It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors about Saddam's Executioners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Breaking News
Al Jazeera says it was Shia Militia. Website: It was Muqtada
By NIR ROSEN Posted 11 hr. 30 min. ago
Al Jazeera has claimed that an Iraqi official who did not want to be identified has told it that an Iraqi militia (presumably Muqtada al Sadr’s Mahdi Army) replaced all the security officials responsible for executing Saddam with its own militiamen. Meanwhile the Sunni pro-Baathist website Iraqi Rabita has claimed that one of the masked men who put the noose around Saddam’s neck was in fact Muqtada al Sadr. The website posted photos from the execution film and pointed to the man they suspected was Muqtada. They compared the masked man’s facial hair (what was visible) and his ring, with those of Muqtada. They claimed this was why the onlookers were chanting for Muqtada.
Iraq Slogger

iraqirabita.org

The pictures definitely are interesting. If true, they point to a fact that everyone pretty much knows. The only government in Iraq is the one for US press releases, and terrorists run the country.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I would not dismiss the idea that Muqtada and other miltiamen could have replaced the security officials at the prison. From what I've seen on TV Iraqi security guards, officials, etc.. at the prison and federal buildings, all wear uniforms or utilities while at work. The executioners in the video appeared to be wearing regular back on the black street clothes, no uniformity at all, civilian attire....could be evidence of a hasty "shift change".

Imo, the pictures are not enough, but there are other things, and maybe a few more will come to light over the next few weeks....it all adds up.

[edit on 6/1/2007 by SportyMB]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Breaking News
Al Jazeera says it was Shia Militia. Website: It was Muqtada
By NIR ROSEN Posted 11 hr. 30 min. ago
Al Jazeera has claimed that an Iraqi official who did not want to be identified has told it that an Iraqi militia (presumably Muqtada al Sadr’s Mahdi Army) replaced all the security officials responsible for executing Saddam with its own militiamen. Meanwhile the Sunni pro-Baathist website Iraqi Rabita has claimed that one of the masked men who put the noose around Saddam’s neck was in fact Muqtada al Sadr. The website posted photos from the execution film and pointed to the man they suspected was Muqtada. They compared the masked man’s facial hair (what was visible) and his ring, with those of Muqtada. They claimed this was why the onlookers were chanting for Muqtada.
Iraq Slogger

Whats strange about this, as soon as i read this, i remembered an article i posted in another thread.

Witnesses: Sadr's Men Killed Saddam's Lawyer

June 23, 2006 · Eyewitnesses in Baghdad say it was Shiite militiamen who murdered one of Saddam Hussein's lawyers earlier this week. The witnesses say militiamen loyal to radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr kidnapped the lawyer and then shot him dead after parading him through the streets of the capital's largest Shiite district. Sadr's spokesman angrily denied the reports.

I don't get why they would want to delay or disrupt proceedings, surely he wanted the execution to happen, certainly going by your theory.

www.npr.org...

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Denied]

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't think it looks like him actually. The mustache on the "executioner" is much thicker and grows higher on the face, and his face looks much "fatter". Also, lots of people wear rings on their pinky fingers.

Could be, probably isn't, does it really matter? The Mass murderer is dead.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well Saddam’s last words were “Muqtada al-Sadr” www.jihadwatch.org...

Apparently it was in disrespect but could it have been shock? I mean do you mean that pile of Iran loving dogs droppings could have lifted his mask and shown Saddam he was the executioner?

How ironic? And surely too incredible to be true?
But if it was true then it shows the Iraq government can’t even execute without direct American intervention.
It might also explain how the mobile phone footage got in (not that wasn’t a good thing, as it gave a more truthful description).

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
EXCELENT POST Curme

Honestly, to me anyways, that looks like Sadr.

And the fact that it at least looks like him (I personally think it may be him) is disturbing considering his militia is the prominant cause of problems and the # source of death to our men over there.

Also, if our leaders did infact hand over the leader of a nation to a militia for execution, and if he was not executed by the authorized state then the United States is actually guilty of war crimes under the geneva convention.. handing a man, a prisioner of war, to criminals to be murdered???? Because that was not a execution, that was a mob styl lynching.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am no surprised at all, the Shiites militias in Iraq are the real government of that nation now.

The government that our nation claim as in charge are nothing but the poppets to do as what US tell them to do and write in paper to look legal.

Iraq belongs to Sadr and his militia men.

new topics

top topics

join