It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1959 Australian Outback Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've recently discovered this famous picture of a (I'm guessing it's a woman) ghostly figure in Austrailia. When the photo was taken, the figure was not there. I've wondered if this part is just a piece of the actual picture taken and has been superimposed to see the white figure or the picture taken is really that small. See for yourself.

warphead.com

mod edit: title spelling and fixed link

[edit on 7-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm just wondering why he decided to take the picture at that spot and at that time, I know that on a camera you can do this without having any accesories for it, and on a film camera.

The photo is convincing, and the history of that area suggests that it may have some activity.

I wouldn't be too sure if the photo is 100% genuine, but I think that it may be real

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That would be one butt ugly ghost if it was real but since the picture is so old people could have changed it since it was first taken.I have seen how they made ghost pictures in the early days of film developing and It could be easily faked back then too.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
True, very true. It's up for debate. I too believe it's real but just keep in mind that it's probably just a little piece of the picture, so we can see the ghost. I've seen dozens of photos that have been cropped and it's more than likely it did to this picture. I also found out this picture was taken by a reverend at a nearby church and he didn't notice the person until it was developed.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The photo is of extremely poor quality, i don't think its a ghost, there simply isn't enough detail in anything in the picture to examine it properly- even the tree's look blurred and ghostly, and we all know that you don't get ghost tree's.

Secondly the words "the place was known for being a spot where the Aborigine tribesmen carried out terrible ceremonies in the past" doesn't sound very plausable to me considering the westerners were very racist towards aborignies (and many still are) and it just sounds like some good old 50's propaganda to me to make people fear and hate the local non-christian aboriginies.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The object in the picture looks causcasian, not quite sure about the history of the site, personallly doesnt ring any bells? and certianly hasnt been reconised for being haunted in this day and age.
Propoganda? i think so to!
If there was some degree of transparency I might be inclinded to think otherwise.

top topics

join