It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Cross

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Luke 14:26 states that whoever does not carry their cross and follow Jesus cannot be His disciple. Christians: what is your cross?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hello NowAmFound,

Great thread by the way, I've always been fond of that particular verse. Just want to point out that the verse is found in Luke 9:23, in case anyone is trying to find it.

The verse was the inspiration to put "Deny Thyself" in my avatar, since the full verse reads:

Luke 9:23 KJV, BibeGateway.com

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

The verse tells that to come after Jesus we must do three things:

• Deny Ourselves
  • Take Up Our Cross
  • Follow Christ

These are the three keys, or kayas, as they're known in several forms of Buddhism. These keys have been taught in all of the world's great religions, and their true significance has been esoterically passed down along the ages.

Denying Ourselves

To deny one's self, is to go against one's own ego. It is to desintegrate, to transmute, to completely destroy one's selfish and egotistical desires. Only by doing this can we become completely pure in mind and heart, and be worty to go in the way of Christ.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. - Matthew 5:48

Taking Up Our Cross

Taking up our cross does not refer to enduring great sacrifice, but to the mystery of the Bridal Chamber, the ancient science of Alchemy, the White Tantra of Tibetan Buddhists. The cross is formed when a man and a woman unite in the Sacred Sexual Act, allowing the man and the women to be born again.

Following Christ

To follow Christ is to sacrifice ourselves for humanity. To Christify ourselves and serve others unconditionally with love and compassion, just like Jesus did. It is conscious suffering, suffering willfully endured to repay our karmic debt and alleviate the suffering of others.

I know this didn't really answer your question, but I wanted to give my two cents about the topic. Not here to argue, just to share my thoughts.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 7/1/2007 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oops, sorry for the error.

Good thoughts. Always heard it explained as a personal sacrifice or denial in the effort to comply with and follow Christ.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is good thread. true communion only comes with the cross. One of the spiritual doctors of the church has said that some cannot reach perfection because they dont want to go by the way of the cross.

Life is fror suffering and sacrafice, and then true happiness for eternity, not to live in comfort and pleasure.

My cross is Anxiety ive had since 1996. Some points I have not been able to go outside for years in a row. The anxiety would get so bad it would and still does cause welts on my neck ect... I still have problems going into big stores.

I can say its humbled me out so grately that my love for Christs has increased because of suffering. You will see what I mean at judgement seat.

I ask all of you to please embrace the cross.

Its like God removing his grace from you and not letting you eat for a week, and then if he granted you to eat at the end of the week, how happy and grateful you would be for that meal.

same thing with suffering, and trust me from experience eating is a grace. You may not see it but his grace sustains every breath and everything.

good post.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Greetings Friends,

Dear Jesusistruth,

You have a remarkable and beautiful faith and love for Christ that shines very brightly in your writings. It truly does soften the heart
I hope your anxiety, henceforth, troubles you no more. You see one of the most beautiful things about Christ, at least to me, was his sincere desire to end suffering. Jesus would gladly take any sickness or disability onto himself, if it meant that those so afflicted could find peace.

Keep praying he is close.

Kindest Regards

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Life is fror suffering and sacrafice, and then true happiness for eternity, not to live in comfort and pleasure.

True we will have suffering and sacrifice. Don't forget that it was said that God does not want sacrifice, but mercy.

IMO we should strive to produce a God like mercy for others as he has done for use while we patiently struggle through our trials.

My crosses have been learning to love, addictions, & obedience to authorities.

Great post.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
My crosses: shyness, aggression, depression, self-abuse, learning to love, selfishness, hate

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I dont believe the cross is representative of ones own flaws,its the burden from this world of doing Gods will.

So to get specific is hard because it varies so much from day to day either through my level of commitment to God or circumstances that arise and i`m sure many of us are the same,Christs burden was specific and although it would be insamountable for us to taste it He said........

Matthew 11:30
29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soulsFor my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

So to sum up and answer the best i could my cross is being a Christian with the burden that comes with it and knowing that i fail Christ often.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thank you for contributing to a better understanding of this issue, gps.

new topics

top topics

join