It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Plotting Tactical Nuclear Strike on Iranian Nuclear Facilities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Someone asked; why leak this information?

One possibility... scare tactics aimed at generating an expected response from Iran.

Yeah, i think UM_Gazz has a very good point.

Israel does have a history of going public "with threats" just to scare. Israel has always said it will not rule out going alone on a military strike against Iran, if i recall from that statement...Tehran was silent over it.

What seems to be happening is this. The Iranian President threatens Israel time and time again. Then when Israel goes public with "we can wipe you off the map too"...The President of Iran says nothing.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hal just to correct you because you asked to be corrected, a B-2 spirit bomber is not the only aircraft that is capable of dropping a bunker buster, really any strike aircraft can caryy one including the eagle which israel already has sufficient numbers of as well as the falcon granted it will have to be of a lighter payload than a major munition load from the b-2.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I believe Israel is one of the most 'cunning' at war plans...

the only thing I can gaurantee from the message, is it was purposley released, to provoke a specific response, or cause mis-direction for the Iranians.

But I think Ummgazz is right on,

After going into Lebeanon, public opinion cause them to withdrawl being there was no real enemy seen by the public.

If they hit Iran, and Iran REFUSES to retaliate, then Iran will win the moral war, and through the UN and public opinion Israel wil be forced to end its action quickly, without achieving the goal.

BUT if Iran choose to hit back, in a 'percieved' response, then Israel can handle, and ensrue this war drags on, even if Iran dont want it to!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Iran's reaction to this story will be interesting. They seem to count on the court of world opinion, tempered with the usual rhetoric. I wonder if they'll call for U.N. interference.?

I think the UN hates Israel more than it hates Iran. Although Israel would be doing the entire world a favor, the UN would definately slam Israel for it. IMHO

Originally posted by Nygdan
the Iraqi government wouldn't ever give the yehudis permission to use their space to nuke fellow muslims,

I don't know. Iraq hates Iran. They might allow it privately with the understanding that they'd condemn it publically and say that the Yehudis 'slipped through' due to the chaotic conditions in Iraq.

Originally posted by snafu7700
the US has contingency plans for war with every country on the planet. that doesnt mean we are actually going to go to war.

Yes! It's called being prepared and being SMART. Especially when we are dealing with a complete whack like the leader of Iran!!

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Secret nuclear strike plans leaked? Hahahahahaa, yeah sure.

GOOD POINT!

Originally posted by the_sentinal
This could drag the whole world into war given the pact that Iran has signed with russia & china ...

It certainly could. That's why I'm sitting here this morning, reading this thread, and saying ... ah crap ... I wish I lived in an underground house somewhere out in the four corners area of the USA - stockpiled. Instead .. I live within the megalopolis. ugh!

Originally posted by darkbluesky
I don't think it's within the UN's charter to interfere in the "plans" of any country.

Oh .. but they do. All those secret backroom political deals... all those bribes taken .... everything they do is geared toward pushing the world in the direction they want. It may not be in their 'charter' .. but they are politicians and each one is jockeying for what is best for THEM and/or their country.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So I ask a simple question.
Iraq "supposedly" had WMD. The US invaded and toppled the regime.
Iran is enriching Uranium - perhaps for WMD - we do not know for sure, but the US is presently condoning sanctions against Iran due to the possibility.

Now Israel, the rogue state who answers only to themselves, is alledgedly planning a NUKE attack. Why doesn't the US do something about this? Why is Israel permitted to be such a cancer on the world? I would bet that more than 75% of all terrorist attacks have something to do with Israel. I have no facts to support this 75% claim, but I would bet it's an accurate one.
Israel. Enough. The US should stop defending this despicable regime and let them fend for themselves. They would be a smoldering hole in the ground in less than a week.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Now Israel, the rogue state who answers only to themselves,

Israel is a soverign nation who has to deal with a world full of anti-semite idiots. They have to look out for themselves because, obviously, no one else looks out for them. If you want to talk ROGUE nation - Iran and North Korea are aggressive rogues whereas Israel is in self-defense mode.

is alledgedly planning a NUKE attack.

Allegedly being the key word.

Why doesn't the US do something about this?

Why should we? Iran has publically threatened time and time again to wipe Israel off the map. It is actively seeing nuclear materials to do so. (under the pretense of peaceful reasons - yeah, right
) If Israel deems that it needs to destroy the nuclear source before Iran can make good on it's promise to destroy it ... then that's Israel's right to make that decision. It's not our decision.

Why is Israel permitted to be such a cancer on the world?

Careful ... your anti-Jew bigotry is showing.

I would bet that more than 75% of all terrorist attacks have something to do with Israel.

'something to do with Israel'. You mean that the radical Islamics in the area don't want it there so they attack the citizens of the soverign nation of Israel?

What would you be willing to bet? Let's add them all up and see what terrorist attacks Israel has committed compared to the radical Islamics in the world.
Radical Islamic terror attacks Jan-Oct 2006

The US should stop defending this despicable regime and let them fend for themselves. They would be a smoldering hole in the ground in less than a week.

That would make you, and the Klan, happy, wouldn't it?

[edit on 1/7/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Many people are missing the underlying story here.

Israel has the most to worry about with a nuclear-armed Iran.

The other Arab nations are next in line, together with the U.S. and Europe.

Remember when Iraq's nuclear complex was smashed by Israel . . . what happened? The U.S., Europe, and Arab nations rallied and cried, and made all sorts of public pronouncements. Behind the scenes - a very different story - a sigh of relief. And after the Gulf War, many thanks to Israel.

Arabs may in general hate Israel, but they are bound by reality. And Persians are not Arabs, in case you did not know. And Iran is feared and loathed by many Arab nations.

Read any articles lately about the Gulf States forming joint military forces? Ever wonder why they would need such a force? Did Israel threaten Qatar? Bahrain?

My point is that the main sources of Arab backlash will include Syria, certain Lebanese, and Hezbollah, with a sprinkling of Libya and radical African Islamic Governments. Status quo here with those parties and Israel, meaning a virtual state of war anyway.

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey, which represent the main non-Jewish powers in the Middle East, will prepare grand statements of condemnation, but privately breathe a sigh of relief at the destruction of the Iranian nuclear threat, and the re-purposing of oil money away from their own nuclear programs.

Peel the onion one layer deep, beyond the Israel-Arab conflict, and you will find many sub plots of equal or greater importance.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Israel is a soverign nation who has to deal with a world full of anti-semite idiots. They have to look out for themselves because, obviously, no one else looks out for them.

Im sorry, which nation is it again that sends Israel 15 Billion a year for them to amass THEIR Military machine? No one looks out for them?
We here in the US have so many homeless you cant count them...we have people starving in the streets, we have otherwise hard-working honest Americans not able to find jobs, but we allocate 15 Billion a year to Israel....I'm sorry, which MAJOR nations is it again that doesnt "look out for them" that causes them to go it ALL alone??? Israel would be NOTHING if the US didnt continually send them money, period, end of story. Israel IS the root cause of tension in the middle east, whether they're right or wrong is irrelevant, they ARE the cause, and they CERTAINLY are not alone in causing it.

Why doesn't the US do something about this?

Why should we? Iran has publically threatened time and time again to wipe Israel off the map. It is actively seeing nuclear materials to do so. (under the pretense of peaceful reasons - yeah, right
) If Israel deems that it needs to destroy the nuclear source before Iran can make good on it's promise to destroy it ... then that's Israel's right to make that decision. It's not our decision.

So you're agreeing then, that the US only sees threat based on whom we aren't giving billions in aid to at the moment.

Why is Israel permitted to be such a cancer on the world?

It's always people with your mentality there that see a NATION's anamolies as a RELIGIOUS statement...that clearly was not "anti-jewry" as you would have it, it was the Israeli nation as a WHOLE that was being referred to...why must so many people always want to turn a statement these days into religious content? Not all Israeli's are jews, and not all Jews are Israeli's... so why bring "Jewry" into this conversation at all?? Seems more like YOUR only interest in any political debate at ALL revloves around Religion, and why JEWS are under attack....they arent...Israel as a problem is under attack.

I would bet that more than 75% of all terrorist attacks have something to do with Israel.

'something to do with Israel'. You mean that the radical Islamics in the area don't want it there so they attack the citizens of the soverign nation of Israel?

What would you be willing to bet? Let's add them all up and see what terrorist attacks Israel has committed compared to the radical Islamics in the world.

This whole argument is moot...whether or not Israel is the cause of terrorist attacks either begun by them or by radical islamists has no meaning...there are radical jews, there are radical christians, there are radical islamists, and the list goes on....terrorism is terrorism is terrorism...the PROBLEM with terrorism is in our being able to discern what is TRULY terrorism these days, and what is fighting for a cause and freedom.

The US should stop defending this despicable regime and let them fend for themselves. They would be a smoldering hole in the ground in less than a week.

That would make you, and the Klan, happy, wouldn't it?

So, a regime automatically is assumed to be a particular religion again? Again, I'm sorry, who's view is skewed?? Who is bringing religion into a conversation that hinges on Military policy??

For one who continually professes that OTHERS are so anti-semetic it seems that people who share YOUR view of Jewry are doing the most harm. Enough already with the religious bias...Israel (the borders defined as being such) the NATION, is what's causing the problem... not Jews...even the Iranian president has admitted to that so why dont we get off the topic of Jews already its not about "Jewdom"

AB1

[edit on 7-1-2007 by alphabetaone]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

MSNBC.com

LONDON - A British newspaper reported Sunday that Israel has drafted plans to strike as many as three targets in Iran with low-yield nuclear weapons, aiming to halt Tehran’s uranium enrichment program. The Israeli Foreign Ministry denied the report.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Important quotes from the above article:

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert’s office said it would not respond to the claim. “We don’t respond to publications in the Sunday Times,” said Miri Eisin, Olmert’s spokeswoman.

Israeli Minister of Strategic Threats Avigdor Lieberman also declined to comment on the report.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev denied the report and said that “the focus of the Israeli activity today is to give full support to diplomatic actions” and the implementation of a U.N. Security Council resolution imposing sanctions on Iran for refusing to halt enrichment.

And this:

The Israeli army declined to comment when asked by The Associated Press on Sunday whether the Israeli air force was training for an attack against Iranian nuclear facilities.

“I refuse to believe that anyone here would consider using nuclear weapons against Iran,” Reuven Pedatzur, a prominent defense analyst and columnist for the daily Haaretz, told the AP. “It is possible that this was a leak done on purpose, as deterrence, to say ’someone better hold us back, before we do something crazy.”’

I wanted to preserve these quoets here in this thread.

The "denials" and no comments from Israeli officials are interesting to say the least.

The motive and timing for these "leaks" are still questionable.

I'd still like to see what the Iranian official reaction to all of this news is.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by artyd]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

I wanted to preserve these quoets here in this thread.

The "denials" and no comments from Israeli officials are interesting to say the least.

The motive and timing for these "leaks" are still questionable.

I'd still like to see what the Iranian official reaction to all of this news is.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

Yes, I too, saw the above quotes in my local paper early this morning..it's very interesting as is it's timing.

Im with you on believing that the statements were "leaked" just as a scare tactic, I doubt highly that Israel has any intention of bringing such a thing to fruition.

So far, I think Iran's most dramatic reaction is in their NON-reaction...either they knew, leaked it themselves (doubtful) or are playing a smart political card of not being seen as the aggressor.

AB1

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by artyd
Ignorance is bliss.
I almost flipped when I saw the name of this thread.
It's funny how everybody is talking # they have no god damn idea of, thinking they do.

I live in Israel and I know enough people (doesn't really matter who or where) to know exactly what is going on.
I can assure you that nothing like this is going on.
This is bull#.
This thread is FUBAR.

First off a THREAD cant be BS...facts surrounding it can, yet, unfortunately for you as much "in the know" as you think you may be, the fact remains that these things WERE in the public domain via the sunday times in london...

Just living in Israel doesnt spontaneously give you insider knowledge on Israel's Military policies or their plans any more than living in the US gives me to America's.

However, for you to proclaim that this is BS without citing specific resources, in all frankness, YOU sir are the one talking BS until you can cite otherwise.

Until the time where you deem it in all of our best interest to cite your "in the know" resources, I feel it incumbent on me (as an individual) to believe what I hear in the mainstream for the time being as opposed to a poster here who's credentials are completely anonymous to me. But thanks for your OPINION none the less.

AB1

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
Israel IS the root cause of tension in the middle east,

No. The root cause of tension is INTOLERANCE by the radical Islamists.

whether they're right or wrong is irrelevant,

WRONG. It is very relevant.

It's always people with your mentality ...

gawd that's funny!

This whole argument is moot...

The person who I responded to said that 75% of the terrorist attacks in the world were because of Israel. I showed that not to be true. I took him up on his 'bet'. Deal with it.

Israel (the borders defined as being such) the NATION, is what's causing the problem... not Jews

- you can not separate Israel from the Jews. It's impossible.
- Israel is not 'the problem'.

...even the Iranian president has ...

... and you believe what he says?
Again .. that's funny!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by artyd
I can assure you that nothing like this is going on.

Yes, I posted a link showing that Israel denies this .. but that post disappeared. They say it isn't true at all.

UMGAZZ has now posted more on that. The story is just not true.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Its not bigotry, its the truth and its pathetic that the anti jew card is pulled at any criticism of Israel.

Ill admit I don't like Israel but its not because they're jews, they could be Muslim, Christian or Satanists for all I care. Its because of their actions and nothing else.

I cannot stand the US government and its actions but why doesn't anyone criticise me for being anti Christian?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

No. The root cause of tension is INTOLERANCE by the radical Islamists.

You could argue all day like this but the fact is both Israel and the Muslims are at fault for the situation. I cant believe any objective person would think otherwise.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

You could argue all day like this but the fact is both Israel and the Muslims are at fault for the situation. I cant believe any objective person would think otherwise.

which is exactly the problem. the pro-israeli folks here blame the muslims, the anti-israeli folks blame the jews, and both sides refuse to admit that everyone is a fault...including the west for the way they divided the land to begin with.

it's called bias, and there is alot of it here.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If this was any other country I would dismiss it off-hand (even the US), but with Israel you have to take them seriously in such matters. They will not stand for a nuclear Iran - end of story. If stopping Iran involves nuking them and risking a huge regional war which could, ultimately, result in the destruction of Israel.....then so be it. In their eyes, Iran will nuke them anyway if they get the technology to do so - so better to do something now. Israel will also have no faith in the recent toothless UN resolutions either - they know the diplomatic route will take years, and will be blocked at almost every turn by Russia and China.

Remember, the usual rules and logic don't apply when it comes to Israel.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thinking with an open mind, and speculating on why it makes sense from an Israeli perspective to be prepared for any eventuality in regard to Iran's intentions with it's nuclear program, and past vague perceived threats against Israel from Iranian leaders and religious figures.

If Iran is intent on obtaining nuclear weapons, and would use them against Israel... it would be foolish for the Israelis to not be prepared to take action against such a threat.

Think of it this way.. If you were an Israeli... your family, children, friends and fellow citizens around you, and the leader of a neighboring nation is boldly making threats etc. (perceived or real)... while pursuing nuclear technologies... Wouldn't you support any effort to remove the nuclear threat?

I believe there will come a day, and maybe this is NOT it, but one day Israel may take action on Iran... they have made it clear in many ways so far that they will do everything possible to prevent Iran from having the ability to create nuclear weapons... Do you blame them really?... If you were Israeli??

Just food for thought

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
there is another source, in which an Israeli defense source says
Britian's SundayTimes story was 'Psychological Warfare'

see: www.asharqalawsat.com...
"Israel Has Plans for Nuclear Strike on Iran: Paper" 07/01/2007

also in the response to the SundayTimes article, & the assumed targets & such...the same unidentified source in Israel Defense said....

~source noted above~
"If we have such capabilities, I find it extremely unlikely that we would use them (nukes) in a tactical strike" ..............

"Israel's nuclear option, if it exists, is exclusively a second-strike doctrine"

another significant quote is found in this same Paper...

~source noted above~
...(Foreign Ministry spokesman, Mohammad Ali Hasseini) He said,
"Any measure against Iran will not be left without a response
and the invader will regret its act immediately"...

the spokesperson said invader rather than Agressor or something similar...
maybe that unconscious slip of the lip is actually referring to what
Irans' response would be, to the rumored Israeli Preemptive strikes on their nuclear facilities....
not an army of Iranian soldiers invasion,
but by those 40,000 Hezbollah militants (still in Lebanon) & the thousands of bomb wearing martyrs they claim are ready/willing/able!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'If we have such capabilities...."

?Wasn't there a small flurry when the USA was caught shipping DU Bunker Buster missiles/or bombs, thru British military terminals, to some middle east destination,
right as the summer '06 Labanon/Israel War was going on?

?Wouldn't it be a coup if the Israeli AF, dopped the BunkerBuster bombs on the limited targets, & created the 'tunnels' necessary
for the earlier coordinated & deployed B-2s from the homeland USA,
could drop their laser-guided, low-yield nuclear missiles, right into those 50' deep 'tunnels' which the Israelis created only 1/2 hour before??!

~ Israel would be 1 step removed from the nuclear use stigma,
~ the USA would still be the only nation to use nukes on other nation,(..err, but never in anger- only to bring about peace!)
~ A deterrent would remain, as Israel would still have it's retalitory? nukes
~ the USA would show that even an ally with nukes, cannot use them unilaterally, (without permission of the U.S.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join