is it? I guess you're opinion on the subject is dying is what you're trying to get at.

As for finding out more on the subject. This is the way its always been and I do not expect it to change.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
What? The subject line stated that you were dying, but then your post ends with the line that you're going to die of old age.

I think that what the OP meant was that his spirit as a believer is dying.

I can relate to that.

I don't think he meant that he was already physically on his deathbed.

At least that is how I read it.

edit = typo.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's his belief that is dying (he fears).
The reality of UFO's is always 'right around the corner'. I guess all we have to be is patient to know the truth, but for how long can we maintain patience?

We know one thing for sure, it is a weird world out there! Myself, I have seen a UFO, that helps. But one always wants more.
Just keep looking up!

I believe they are out there, space is a spacious place, just as much as we are here, they are there. Their technology is probably what helps them to hide from our detection, perhaps when they are seen, it's intentional or accidental.
We can't see in the infrared wavelength, perhaps, I surmise from what I have seen and read, that's where a lot of them may be hiding.
(ex. NASA tether footage)

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well, what can one say except: hang in there mate, our time will come!

We have all been through times of doubt and sometimes to the degree when you think everything would be so much easier if one could just swallow the "offical truth"; hook, line and sinker. And if you never felt this skepticism during your research, you definetly need to focus a little more. It's all a fully natural reaction against all the bs you come across while studying the exsisting material, not to mention all the disinformation holding the whole subject subdued and convicted to a long inprisonment in the gloomy dunegons of the "scientific elite".
Claiming to be abducted and probed and taken to a galaxy far, far away is an easy approach to making big bucks through interviews and book-writing, but it is also a very effective way to discredit the ones who hold real solid material. You just need to sort out, debunk and create your own ideas of what is really going on. Don't settle until ALL the questions has been answered without doubt.

The escape in ignorance and denial is way too easy. The belief that 100% of all recorded sightings are fake makes less sense than earth having visitors from other worlds. Just make yourself a list of all the occurancies you consider extraordinary and investigate ALL sides of the story. Then you compare which side (source and debunkers, pro's and con's) has the least holes in their story. But always remeber that YOU are in charge, your very own mind decides what is true and false.

Go to places where sightings have been done more frequent than other places. Go to Groom lake or south Mexico. Talk to people, preferably whitnessess and check them out. Always keep an eye open for new encounters reported and be swift to pick up details and study sources. Try to avoid the internet as much as possible (this place is overflowing with tremendous ammounts of disinformation) when seeking the truth.

Just be rational and always remember that "common sense" is the worst tool when encountering something completly new to the human nature (that is also why this type of research is always so frowned upon). Go away to a desolate place on your own and search your soul, do you believe, don't believe or do you KNOW? This needs to be done without the thoughts and oppinions of others, without the thought of "but what would others think of me?".

It's about how much energy you are willing to sacrifice in the search of enlightment. Are you prepared to go hundreds of miles, may times in vain, and spend lots of money just to (possibly) be haressed by goverments and maybe by your own friends considering you to be a nut, or are you satesfied and happy with just reading some stupid post on the net making you give away a heavy sigh and go to bed staring at the cealing for a couple of hours feeling empty?

The truth will not come to you, even if it wants to. You need to look for it.

Man, that's alot said about nothing!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
OUT THERE TV hosted by Kate and Richard Mucci has a format that is designed to get at the truth. If you look up their sight by searching the above title then you will come across the programmes past and present.

It is a very enlightening programme and a new episode is on tonight. If people on the forum can't satisfy your need to know, the Mucci's, who seem to have some journalist background don't leave no stone unturned. They even have people of great credibility on their show.

They put their research into balance and really is a must see for ATS members, as they cover topics on their show like what is covered on here. As a matter of fact, it was another ATS member, who through a post put me onto them in the first place. Well worth checking out, before resigning yourself to being a nay-sayer.

Hey cheers for the headsup on the show mate, is the show currantly on foxtel or your local tv?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sneakoid:

Congradulations! You're actually approaching the apex of some major personal growth.

To me, you ought to be patting yourself on the back, and I'm not being sarcastic. You're approaching Ufology now with a real critical eye. It took me all of my youth until my early 20's to realize that most of what I've seen and read -- even the stories that make Ufology legendary -- is mostly bunk. It sounds like you've come to that point in your evolution.

Good. Now you can probably contribute something to the field by being a true skeptic.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
thesneakiod,

As UFOlogists (or CryptoZoologists for that matter) we should never want to believe.

No scientific discipline grows by having pre-concieved notions - but rather knowledge expands when we are open to all ideas, and we put to the test the best hypothesis we can form based on the evidence available.

However, unlike many modern scientific studies, UFOlogy must deal with persecution and manipulation of the data, both by Governments seeking to compartmentalize information, and by Con Men hoping to profit through fraud.

Some other scientific disciplines in the past have also had to deal with such hostility - anthropology, astronomy, geology - and those researchers who perservered ended up contributing greatly to the advancement of all Human society.

Let us here at ATS also remain steadfast - compiling and piecing together the best of the direct and indirect evidence of alien contact - while at the same time not compromising ourselves by participating in undue speculation or falling for fantastic (and simply unreliable) witness accounts.

With the truth on our side we have an advantage over those who would seek to keep mankind in darkness and chains - and with our faith we shall yet overcome all obstacles before us.

And is it not the journey which fills us with the greatest fufillment in life?

new topics

top topics

join