It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skulls on a turned-off TV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Please let me know if these links don't work.

Has anyone seen anything like this? My daughter's friend called last night and was upset that the photos she took of a couple of other friends included the skulls on the TV. The TV was turned off at the time the photo was taken (with a digital camera) but the skulls appeared on the resulting photo. I've blurred the girls' faces for obvious reasons and to show that the TV was in the background. The other photo is a cropped image of the TV. They were in a restaurant and the TV is normally not on (it was turned off on this night as well), usually only music is playing in the background. The girl was frightened as were the other girls. We know she is honest and has been close friends with my daughter for nearly 10 years. We'd like to know if anyone has seen a similar incident, where a TV is off yet shows an image like this. They did not see the image except on the camera.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Mickey Martian]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.psychics.co.uk... There is a photo there of two ghosts on a TV, but it was currently turned on. On that picture the TV does look as if it was turned on, I would expect to just see the skulls on a TV which has been turned off.

I believe that you have been pranked

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
That just looks like the tv was on and a show showed a picture of skulls.

I think it was on.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickey Martian
My daughter's friend called last night and was upset that the photos she took of a couple of other friends included the skulls on the TV. The TV was turned off at the time the photo was taken (with a digital camera) but the skulls appeared on the resulting photo.

The other photo is a cropped image of the TV.

Here is what I get:

First, your cropped image.

And here is my cropped image from the larger picture.

If you notice, the actual images - although one is blurry - do not actually line up. Second, there is a clear reflection of a flash in the first image and none in the second. What this tells me is that these two images are seperate from each other. The cropped image that you reference is in fact a seperate image taken at a closer distance than the first one, but you mislead us into thinking they come from the same image that you blew up and cropped of the image of the TV. Why would someone go back and shoot a second picture of the TV unless it were probably staged. There is no evidence for us to believe this even if you do say she is honest, which is just heresay.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The T>V is definately on ..look at the reflections on it.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Whenever I've taken pictures where a tv is on, I've seen lines running across the screen. Those aren't on here. As for the cropped image looking different, all I know is that the kid who cropped it and emailed it to us has absolutely no techincal expertise to fake this.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Whenever I've taken pictures where a tv is on, I've seen lines running across the screen. Those aren't on here. As for the cropped image looking different, all I know is that the kid who cropped it and emailed it to us has absolutely no techincal expertise to fake this.

It's too far away too have the lines.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If you look closely, your cropped image does have a faint line running across it. Just because it doesn't have a black band or partial screen doesn't mean the TV isn't functioning like it should be. The key to getting images off of a TV using a camera is a longer shutter speed or exposure time. With a longer time, you can capture a TV image without any major noticeable lines or bands.

I cannot debate the authenticity of your sources, since they aren't speaking for themselves, but seem to be just teenagers and other people and not you. From what you've shown us, we can only say whether they look real to us or not................and that is about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
If you notice, the actual images - although one is blurry - do not actually line up. Second, there is a clear reflection of a flash in the first image and none in the second. What this tells me is that these two images are seperate from each other. The cropped image that you reference is in fact a seperate image taken at a closer distance than the first one, but you mislead us into thinking they come from the same image that you blew up and cropped of the image of the TV

Everything you wrote there is wrong! (just wanted to point that out)

The cropped image is from the same image in a bigger resolution, and they are identical in any way! Even the flash you talked about, I can see it...

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
Everything you wrote there is wrong! (just wanted to point that out)

The cropped image is from the same image in a bigger resolution, and they are identical in any way! Even the flash you talked about, I can see it...

Would you mind proving that the two pictures are from the same source. No one on here can do that. (only the poster can prove they are if they wanted to) You see that they are similar and I see that they are not, so beyond that there is no further proof unless someone brings it to the table.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Would you mind proving that the two pictures are from the same source. No one on here can do that. (only the poster can prove they are if they wanted to) You see that they are similar and I see that they are not, so beyond that there is no further proof unless someone brings it to the table.

I might

But I must first ask the author if he can post the first picture in full resolution, got a deal Mickey? Or is Ben really right about this?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I posted the pictures as I received them on my email, with the exception that I blurred the faces of the girls for obvious reasons. I don't really know what else to say but that I trust the girl who sent them, we've know her and her family for nearly a decade. They insist (I asked them) that the TV was off.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
How do I post the photo in "full resolution"? Not sure what you mean. Thanks. If there's another way to send the photo, let me know.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Here is what I get:

First, your cropped image.

mickeys pic here...

And here is my cropped image from the larger picture.

ben's pic here...

Okay ben, I see the point that you were trying to make. I thought the same thing when I saw the bright spot from the flash. Then I realised that if the pic was taken close up, the bright spot would be much larger, maybe even obscuring the TV screen.

Now try this...

But take the original cropped pic of the TV, and shrink it down to the size of the TV in the other pic, for a better comparison of the two:

They look pretty close to me.

Mickey: What size were the dimensions of the original pictures? Did you crop the picture of the TV yourself?

I am asking because since your cropped pic has pretty good resolution, the original that it was cropped from must be fairly large.

I think this is just a case of pranksters having a good laugh at the conspiracy nut.

No offense intended, as I am one too.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by Mechanic 32]

Ram

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have been thinking of the connection with the mobile cell-phones.
That they can hear stuff - If the batteries are not taken out of the cell-phone.

TV with remote control - In restaurants are usually not turned off. You know that red light that indicates it is - ready to be turned on by the remote control.

Also - If you take a video cam-corder - You can film the remote-control itself - and see that it has a light - that the naked human eye cannot see - but the video cam-corder can record and see it.

Maybe a signal is being sent out - That the eye cannot see - but cameras can see on some TV's in that area where the picture was taken.

Only maybe - I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Isn't that a line going across the screen about a quarter way down from the top? From where the frequency of the TV was different from the camera or whatever.

I'd say the TV was just on at the time, maybe someone turned it on just before they took the picture, saw that all it was showing was some trash program about skulls then turned it off before the girls noticed lol

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

They look pretty close to me.

Mickey: What size were the dimensions of the original pictures? Did you crop the picture of the TV yourself?

I am asking because since your cropped pic has pretty good resolution, the original that it was cropped from must be fairly large.

I think this is just a case of pranksters having a good laugh at the conspiracy nut.

No offense intended, as I am one too.

I'm not sure what the dimensions were on the originals. I remember that the cropped image of the skulls was rather small, but the one with the girls was very large, larger than the browser window so I had to scroll across to see the entire picture. They don't know I'm a "conspiracy/paranormal nut", but they're all kind of superstitious about things like this, so I doubt they'd make a prank about it. The father of one of the girls is a very serious minded, former preacher and wouldn't be a part of something like that.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

They don't know I'm a "conspiracy/paranormal nut",

I wouldn't be so sure now. You did say your daughter had been friends for "nearly 10 years", no? Kids pick up on things pretty quickly.

but they're all kind of superstitious about things like this

Things like what? Conspiracy theories, or skulls on a TV that was thought to be turned off?

The father of one of the girls is a very serious minded, former preacher and wouldn't be a part of something like that.

I don't think that would eliminate the possibility of his daughter being involved in a prank.

I'm still calling it a prank. Either by the girls, or by you. Just my 2 cents.

The only thing I find even remotely believable about this story, is that the smaller picture you have posted is indeed a cropped portion of the larger one.

edit = clarification.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

I'm still calling it a prank. Either by the girls, or by you. Just my 2 cents.

You have no basis to make either claim. Since you can't explain it any other way, you claim it's a prank. That's not intellectually honest. I came here to get an answer, not an accusation.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well notice that the TV is turned on, as its not black behind the skulls. Although I would wonder exactly what type of TV show would display skulls like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join