It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wurm Online (more than a MMORPG)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wurm Online is a game where you create everything. There are no quests, except those made by other players. You can create towns, mines, and (eventually, with enough people and time) mountains.

The game progresses a bit slow, though. For instance, one must mine a wall 50 times to expand the mine. This takes any where from thirty minutes to an hour. The game world is also quite large, I believe it's possible to hide away and never be found.

By no means does this game look bad.

Wurmonline

[edit on 6-1-2007 by funny_pom]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Sounds like a fun concept. Does the game allow other players to change your creations as well?

Reminds me of the "RPG Maker" game.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
the game is entirely free. you can smash down someone else's house and loot their things if you can. though on the 'Home Server' it is Moderated so Newbies such can start, also people who are not interested in PvP can live peacefully, though there is a "Wild' server (Needs Premium Membership to get there) where anything goes, if you can do it, do it. players there make their own rules and is only moderated when things get nasty out of character.

any where is terraformable, any tree can be cut down, you can make a lake or fill one up, make a mountain of you want.

the map is 16400x16400 tiles in size (a tile is 4mx4m i think) and it takes around 4 hours real time to cross from E-W or N-S.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
How good is this for people who don't want to pay for the premium account???

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
well the only thing you cant do is get skill over 20 (starts at 1) and are not able to travel to the Wild, that is as far i know. i have lived quite happily as a non paying member for quite some time.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Is this game like Second Life? 'Cause that too has the ability for you to create things.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This game is fantastic!

It so amazing.. honestly.. and it is amde on Java which is another amazing thing.

You can pave your own paths, dig holes, it is just atonishing..
It sure beats WoW or any other MMoRPG i have ever played.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think you can do this on Saga of Ryzom now, create quests and the such, there has always been no real loot everything is crafted.

new topics

top topics

join