It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im new so don't hate me if this was mentioned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of Red Cell someone mentioned it to me but they said they couldn't tell me about it. Anyone know anything it would help. I think it relates to a secret military force, I could be wrong hope it helps?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hmmnm sounds familiar did that name when I saw your post so I did some searching and the first site with info I got was Wikipedia. So I did some further searching and I came up with these:

www.navysealteams.com... ----apparently a video on it that you can buy.

www.specialoperations.com...

If i find some more I shall post the links.
Sounds interesting does this.

[edit on 5/1/2007 by Snake64_009]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
thanks that second link explained alot. What type of counterterrorist missions do you think they do?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Resistance
thanks that second link explained alot. What type of counterterrorist missions do you think they do?

Unless someone is intimately familiar with a unit, speculation as to types of missions is just that. Do a google search, and type in Richard Marcinko and Red Cell. It will give an idea of what Red Cell did(it wasn't a CT unit by the way, but rather a unit made up of CT experts who would simulate terrorist attacks at Naval bases to show the base commanders where security needed improvement.)

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV

Originally posted by 2Resistance

Unless someone is intimately familiar with a unit, speculation as to types of missions is just that. Do a google search, and type in Richard Marcinko and Red Cell. It will give an idea of what Red Cell did(it wasn't a CT unit by the way, but rather a unit made up of CT experts who would simulate terrorist attacks at Naval bases to show the base commanders where security needed improvement.)

Red Cell did an exercise back in mid 90's when i was in Japan. They showed alot of vulnerabilities in the base defense posture.

A small group of them also managed to "blow themselves up" with a "flash bang" grenade, while simulating an attack.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yep pretty much what the above posters said. They simulate attacks on US bases to test their readiness if terrorist were to attack them. Or along those lines.

A small group managing to blow themselves up with a flashbang? lol what did they do throw it at a wall and it bounced back? haha

[edit on 6/1/2007 by Snake64_009]

[edit on 6/1/2007 by Snake64_009]

new topics

top topics

join