It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig Farmer & Muslim Confusion in Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanitys Last Day
What is it with all of the Texas bashing? This thread isnt about Texas, and I respectfully request that you keep your comments concerning it to yourself.

I am not bashing Texas. I am pointing out the basic attitude that so many Texans possess. Would the situation have progressed the way it did had it taken place in any other state? Possibly, arrogance is not restricted to Texans.

I am not projecting a stereotype. Texans, by far, are more apt to exhibit an “I’m better than you” attitude due to the fierce pride perpetrated by those born in this state. I have lived in ten other states, including California and New York, and visited many more. There are only eight states the US that I have not visited. I have lived in Texas for the past two years, and three years in the late 70s. Although I do not consider myself an expert, I think I qualify as a judge of behavior across this country. It is my opinion, based on my 53 years of observance, that Texans are by far more arrogant than folks in other states.

Now back on topic. So as I understand it there is no longer an issue between the two? Was this only in the news because it involved Muslims?

No, it was about the attitude of some people in this country towards Muslims due to media hype. Americans are not better than everyone else because they were born here. Texans are not better than everyone else because they were born here. A “real man” is willing to admit when he is wrong rather than doing something stupid to save face among his buddies.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join