It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Tommy Gun Morrison?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Remember this guy? Big time Boxer that contracted HIV? White guy? He was in Rocky IV? Well, here's an update:

What's worse, prison or HIV? He'll tell you prison. He'll tell you prison'll kill you before any virus. He hears it all the time: Ain't you dead? Ain't you dead yet?

But it's not the HIV that almost got him, it's that "Hitler bitch" in Texarkana, where they left him to rot in the hole. He was locked up for 14 months, 8 days, 6 hours and 46 minutes, and he says they had him in the hole for 3 months, 25 days, 3 hours and 2 minutes of it. He says they put him in a metal box, and lit it up with a floodlight. Lit it up 24/7.

insider.espn.go.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Remember this guy? Big time Boxer that contracted HIV? White guy? He was in Rocky IV? Well, here's an update:

What's worse, prison or HIV? He'll tell you prison. He'll tell you prison'll kill you before any virus. He hears it all the time: Ain't you dead? Ain't you dead yet?

But it's not the HIV that almost got him, it's that "Hitler bitch" in Texarkana, where they left him to rot in the hole. He was locked up for 14 months, 8 days, 6 hours and 46 minutes, and he says they had him in the hole for 3 months, 25 days, 3 hours and 2 minutes of it. He says they put him in a metal box, and lit it up with a floodlight. Lit it up 24/7.

insider.espn.go.com...

place yourself in the man's shoes, but he shouldn't have gotten in jail in the first place.
can you give some details on this guy? i was a little young back when rocky 4 was out, some info would be nice

Thx
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
He was the next great white hope in heavyweight boxing...right up until Lennox Lewis knocked him into the stone age. Then, he contracted HIV and was banned from boxing due to health reasons. I don't know how he got in jail.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Morrisons fight record...

Click!

Well what can you say about him tough white kid with a wicked left hook,he beat George Foreman,got his butt kicked by Ray Mercer,Starred in Rocky V,announced he was HIV positive,went to jail then dropped out of sight..

He is now living in Sparta, Tenn, working on his autobiography, looking for a publisher and attending acting school. Just because he was a famous white heavyweight in a fighting world largely made up of minorities, lots of fans assumed he started out with some kind of silver spoon and that he was a rich kid but thats far from the truth..

Edit ** He got caught with a gun and drugs in his car..Although he had a gun licence having them both together got him charged with 6 felonies,He copped a plea and got 2 yrs..It could have been 40 to life..

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by The Real Deal]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I was actually just watching Rocky V today (Rocky fights the Russian in Rocky IV) and was wondering what happened to the great white hope. It is a coincidence that you posted this today, either that or you watched it on TV today too.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow thats starnge you brought up Tommy....... I live in Tulsa,Ok and several years ago back in the early 90's I used to date Tommy's girlfriends sister who was a lingerie model here in town but anyways when she first introduced me to Tommy it was at a party at the Doubletree Hotel and he was all jacked up on coke. Boy he was a party animal!

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I was actually just watching Rocky V today (Rocky fights the Russian in Rocky IV) and was wondering what happened to the great white hope. It is a coincidence that you posted this today, either that or you watched it on TV today too.

Actaully, I was wondering if I should get the fight on tonight since I owe so much for the former fights on Pay per View and I was on ESPN.com/boxing and I saw a piece on him. Sorry about the wrong movie. i can't keep up with all the Rockys and Rambos

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
Wow thats starnge you brought up Tommy....... I live in Tulsa,Ok and several years ago back in the early 90's I used to date Tommy's girlfriends sister who was a lingerie model here in town but anyways when she first introduced me to Tommy it was at a party at the Doubletree Hotel and he was all jacked up on coke. Boy he was a party animal!

No surprise there.

top topics

join