It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Accidentally Attempts Recruitment From Arlington

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I wonder if the families of the wonded and killed military men and women, see their loss as "drama?"

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Please don't tie my words with anything other than what they were meant to be. I never made mention of the war, or oil for food scandal. More of your DRAMA. You want me to be anti-soldier, anti-military, or whatever else, so you can challenge me. That is DRAMA. Your just going to have to find someone else to pick a fight with; because I SUPPORT our soldiers. GET IT?

I dont support your drama about the big bad army, who disgraced the deaths of some servicemen/women, because the survivors recieved a letter.

Get over it.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Oh, well I guess that makes it OK then.

The Russians, the Germans, the French. We swept them aside, with a little assist from the British, to get our turn at the trough for US corporate cronies and their buddies. Not like there were no US companies involved in the "Oil for Food" scam.

My point was that before the war, you had those countries trying "hold the moral high ground", along with Kofi Annan and the other oil scandal folks.
Their objection to the war wasn't humanitarian- it was because they were making a lot of money working with Saddam, while he was ignoring mandates. When we call him on it, then somehow we're the bad guys. When you use catch phrases like profiteering, I must ask- should these companies trying to rebuild Iraq work for free, out of charity, spending their own money? Of course they're making profits, that's the intent of any business that plans on staying in business(and keeping people employeed). Of course it's obviously immoral to expect to make profits, whilst operating in inhospitable conditions and asking employees to assume personal risk to their safety. The moral thing to do would be to let companies from other countries, that didn't assume any risk liberating the country from Saddam, do the rebuilding right? It's the least we could do since they lost all of those lucrative contracts with Saddam.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You didn't even come on the thread until I questioned whether this SNAFU was a sign of a deeper readiness problem for our military, so it is clear what your motivations are, next guy.

I don't want you to be anything but yourself, and you are coming through loud and clear. I'm not impressed. I'm not challenging you, you are challenging yourself, and I hope it yields greater understanding for you.

I too support our soldiers and our military. I have the right, as well, to question the motivations of their leadership, and our leadership's provision for our soldiers to do the job set out for them, not to mention the proper conduct of that leadership when the ultimate sacrifice is made.

A simple mistake is sometimes indicative of deeper, more complex problems within the system. Nothing dramatic about it.

What if that single soldier was your parent or sibling? Is your Grampa still alive? Do you really know what its like to lose someone close to you? You sound kind of like a sociopath to me. Now that's dramatic.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
because I SUPPORT our soldiers. GET IT?

You do understand that "Support our Troops" was from a New York ad firm and was genuis to get people to support a war that should NEVER have been supported. Those rich bastards used you and me and all those men.

Dont you feel like a chump?

I have a ribbon on the back of my vehicle, its black and white and says "Stop killing people"

My dad was 82nd airborne, I grew up with this sargeant that jumped behind enemy lines out of a c-113 boxcar behind enemy lines in Korea. I know the military screws up, but this is very disrespectful and with modern data bases and cross referencing there is NO EXCUSE! None.

Next war for profit let the working class stand up and say "Not my children!"
Make the rich send there own.

The last war we fought to defend THIS land was the Cival war! Even WWII there was no chance the Japenese could have invaded this country! They wanted China, and wanted us to stop our embargo. Learn the real history and not the one fed to you by the elite.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You didn't even come on the thread until I questioned whether ...

Or I came on when I logged in and saw the thread....

and what are my motivations? I thought they were clear.

I don't know what he rest of your post about. Sorry.

What if that single soldier was your parent or sibling? Is your Grampa still alive? Do you really know what its like to lose someone close to you? You sound kind of like a sociopath to me. Now that's dramatic.

Or your still caught up in the drama. Let me explain this better, i hope. Having empathy and respect for fallen soldiers is not dramatic. Overzealous, emotional responses to insignificant events, such as recieving a letter addressed to a deceased, military family member are .

I have lost many family members, and never had a welling of anger when someone or some agency, addressed them as living. That is dramatic.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Nice post, next.

Using this unfortunate incident as an opportunity to bash the war on terrorism is about the slimiest response I can think of.

Some folks have no shame.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You do understand that "Support our Troops" was from a New York ad firm and was genuis to get people to support a war that should NEVER have been supported. Those rich bastards used you and me and all those men.

As long as my brothers and sisters are in a foreign land, dying for whatever cause, I will continue to support them. I wasn't used. I voted for whom I wanted in office, and who knows if that man would have invaded Iraq under the same pretenses. What I have done, to support them, is to get more involved in politics. To learn and understand the system better than I had, and maybe actually use some of that for something better.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You, as everyone else, have a right to feel or not feel as you wish, and to express that opinion. That's all it is, your opinion.

Imo, it was a crass screw-up to send re-enlistment papers to soldiers killed in battle, and it makes me wonder if our military doesn't have a lot of other, more grievous loose ends hanging out that could get more good soldiers killed.

You may call it being dramatic, I call it being curious, caring, and considerate.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Icarus, your still confused.

I don't think I can be any more clear on my position.

"You can't please all the people all the time."

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm not confused, and I am not trying to please you.

It is what it is, nothing more. We disagree on the matter, and that is fine by me.

Imo, using patriotism to promote a fake war so corporations can profit on the death of our children is the slimiest response to 9/11 I can think of.

You're right Grady, some people have no shame, and they need to be voted out of office and brought up on criminal charges.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I
Imo, using patriotism to promote a fake war so corporations can profit on the death of our children is the slimiest response to 9/11 I can think of.

You're right Grady, some people have no shame, and they need to be voted out of office and brought up on criminal charges.

Top notch post, its hard to believe after all that has happened since 9/11 anyone could support what this government has done. It is a crying shame our people were led by butchers and not leaders. Good leadership would never have let all this happen to this country.

You have voted Icarus Rising for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Okay, this is reminiscent of Universal Soldier meets political idiocy. Yes, I believe mistakes happen, that's a part of life everywhere and with everyone, but 75 "dead soldiers" on a list? Stupidity at its best comes to mind.

Those guys buried in Arlington Cemetary have served their time, leave them alone. This story is about as stupid as anything else that has come out of Washington D.C. in a long time. The original story, not the person who posted it here or anyone else.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Those guys buried in Arlington Cemetary have served their time, leave them alone.

I don't believe it.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Those guys buried in Arlington Cemetary have served their time, leave them alone.

I don't believe it.

I cant believe you find what this member said is funny! That is not funny Grady.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join