It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could Have the answer to ONE Question, What would you ask?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If you could ask 1 question to which you were assured the truthful answer, what would you ask, and why?

*** I would like to acknowledge and thank GreatTech for the inspiration for this thread, from one of his threads.

Thanks GreatTech.
inspirational thread:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

So, here is the scenario:

If you could ask 1 question to which you were assured the truthful answer, what would you ask, and why?

Personally, i'm still pondering the answer to this question.

OH, and please don't think i have the answer to your question(s). Me trying to answer the question is not the name of the game. Asking the question you would ask is the name of the game. Although, if people want to take a stab at answering the questions, give it a shot.

If you have the answer to just one question, what is the question you would ask, and why?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts,
john

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I would not ask a yes or no question. I'd ask an explanation-seeking why-question.

Why does he universe exist at all?

And some may think my question presupposes the universe has an origin, perhaps in time. But it's my question, so I'm asking it.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why did Steve Irvin have to die? Why do good people that seem like they could do so much to advance your kingdom die young?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
well, there are a lot of questions i'd like to have the answer to...

i think the one i'd like to always be able to answer this question:

"what can i do to make the world a better place?"

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
Why did Steve Irvin have to die?

God wanted a second opinion (capable of translating) concerning a long arguement that God has been having with some snake???

Perhaps this is a good answer, perhaps not.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My question would be a question that I have wondered for some time, and I am sure many others have wondered.

What is the point of human kind living on. this is not "what is the meaning of life" or "what does it all mean" it is simply why do we bother to conitnue living, everyone seems to hold on so dearly to life and I dont quite understand it, because everyone is going to die, eventualy everything you ever did will be forgotten, new inventions will make the past irrelevent, so why dont we just stop, and let the human race die out, even if human kind has a purpose, why do people care so much, if we all die out, then theres not going to be a single person to know what we had to do.

so in short, my question is: why does human kind bother staying alive and just not die out, what is the point.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That's easy. I would ask: "What will the winning numbers be for the next PowerBall drawing?"

SNAP!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Is Bigfoot real and can I see him, please?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I would ask God for an answer to the all time mystery...

What is the meaning of life?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i would ask god...

how in the blue h-e-double hockey stick did you get outside of time?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would ask how can I attain immortality.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I would ask how can I attain immortality.

Would you really want to be on this earth forever? Or...do you mean immortality after the end of this human existence?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I want to see the future, I want to explore the Galaxy, I want to see Earth 1000 years from now.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Where are my damn car keys!!

Seriously though my question would be is there any reason for our existence or is it all a big mistake.

btw who am i asking the question to.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDesigner
I would ask God for an answer to the all time mystery...

What is the meaning of life?

i was just about to post that

my second question would be
why is mankind the most brutal creation on the face of the planet?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

btw who am i asking the question to.

It is a hypothetical situation.

Imagine you are asking someone who has both the capability, and the intentions of supplying you with the most truthful answer.

You aren't really asking anyone the question, or rather you aren't asking anyone specifically in this thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I've given this A LOT of thought ....

Although this may not be the right answer, or the best answer, this is what i think is the most appropriate answer i can supply:

There is something that interests you more than anything else. There is something that you love doing, or there is something you have more motivation for doing. Perhaps a skill, perhaps a hobby, perhaps a discipline or specific field of study.

I say know your heart first, then follow your heart. If it something you love more than anything else, i'm pretty sure you won't be alone in your passion for it. Others will also be interested in it, and you may help them learn more about it if you learn a new thing, and in turn teach them. Like a relay race, you make a discovery, and someone in the future picks up your work and continues to make progress with your discoveries, or ideas. Not unlike what Albert Einstein did with Sir Isaac Newton's work.

I also think that there is something that you are naturally good at. Something that seems to come alot easier for you than other people.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

My Answer:
First you need to answer these two questions for yourself:
1) What do i feel more passionate about than anything else?
2) What do i do rather well which comes easy for me / What am i best at?

I say pick one of the things from those answers, or if possible both, or if you can link them together.

I don't think you can fail to make the world a better place so long as you follow your heart (passion) and what you are good at doing.

I say find those two first, then just be who you are, knowing you are doing what you are good at, and knowing you are doing what it is you are passionate about.

I hope you like this answer, although it may seem a little vague, but i can't presume to know what it is you are good at and do with relative ease, and what it is you love to do.

Hard question. Very good question though.

thanks Madnessinmysoul,
john paul peter

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It sounds like most of you are answering the way a Miss America contestant would.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
General
What question yields an answer of 42?

Specific
How are life, love and war related?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would like to know for certain if there is any single living God of any kind.

Why, you ask.

Just for the sake of knowing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join