It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are here. I have the final answer. The meaning of life.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Who i am doesn't matter, it is my information that does. It will be quick and to the point. Ask questions after.

So why not hit everyone with the nutshell right off the bat.

What we are living in now is an advanced version simulation of life.

Please listen on.
Ever heard of the computer game the sims? well many have. Now what would you expect that game to play like lets say 20-30 years from now. Like us. They'd look like us, think like us and act like us. They would be an exact copy of life, on a computer screen, and we "the player" would be happily called "god". Right now we play the current versions, but the AI of these characters are not smart enough to figure out what they are actually doing. Just a bunch of command code. But eventually it will get to the point of where we are now, and their thinking capabilities will be unlimited.

So now that I've gone through that lets discuss our god(s).

I do believe in a god. He/She is what we'd call "the player". He watches us all in fast motion, while he sits in regular time so to speak. Did he/she create the earth in 6-7 days, yes. How? It was as easy as building terrain around a sphere. Terrain already previously built by the company who designed the game. While playing the sims did you create the trees and walls? no. You used the variety of choices the game allowed you to select. Online capabilities could also explain other life in our galaxy in the game. Ever heard of the game "spore"? If you haven't please look it up.

So why are we here???

Answer: for the entertainment of our god(s).

So simple.

Why do you play the sims?
Everything we do, live our lives, make decisions, kill ourself, invade countries, now what a show that would be for someone watching from above. Has action, drama everything, its pure entertainment. It would be truly hard not to entertain either, because even if we tried, its entertaining in itself. The fact we are able to think for ourselves and slowly evolve must be a crazy sight to see. He sits and watches and hopes for our eventual downfall. Why do I say this, well I will explain soon.

So human nature. What is it? History tells our kind is so smart we are dumb. We dedicate most of our lives for power and that man is naturally evil. Now if this is true and can't be helped then why is it in us?

God put it there.

Why? Now im being blunt with all this, but it is because he would like to witness our self destruction. Same thing was planned for the dinosaurs, but when god realized they were too ignorant to know how to implode he killed them off. Now he has a more deviant dominant species. Ones without big claws and big teeth, so they can be reliant on their brain power to create large weapons, to point at each other. and why? The same reason to place walls around guests in the sims. That's why. It's just so much more entertaining to see the race evolve first. We got it lucky too, cause if the power was given to some of us crazies, havok would reach the stars.

I believe the world we live in and our bodies are completely seperated from the mind. Our mind is here to tell us these things are here based on what we've learned, and this information becomes implanted in our brains as we sleep. I believe sleep is the key to our fates. Ever been in a situation that you recognized in a dream from the past. This is because when we sleep our key fate moments are loaded into our mind before the event takes place, and sometimes we remember it crossing by us.

Bottom line is god is a guy like you or me, who created the planet and watches us daily, what happens after we die, lets just call that "level 2".

So what does this info do? Well basically nothing. I believe our generation will be the one to reach the end of life as we know. And trust me it won't be a comet, or something natural, Itll be of our own doing and our own hands. Compliments of the big guy.

lets here those rants.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by TheSims10]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSims10

So why are we here???

So simple.

Hi Sims and welcome to ATS

Why would God be entertained when He knows the out come?.

More so i believe its because of Love,He knows an amount of us will,have and do love and obey Him and will spend the rest of eternity with Him the key to Him is through Christ.

I don`t`mean to dis your analogy its just that there`s much more to it,well that and what i`ve seen of the sims reminds me of a technologically advanced game to replace doll house games for girls.

I have no doubt God does not want us to be mindless ants lost in what the majority of society thinks is life mimicked by the sims and soapies on tv.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
interesting and amusing theory. Do you believe there is a God and his own nemesis, Satan or Lucifer, and how does he figure in the game

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This idea is pretty close to the gnostic belief system but using modern metaphor of the sims. You can decide for yourself whether 'God' is benevolent, evil or neutral.

Allow me to quote the great Bill Hicks: "Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom with the weather."

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yep, according to gnostic teachings, God is art of us, just as much we are part of it. So gnostic teachings will conflict with your theory, sims.

IMHO it's like this. In the beginning (a too long time ago) there was only God in existance. And he had a quest to know who or what he/she was. Being there alone there was no way he could figure that out. So God split herself a near infinite amount of times, with all those resulting in being some sort of object or being that perceived itself as an individual, and apart from the source (God), that individuality actually being an illusion.

It's a little bit like the Sims yet, but with one big exception. Those Sims characters are extensions of the player, and everything they experience, the player also experiences it as them. They die, the player experiences death. They love, the player experiences love. They murder, the player experiences himself being a murderer. They feel happy, the player experiences himself feeling happy.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

IMHO it's like this. In the beginning (a too long time ago) there was only God in existance. And he had a quest to know who or what he/she was. Being there alone there was no way he could figure that out. So God split herself a near infinite amount of times, with all those resulting in being some sort of object or being that perceived itself as an individual, and apart from the source (God), that individuality actually being an illusion.

TheBandit795,

I like that....have you studied Kabbalah?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You all should see the movie The Thirteenth Floor, which has a plot similar to this idea of a computer generated world. In this movie the programmers are able to download into the computer world which is set back in the 30's. I don't want to give too much of the plot away, but the concept is very interesting. Check it out sometime.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nope, I haven't studied kabbalah, but I guess that that would have much in common with other spiritual studies and books. What I described there I learned in the "conversations with God" books.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by TheSims10

So why are we here???

So simple.

Hi Sims and welcome to ATS

Why would God be entertained when He knows the out come?.

Well, im easily entertained if I know the outcome, I think thats sometimes the point. When I stick a character in a pool and take out the ladder he swims helplessly until eventual death, and that pleases me....i'm truly sorry if that offends. But knowing the outcome of something doesn't mean that you won't be entertained. Thats why you watch action movies, you expect action to take place, its whawt you enjoy.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
interesting and amusing theory. Do you believe there is a God and his own nemesis, Satan or Lucifer, and how does he figure in the game

Good question, and here is how i think that whole mess plays out.

I believe what we know as God and Satan are just other characters in the game. Now that I think about it more, who created the god we know now?, and i believe that "being" is truly who the player is.

It could be that the player put in these moderators to just have a story and plot line for those who die. You're bad you go to hell, you're good to go to heaven, and so it can just be another way to see how people go out of their way to follow these good and bad rules.

so to sum it up our god now, and satan may not even be key to our creation, but could possibly just be other pawns placed to make things more interesting. I really think we are testing rats...

Crazy thing to me is quantum physics. Because its based on probability and truly different then how things work on bigger level. I believe the finding out of how atoms truly work will be a major key to finding out how this game "the world" works

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
"Man, know thyself, and and you will know the Universe and its Gods."

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Nope, I haven't studied kabbalah, but I guess that that would have much in common with other spiritual studies and books. What I described there I learned in the "conversations with God" books.

I love it when different sources teach the same thing..... a kind of synchronicity there or universal truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ok personally I think the idea of us being in a "game" is a bit crazy I mean gods been sitting at a computer screen for the last few billion years playing the same game? Now I love the sims but can't play it for any longer than a couple of hours at a time lol.

Secondly why are there never glitches? and other strange things which happen with games?

Did he/she create the earth in 6-7 days, yes. How? It was as easy as building terrain around a sphere. Terrain already previously built by the company who designed the game. While playing the sims did you create the trees and walls? no. You used the variety of choices the game allowed you to select

Well considering the earth's land mass was at one point one giant grouping which was broken up by tectonic activity this seems a litle far fetched to me, Also Who created this game and all these players? are you suggesting that those "players" are also in a game and so on for eternity?

It just seems to me that most of these theorys seem to have surfaced since the making of the film the matrix, and yes I'm not saying your wrong or right i'm not saying i'm wrong or right. But think about how tricky it is to play the sims with about 4 people in th house now try playing that with 6 billion people in that house?

I'm sorry if i've come across harsh at all I didn't mean to if I did.

Bye for now
Alan

"what happens when the player turns his computer off"

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The meaning of life is ...... 42
I know because I saw it on 'The Hitchikers Guide'.

The reason for us being here - to 'know, love, and serve the Lord in this life so we can be happy with him in the next' - from the Catholic Children's catechism.

It's all spiritual.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
the meaning of life is very simple.

Obtain consciousness of your eternal existence.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lol, sims - I like your analogy.

That is one of the highest theological answers to a persistant mystery.

That God simply wanted company.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
"Man, know thyself, and and you will know the Universe and its Gods."

I concur Tamahu. Not because it is my opinion to do so, but rather because truth is what truth is.

Do i agree whith the entirety of the author's introduction. No. However, this does not mean that we can not ascertain some truth from the logic.

Although this may not be the end all answer to the final question, the infomration set forth in the theory may indeed be a vital peice of the puzzle.

A.I.? Curious as to what would happen if any artificial intelligence were to be tossed down a black hole. Does consciousness cease to exists? How small can consciousness get? Just some thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,
john

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Actually, some cosmologists have already suggested this theory:

Be warned, this could be the matrix

So if there exist civilisations with cosmic simulating ability, then the fake universes they create would rapidly proliferate to outnumber the real ones. After all, virtual reality is a lot cheaper than the real thing. So by simple statistics, a random observer like you or me is most probably a simulated being in a fake world. And viewed from inside the matrix, we could never tell the difference.

I don't think that this could happen a mere 20-30 years into the future. I think it would be far into the future, and they may be scientists running a simulation of a specific period of their history. I think the whole thing is too involved to just be someone's entertainment (I hope!).

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So does that mean that I am a God when I play the sims? If your theory is true, how did it all start. Who invented the first program. Is there only one "true" universe, and the rest are just being controlled by the other universes. kind of reminds of the paralel universe\superstring\eleven dimension theory.

But...what happens when the ones being controlled, (you and me) grow thought processes like we do. what happens we we write codes to defy the physics of the computer world and transport to the real? If your theory is to be correct IMHO write a code that defies the Computerworld's physics.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Then where does free will? Did God program you to type that question?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join