It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The object was NOT a Russian rocket!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by SkyWay

Nasa and NORAD obviously knew nothing about this because they make a point of blowing a trumpet everytime they know something is about to burn up over our heads.

err ....... like the published data predicting thsast they knew it would happen ?

Of course there was nothing in the media about it because they had no clue it was coming.

maybe you should read more , it was predicted ......... just because yuou missed it ........ whose fault is that ???

But now they're trying to save face by claiming that they knew about it all along. The old "psychic" trick.

no they predicted it .... and published the data before it happened

Please provide a link to the media outlet that carried the prediction. Thanks.

jra

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Did you click the link that IA linked to that was posted on January 3rd with the telemetry data?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

prediction

thank you

PS - i only said it was published , so do not attempt to twist the source

we techteads have that site book marked as a news source

as others have stated , idiot box chanels like cnn and fox are more interested in idiot celebrity antics than real science news

it was predicted and published , get over it

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here's the video from fox news (I think) It's a invasion from space gone bad or a rocket of somesort burning up.

Mikell

www.myfoxcolorado.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

prediction

thank you

PS - i only said it was published , so do not attempt to twist the source

we techteads have that site book marked as a news source

as others have stated , idiot box chanels like cnn and fox are more interested in idiot celebrity antics than real science news

it was predicted and published , get over it

You have GOT to be kidding! That is not even a NASA site! Are you going to try and tell the intelligent people here that a notice on an obscure site such as you linked to is PUBLISHING A PREDICTED EVENT! Has not NASA always used the major media in the past when they announced any objects that would enter and burn in our atmosphere?! You sir...No I won't be mean. It would be SO easy.

Suffice to say that the site you linked to has nothing on it from NASA nor NORAD and it doesn't even have the date that the message was posted. You are inadequate to this discussion.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Their ever predicting one for GASP!!!TOMORROW!!!! Do they have permission to predict the future??? Well maybe the name of the page is Reentry News!!

www.reentrynews.com...

mikell

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Their ever predicting one for GASP!!!TOMORROW!!!! Do they have permission to predict the future??? Well maybe the name of the page is Reentry News!!
www.reentrynews.com...
mikell

Not exactly a widely recognized source for information on major events. I don't thing CNN has anything to worry about, as far as competition is concerned, from that site! Neither does FOX nor NBC nor even the World Weekly News!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
CNN, Fox, and the other news sources you hold so dearly, rarely if ever have a news story about future atmospheric entries. They are far more concerned about Rosie O'Donnel and Trump than anything science oriented.

Anyone who is interested in such events all ready has the relevant sites for information bookmarked. Just because it doesn't say CNN doesn't make it unreliable.

jra

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Why does it have to be a source from NASA or some mainstream news media source? Like myself and others have said. Mainstream news sites tend to neglect stuff like this until it happens.

Why do you consider the source that has been posted as being nothing of value? Perhaps you should educate yourself about the Aerospace Corporation before dismissing it so easily. You can also read more about them on there own page here.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

ok , so how was the re-entry predicted , a day before it was sighted ? HUH ??

That post was made at 11:30PM GMT. The event over Colorado happened at 6:15AM MST. You do the math. Besides, I don't really see where that proves anything.

If you have the means to zap something out of orbit, then tracking it is an assumed prerequisite. Subsequently, predicting when the debris field will enter the atmosphere is then a matter of simple mathematics.

Furthermore, I can make a post on my blog and put any date and time that I want. In this way I can make it look like I've predicted anything I want to. Example HERE.

NASA's technological prowess is not reflected in their half-baked cover stories. I guess the alien's can't help them with that, eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Anyone who is interested in such events all ready has the relevant sites for information bookmarked. Just because it doesn't say CNN doesn't make it unreliable.

But if you were going to make a major announcement that you wished to make known to as many people as possible, which would you choose -- A major news source such as CNN or a web-flyer?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
1. It's not nor was it a major event

2. CNN, Fox. MSNBC ect. nobody really cares it was an oops!.

3. The videos were great though!!

mikell

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As stated several times CNN and others have little interest in such stories, thus there is no major announcement. NORAD, or rather the 1st Space Control Squadron, located at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station in Colorado Springs, tracked its reentry from a launch that occurred Dec. 27. NORAD did inform both the National Guard and Homeland Security. Both agencies didn't feel the need to make a big deal about it. Even CNN and the others only expressed a passing interest in the story after the fact. CNN has used data from the 1st Space Control Squadron when dealing with stories about Space Shuttle launches.

jra

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself
That post was made at 11:30PM GMT. The event over Colorado happened at 6:15AM MST. You do the math. Besides, I don't really see where that proves anything.

I have the time set to GMT -8 (PST) on that forum. I see the date and time listed as "03-January-2007, 03:33 PM". The rocket re-entered on the 4th of January at approximately around 6:15am MST or 5:15am PST. In other words. That post was made about 14 hours before the event happened. I think it proves a lot actually.

jra

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

But if you were going to make a major announcement that you wished to make known to as many people as possible, which would you choose -- A major news source such as CNN or a web-flyer?

Who said anything about making a "major announcement"? Clearly no one prior to the event figured it being news worth or of any importance. It only showed up on the news when people who saw it didn't know what it was and started making calls to news stations and what not.

Things fall out of the sky all the time all over the world. Just look at this list www.reentrynews.com... I'll bet most of those never even made the news.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by jra]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A question for D4rk Kn1ght or however you spell it.

What happened to your theory that spanned thousands of posts? Someone related to you told you about Project Bluebeam didn't they and you are going to hide in the mountains when it happens?

If that is the case, how can they shoot down a hologram?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The fact that the debris came down so close to NORAD is, well, odd.

Sure, they predicted that this event would take place hours before it happened. They could just have easily said that Jimmy Hoffa was returning from his magical mystery tour. Whether or not you accept the rocket booster story is your business.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Who said anything about making a "major announcement"? Clearly no one prior to the event figured it being news worth or of any importance. It only showed up on the news when people who saw it didn't know what it was and started making calls to news stations and what not.
[edit on 6-1-2007 by jra]

When I wrote posted that message I was responding to the comment by ignorant ape that the event had been predicted and published. So if NASA had predicted and published it then it would have been reported in the major media outlets. And if it has been predicted and published then it must have been considered news worthy, contrary to what you have indicated in the above quote. But of course it never was predicted nor published in any major media channel because they did not know about it. Neither NASA or NORAD is going to admit that though, because it makes them look rather lagging in their awareness of what is going on in our air-space.
Instead they will probably try to downplay their oversight by claiming, as you suggested, that they knew about it but didn't consider it newsworthy.
Yeah. Sure.

In this state of pervasive terrorism does anyone really believe that an agency such as NASA or NORAD doESn't consider flaming objects flying over our air-space newsworthy. The truth is that if there is going to be any debris, whether manmade or natural, falling out of the sky the public will probably be notified very promptly to prevent any undue alarm. Especially with much of the population on edge these days. If agencies such as NORAD or NASA actually DIDN'T notify the public when they know that rocket debris or other space matter is going to light up the night sky in a horde of flaming fragments then they would be neglectful. For it is their duty to inform the public of such things. But of course they knew nothing about this "stuff" that blazed across the colorado sky so they really weren't neglectful, just a bit laggard in their awareness of stuff hitting our atmosphere.

As I indicated in a previous post, the only way to know that we are being told the truth by agencies such as NASA is to apply a lie-detector test to them. Or maybe inject some truth serum into them. It would probably take a gallon of the stuff to make any of NASA's expert liars tell the truth.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
^ And people were indeed alarmed... we had a hurriedly written 'does anyone know what that thing is' post on here minutes after it happened.

You'd think something that huge and widely seen would get at least some news coverage. They announce whenever a satellite or meteor is going to come down so enthusiasts can watch it... but they didn't think to tell the public about this gigantic blue streak coming out of the sky?

Not saying i think it was a UFO, because it could have been any of number of things, but i do think it is a bit strange that it wasn't shown in the MAJOR media outlets.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
^ And people were indeed alarmed... we had a hurriedly written 'does anyone know what that thing is' post on here minutes after it happened.

You'd think something that huge and widely seen would get at least some news coverage. They announce whenever a satellite or meteor is going to come down so enthusiasts can watch it... but they didn't think to tell the public about this gigantic blue streak coming out of the sky?

Not saying i think it was a UFO, because it could have been any of number of things, but i do think it is a bit strange that it wasn't shown in the MAJOR media outlets.

Of course. It is not credible to think that something that would blaze like volley of missiles over the U.S. would not be considered worthy of informing the public in advance for thier peace of mind. Especially when it seems that every other day we are being told that terrorist are planning to blow up this place or attack that place or blowup airplanes. Any rationally thinking person can understand that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join