It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has become of our youth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
IMHO....and will obviously get flammed for it, but if parents would do like they did in the "good ole' days" and beat the living crap out of there kids each and every time they screwed up, smart-mouthed, called the social workers, etc.....
The problem would not exist today.
Think not.....ask the older, wiser, folks in your community and see what they think and say on this.......

regards
seekerof

Im not going to flame you for this one, because Im 100% behind it.

All of the older generations would never even THINK about backtalking there parents, out of fear they would have their backsides skinned by a nice leather belt.

The new generations are being molded into pussies.

Whiney little, back-talking pussies.

Call Social Services on me? *SMACK*

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I agree, to a point. Spankings are definitely warranted, IMO. Beatings, however, are a different story. And as far as "older, wiser, folks", they may be older, but that doesn't mean they're wiser in many cases.

[Edited on 12-29-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yeah, parents again slacking off on the parenting. Spanking is yes. beating, no. You want to apply punishment when negative reinforvement isn't enough, but not cause the child harm. Pain, yes. I've seen abused children, ones who were beaten. They either turned into brutes themselves or cowards. Beating helps no one. Spanking is the proper application of force. But, the so called older and wiser want to ban it- shows how much they know.

DE

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Unfortunatelly, these days, if someone sees you spank your kid, you get slapped with a child abuse suit. And the kids are being taught this in school, so they tend to take advantage of it in public...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Children and youner adults are being increasingly subjected to the occult as an introduction to the dark side.

I do not see where they can handle this darkness and some of them succomb to it.

It was better when we were positive and clean and hopefull.

Now it is the trap of escaping the darkness and dissolution.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join