It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY UFO SIGHTING- NORTH CAROLINA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Back in 1986 my wife and I were headed home ( on my motorcycle) at about 11 pm on a clear dark night.no moon visible as I recall or at least not a full moon that stands out in my mind..we live in the country ( Smoky Mtns of Western N.C.) As we rode along at a leisurely pace, I looked up and saw something that made me immediately pull over and yank my helmet off. My wife did likewise. Directly overhead, maybe 300 ft up, was a huge triangle. It was very difficult to make out the actual craft..there were three red lights, one at each point of the triangle that delineated the size and shape. It was very big, perhaps 100 yards between each light , and it was totally silent and moving very slowly, maybe 5-10 mph as it cruised overhead. I remember thinking how easy it would have been to hit it if I had a pistol. I was thinking of the distance above and not because I would have actually shot it..I would NOT have..Hell, even a strong bow and arrow would have scored a hit. It FELT very heavy,altho I later wondered why that was so.It seemed to feel very ominous..I was concerned at first that it would fall straight down and crush us like a bug. It moved from the south to the north, and was in sight for about a minute or minute and a half. when it got maybe a mile or so away it did something that totally blew my mind: It had been flying 'flat' that is, the red light at the front and a red light a each corner of the two back points..at a certain point it stopped..turned up on its side (edge) , and CARTWHEELED OFF into the eastern sky!! That blew me away!! I was at first thinking it was perhaps some govt craft or whatever..but when it did that, I had the definite impression that it knew it was being watched and wanted to put on a show. That may be wrong but thats what I felt. Just to make sure that what I was seeing was being interpreted by me correctly, I kept doing' reality checks'..asking my wife to tell me what she was seeing and verify it with my own observations. We were seeing the same thing in all respects. I'll never forget it. After that, I read and studied the phenomenon a bit and have found out that many triangles have been seen. This was so close and so huge..and so silent..exhibited such flight characteristics that I cannot believe that it is a US craft..unless we are operating these huge monsters and thats hard to imagine. We are wasting a lot of jet fuel if we have this technology. A few weeks after this, we had a very strange series of sightings at out cabin, which was a few miles from where this took place and rather isolated..of a big bright light..flashing red and blue and green and white..I remember thinking it was like a diamond being turned around in a circle..that came regularly for 2 weeks and culminated in a personal religious experience for me..and again ( thank God) my wife was there to witness everything and provide verification of what was happening. Whether the events were related or not I have no idea..but since that time we have seen many,many of the flashing lights that so many people have seen..and continue to see to this day on occasion. This is the really short version of the events of early April 1986 and there are many details but the main thing is we absolutely experienced a close up look at the triangular UFO and felt the ' vibes' from it. It was not bad feeling.. just very imposing. And it looked ..and felt..like it weighed a million tons. I can't explain that but it just seemed so massive right above us..like an aircraft carrier in the sky or something. I still have no really firm opinion as to the origins of the thing..I cannot help but think it is from another place or time. I have told several people about this incident and a few oldtimers around here say that they have seen 'strange things ' flying around the mountains here for a long time. If anyone has any ideas or questions I would be happy to hear/answer them. You can tell by my username that I really do not trust them at all..until they prove their benevolence I must assume they are hostile. The thing we saw could have wreaked havoc in my opinion due to the size and feel of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I saw the same thing. I live in Eastern NC. I just left a detailed account of my experience, but must have left a typo when entering the "code." You may reach me at [email protected] for confirmation. What I saw is nearly the exact same thing that you saw. I couldn't believe it then, and barely can now.

new topics

join