It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Packages in D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
....a briefcase was found.....a second package was found a short distance from the first one

D.C. police say they received numerous threatening calls this morning.

CLICK

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wow, the packages in combination with the calls is pretty scary stuff! Then again, if the packages turn out to be empty, it may just be a recon test by a terrorist cell. How will we react to that style of threat, so they can change what they will do to compensate for it. I hope it's not that...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Wow, the packages in combination with the calls is pretty scary stuff! Then again, if the packages turn out to be empty, it may just be a recon test by a terrorist cell. How will we react to that style of threat, so they can change what they will do to compensate for it. I hope it's not that...

Indeed scary.......testing the response team is a good way of timing......that's all it is. Timing.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by U.S. Patriot
....a briefcase was found.....a second package was found a short distance from the first one

D.C. police say they received numerous threatening calls this morning.

CLICK

Another suspicious package has been found on Nutley Street, near Interstate-66. A bomb unit has been called to the scene. More details to come!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I also think it was a test of the response of our emergency services. Anybody that is serious about planting bombs and blowing something up sure as hell won't call in the threat but in this case that seems to be what happened.
Definatly a test to gauge the response.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Indeed scary.......testing the response team is a good way of timing......that's all it is. Timing.

Unless, of course, it contains some kind of biological. If they're going to take the package into a parking lot to blow the lock, and not a contained room...I dunno, just sounds a bit foolish.

By the way, I really like your signature

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Unless, of course, it contains some kind of biological. If they're going to take the package into a parking lot to blow the lock, and not a contained room...I dunno, just sounds a bit foolish.

By the way, I really like your signature

Thanks..................they have found 3 pkgs already! How many more? I sthis a setup? Will there be a big BOOM?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think if there were going to be a big boom, we would have heard it already, unless there are so many packages to get the inspectors to become careless.

My principal fear in this is that it's biologic. and blowing the locks in empty parking lots is just dumb. Or it might be dirty, in which case, same response.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nutley St has a Metro rail station (subway) to DC.
I live a short distance from there.
Local news is not saying much.
They have a Tag number for the person calling in the threats, nothing else yet.
Ill keep posted

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by baked]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Nutley St has a Metro rail station (subway) to DC.
I live a short distance from there.
Local news is not saying much.
They have a Tag number for the person calling in the threats, nothing else yet.
Ill keep posted

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by baked]

Here is the tag #

Police later said they were looking for a Chevrolet pick-up truck with D.C. tags, AQ0220. Anyone with information about this vehicle was asked to call police at (202) 727-9099.

Here is a scary report from a resident of DC

"I've seen hazmat activity, they're pushing yellow containers around, I've seen men in hazmat suits walking toward the park," Turner said. "There's an ambulance parked on the corner."

and even more alerting

About 9 a.m., officers from the squad fired a water cannon at the box, Gentile said. When they approached it, they saw that the box contained a dish and some kind of substance. The contents were taken away to be analyzed. Gentile had no other description for what was inside the box.

Here is the article:
www.washingtonpost.com...

L8R
BAKED

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
yikes....this is a bit unerving
I'm sure the bomb squads know what they're doing (I hope)
I doubt they'd just detonate them without inspection...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a lil bomb squad humor

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by exdog]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Haha even though that picture has been around for a while it gets a laugh every time. Especially when it actually is relevent.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeHeadR
Haha even though that picture has been around for a while it gets a laugh every time. Especially when it actually is relevent.

the fist time I saw it was earlier this week....sorry for posting old material

new topics

top topics

join