It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has become of our youth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Has anyone else read this story? It's sick! Why do you suspect that children are taking life into their own hands so commonly these days, and at younger and younger ages? I find it sick, sad, and disturbing...

www.foxnews.com...

Figure I'll add a quote, to give y'all an idea about it:

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. � An 11-year-old boy has pleaded guilty to kidnapping and murdering a 3-year-old, admitting he beat the toddler with a baseball bat and dumped him face down in a drainage ditch.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by junglejake]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I read that, was very disturbed by it. Makes me want to isolate my son completely. Parents are lazy and kids are crazy.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I read that, was very disturbed by it. Makes me want to isolate my son completely. Parents are lazy and kids are crazy.

Cute son

Obviously the parenting was an issue in this. I think they need to take a more active (but not abusive active) role in their childrens lives, teach them right from wrong, so they can go into the world, and still make the right decisions. Too often people use the great cubic babysitter, and has anyone noticed what's on it these days? Imagine any of the sitcoms on today airing in the 60s, and the outcry that would ensue.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Could this thread have a possible explanation for this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps the gov't is trying to make the people cry out for more state control over most everything, and is doing this secretly to our children today...Ok, I know that's a bit far fetched, but it is a remote possibility

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Dang, Fox News is just posting all the happy stories. Here's another of the aftermath of 3 of our teenagers doing what they seem to be doing these days...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Has anyone else read this story? It's sick! Why do you suspect that children are taking life into their own hands so commonly these days, and at younger and younger ages? I find it sick, sad, and disturbing...

www.foxnews.com...

Figure I'll add a quote, to give y'all an idea about it:

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. � An 11-year-old boy has pleaded guilty to kidnapping and murdering a 3-year-old, admitting he beat the toddler with a baseball bat and dumped him face down in a drainage ditch.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by junglejake]

no point in arguing....it's all >>our

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure why some kids are different today. I was a perfect candidate for a psychopathic rampage when I was in school. I was pushed beyond my limits constantly, and had many thoughts of killing some of the perpetrators. But, I never did. What's different now? Why do kids in the same situations just snap? I actually wish I would've snapped a few times. It may have made the rest of my school days easier. (assuming I didn't kill anyone)

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am of the opinon that the frequency of killing, proportional the to the growing population, has not incrased. I believe that Faux news and the like are merely highlighting such stories more than they used to.

Additionally, if there was an actual increase, remember that the US has cut back on a lot of social services. This couple with a population increase leads me to believe that things are actually pretty good.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Furthermore, while many decry the beatings and killings in horror they propose no alternatives. See, what's happening is that a kid goes out and kills someone else. Then they lock the kid up. Now how does that help the child deal with his issues? It doesn't, quite simplely. America needs to start paying a lot more money to solve social problems or we'll be paying in blood sometime, somewhere.

And, to think of it from the NWO perspective, it doesn't work to have a population of psycho children because that just makes the masses a little more dangerous.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I'm not exactly sure why some kids are different today. I was a perfect candidate for a psychopathic rampage when I was in school. I was pushed beyond my limits constantly, and had many thoughts of killing some of the perpetrators. But, I never did. What's different now? Why do kids in the same situations just snap? I actually wish I would've snapped a few times. It may have made the rest of my school days easier. (assuming I didn't kill anyone)

Agreed on personal experience. Mike Moore would say it's access to hand guns. I would add prevalent images of violence, vengence and machismo.

Elvis and Sid Vicious would be seen as p*ssies now.

Plus let's face it...you don't bring Crack to the "love in".

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I am of the opinon that the frequency of killing, proportional the to the growing population, has not incrased. I believe that Faux news and the like are merely highlighting such stories more than they used to.

Columbine. When did something like that ever happen in the past, or did it and the media and "faux" news just decided that a couple of kids shooting up a school wasn't news worthy. I really don't buy that rational. Kids shooting kids in school is news, and has always been news. A kid killing another kid for pestering him about borrowing his scooter needs to be brought to light, so we can try to correct the problem. If we can't learn about the problem, how can we fix it.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd say given such a massive population increase between the Good Old days and now, a columbine or two is warranted. Remember, our social infrastructure is decaying too. I believe that the rate of teen violence isn't increasing as much as the media would have you believe, because they don't compensate for increases in population. (and fail to take into account that we've slashed social programs).

So, shortly, teen violence is increasing, but nearly as much as commonly thought. Given the destruction of society and common decency, I would say the USA is doing quite well.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's the destruction of society and common decency that disturbs me. Why is it acceptable to cut social spending? Why is it ok to just think about yourself, and that which will serve you? People are begining to respect and emulate that, and I'm wondering where we went wrong.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
JJake- Don't worry about where we went wrong or why these things are acceptable. Comtempletion doesn't help people. I would go out there and volunteer to help others; even a soup kitchen helps.

edit - eng ability failed yet again

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think I have a better question.

Why is it that every generation sees the world going down the tubes?

The fact is is that it is not. Generally there about the same amount of violence and evil in the world since the dawn of man.

Like I always say, the inherent nature of man is uncontrolable in the extreme, in that on a grand scale will remain a constant.

The only thing that changes, is technology.

Do violent video games and gun access make kids do bad things, no. I had both, as do many kids now, and nothing happens. There is some broken piece to some people that is small and can elude detection until some event cause people to re-evaluate the situation.

Don't believe me? Violence has always been around.

Gladiators, Nazis, Crusades, the Genocide of 8.1 million Native Americans by the U.S. Government, Slavery worldwide (way before the U.S. did it as well, etc, etc, etc.

It's like saying there are more gay people now than ever. Not true, but it's just more attractive and socially acceptable.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
But if you don't know the causes, history will repeat it's self, and the problem can't be corrected. I can't just stop thinking about the causes, because I've been raised my whole life to believe my first statement (in this post, not thread.) And yes, helping helps one's concious(SP?), and I do so when I can, although there are no soup kitchens around me that I could go to. That only helps me and those I help, it doesn't serve the whole, which is what I would ultimately like to do.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The problem can NOT be corrected, just like we can't stop people from being gay.

It is a silly waste of energy.

You don't overhaul a car cause it's headlights out. You have to affect the core. Unfortunately there are billions of cores to this problem. It comes down to family. The lineage is this :
Family - Community - City - State - Country.

Will we ever get there? NO, but the reason to keep going to try to make it a little better for those after you (your kids if you have then...I have 2 boys).

Good things can spread like the bad. What would happen if an epidemic of courtesy hit the country and grew like the child obesity problem. This place would be better in 10 years. It all starts with parents and local leaders.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
not asmuch is being done nowadays to keep the world from people
the childhood dream is quickyl smashed in an evil world

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
The problem can NOT be corrected, just like we can't stop people from being gay.

Although I agree it starts with parents and local leaders, that's an extreamly cynical thing to say. Being gay is a little different then being rude. You can be born gay. You have to be taught to be rude...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Does that mean i don't get to babysit anymore?

Oh this is just a generalisation, we're not all bad you know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join