It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Mexican Force overwhelms US Soldiers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Doesn't a misdemeanor type penalty make a little more sense than reducing a living person to a rotting corpse for stepping over an invisible line in the dirt!?

The door to your home is just a swinging piece of wood. I guess that means it's no big deal if I just stroll on in, sit down at your dinner table, and demand to be fed while I spit on your floor.

And that URL a few posts back is totally blowing out the page.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
These were probably people traffickers or drug runners. Simple criminals people, not "insurgents" or "terrorists"...

Bush did say that we are surging the troop levels.

in·sur·gent
Rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government.

[Latin īnsurgēns, īnsurgent-, present participle of īnsurgere, to rise up : in-, intensive pref.; see in-2 + surgere, to rise; see surge.]

dictionary.reference.com...

It was Al-Queda, for sure.

Get out your key chains.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
From first hand experience, the guard is holding their own along side the regular army in Iraq. They likely had either no or a token amount of ammo, and probably had standing orders to bug out if faced with a heavily armed threat.

Let them roll out with the equipment they are trained on and I bet the Mexicans would think twice.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
The real story is the writer sitting in his safe little home, behind his safe little keyboard, calling those with the 'Brass' enough to serve cowards....

Whether they retreat or not, they probably wont retreat to his house, so he is safe..

Semper

While I would normally ignore a personal attack such as yours Semper, I think it's time you read up on the T&C regarding conduct toward others.

Although I may hear from the Mods on this one: < rant on>

To address your 'allegations', while you may consider me "safe behind my keyboard in my little home" I would have you understand that I am in the middle of Mexifornia in the San Fernando Valley. Every night, and I mean every night the police helicopters are over the neighborhood, the police are running code-3 and fire/rescue is storming down the street. There are no less than three Mexican Gangs in my area. I am sure that BASSPLYR can confirm this information about the Valley.

As to my calling those "with the 'brass' to serve" cowards, that is exactly how it appeared in the first reports - or did you not view them? Do not, I say again, DO NOT EVER question my, or anyone's service to their respective countries unless you have first-hand knowledge of their service to begin with, it is highly disrespectful and not a fitting action for an honorable person to perform. < rant off>

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
ahahahha 2stepsfromtop you are so scared, just as many americans, talking loud but doing nothing.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeratul
ahahahha 2stepsfromtop you are so scared, just as many americans, talking loud but doing nothing.

Exactly...

And he can keep sitting in "there" "listening" to those choppers, sure in the knowledge that "some" are out there, like those in the choppers he listens to, doing something to fight for what is right..

If one does not want backlash, one should be more careful what language one uses in addressing the real heros that serve our country. Like the National Guardsmen.

The real Honor is in defending them when they are attacked on here.

Semper

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
The door to your home is just a swinging piece of wood. I guess that means it's no big deal if I just stroll on in, sit down at your dinner table, and demand to be fed while I spit on your floor.

It's certainly not a big enough deal to shoot you over. If you did that, the proper authorities would take you into their custody with no more force than the situation required, eject you, and possibly charge you with a crime.

In that analogy, as in the border situation, blowing somebody's head off seems a little extreme.

It occurs to me that among the many reasons not to blow your head off would be that I don't want people to know me as that guy who over reacted and killed somebody (not to mention the incredible mess on my carpet).

The same motives could apply to the United States. It would be extremely bad for our credibility in the world to have that much blood on our hands.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I really don't understand half this thread. They were given orders to stand down, so they did.

What did you expect the guard and border patrol to do... Rambo with an M60 killing literally everyone? Risk an international incident?

This is real-life, not Hollywood...

And second of all, to the above two people, if someone comes into your house you do not know- aim a weapon and tell them to leave. If they do not comply, shoot their legs off. If they try to harm you, neutralize the intruder (if they are unarmed and there is visible light and you can see their hands of course). Hopefully you use a PC weapon, and remember to tell the cops you "feared for your life"- pretty simple rationale lol.

And about the border- we don't have enough data to critique any conduct on either side. Calling them cowards is pathetic. Labeling them "insurgents" is borderline retarded, and labeling them "terrorists" is very far-off with no evidence to support that claim.

It boils down to three issues IMO:

1) Mexicans do jobs Americans won't do.
2) Mexicans bring crime.
3) Bush and Fox want a North American Union.

And you wonder why there are so many issues/problems?

[edit on 7-1-2007 by jaguarmike]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
Risk an international incident?

... labeling them "terrorists" is very far-off with no evidence to support that claim.

An international incident? WTF?

We're being invaded.

The proper course of action, when defending the homeland, would have been to challenge the insurgents.

If a fire fight had broken out and thier position was over run, they should have called in air support.

This armed band of camoflaged invaders could have been an elite covert cell of terrorists, for all we know.

Mexicans do jobs Americans won't do.

Well since the pentagon is having a difficult time meeting it's recruiting goals, maybe they should just enlist all the mexican nationals in this country and send them to Iraq.

We're already outsourcing everything else and hiring mercenaries, so what the hell.

What this war is really about is weather or not America will retain it's soviernty or if it will surrender it's soviernty to an international band of foriegn bankers and a group of domestic elitist traitors who want to dissolve the nation and move us closer to a one world government.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Maybe because you have no compasion for life?

Oh, I do have compassion. I just don't like it when people willingly allow someone else to just bulldoze over their rights. How much compassion do you think that those armed illegals had as they banded together? We, as Americans, have a right and obligation to protect that which is our's. One of our most prized possessions should be our country's land, as without it, we wouldn't be a nation.

I find it startling that no one understands the concept of guarding something. Why bother guard the border if you're just going to allow anyone that wants to come across to do so? To me anyway, that seems like a waste of time, and all US taxpayer's hard-earned money. Another reason for drastic action.

No, I don't consider myself uncompassionate. I consider myself a realist. And the reality of the situation is that we have people breaking the law, and we're willingly allowing it. Since we've become so docile as a nation though, we've become complicit in it, and therefore, we're almost as guilty as those crossing. I say almost because there are still some Americans that see the inherant dangers of such actions, and wish to prevent anything bad from happening to our great nation. Maybe, if this gets more airtime, people will wake up. One can only hope.

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity, spelling.]

[edit on 7-1-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Risk an international incident?

... labeling them "terrorists" is very far-off with no evidence to support that claim.

An international incident? WTF?

We're being invaded.

The proper course of action, when defending the homeland, would have been to challenge the insurgents.

If a fire fight had broken out and thier position was over run, they should have called in air support.

This armed band of camoflaged invaders could have been an elite covert cell of terrorists, for all we know.

Mexicans do jobs Americans won't do.

Well since the pentagon is having a difficult time meeting it's recruiting goals, maybe they should just enlist all the mexican nationals in this country and send them to Iraq.

We're already outsourcing everything else and hiring mercenaries, so what the hell.

What this war is really about is weather or not America will retain it's soviernty or if it will surrender it's soviernty to an international band of foriegn bankers and a group of domestic elitist traitors who want to dissolve the nation and move us closer to a one world government.

You seem really conflicted. On one end, you know about the elitists and their NWO plot and why all of this really revolves around that. Then on the other hand, you've got the fascist military side of your argument saying they could be an elite terrorist squad oh no be afraid... rofl... and AIR STRIKES!?!?! Are you kidding me? Did you know peanuts kill more people than terrorists? I'm sure vacuum cleaners kill more people than your "elite covert cell". With that sort of thinking I guess give it a few more years of nasty peanut stats and you'll be suggesting checkers and restockers become issued with M4's... because... you never know when those nasty peanut insurgents are going to just pop out of their bags and jump down your throat and kill you.

Air strikes for less than a few men with guns? Do you have any idea how much bombs are, much less fuel? Talk about an international incident... calling in an... airstrike... on a few men with guns... would be JUST what America needs right now. Forget how much bad press just shooting an unknown hostile would be... do you know how bad it would be if those men were military or police for Mexico? Bad bad bad. Mexico is giving illegals GPS right now, if we hurt their government, they'd probably be giving them handguns as well. You need to read up on Diplomacy BIG TIME.

Even further, do you realize how long the strike would take versus just take out your M16/M4 and tear it up?

And yes, Mexicans do jobs Americans won't. Last time I heard you didn't need a security clearance and US citizenship to mow lawns and do construction- your Pentagon analogy is terrible.

Instead of being conflicted with wether you want to be a Nazi or Patriot, concider spending your energy on making sure the next elected official is the right one and the people judge the next officials based on their own ethics rather than their allegiances to secret societies bent on worldwide conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Last time I heard you didn't need a security clearance and US citizenship to mow lawns and do construction

I can't believe that I'm reading this.

What do landscapers and construction workers need guns for?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Last time I heard you didn't need a security clearance and US citizenship to mow lawns and do construction

Look guys. I don't think the bickering is necessary, now do you? It's only destroying an otherwise healthy debate. Can we please just get along? I mean no one has to agree on anything other than we each have our opinions on the issues that are setting on our shoulders right now.

Just because some people think that Mexico has a right to come up here and squat on our land doesn't make them the pawns of some hidden agenda anymore than someone like me, who prefers the more proactive approach of shooting anyone tresspassing. I know my thoughts are drastic, but they'd yield an immediate response, and would force those people unwilling to be patient to follow the laws that WE set forth so long ago. If people cannot wait to get into our country, then well, they're just SOL.

Laws were made for a reason. Some people choose to disobey them. Under normal circumstances, those that break those laws would be subject to harsh punishment, based on the crime committed. In this case, it would be immediate deportation, and revocation of any current citizenship requests pending. I do believe the waiting period after that is something like 7 years, if I'm not mistaken. That should be long enough for those that decide to break the law to mull it over before trying again.

The main problem with the above concept is that when we deport them, they just make another run at the border, knowing that we'll just ship them back to try again if we catch them. If not, then they made it. I say we shoot a couple of them as an example to show them that we have laws, and when you blatantly disregard them, we'll blatantly respond in kind. That's the way you get things done; not the way we're currently doing things.

Just my take. Think of it what you will.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Don't even start with your bs. You tried to say sarcastically that because the Pentagon is failing its job quota, we should allow illegals to work for them because they are here doing jobs Americans won't do. My retort is saying they aren't applying for those jobs that require security clearances and US citizenship. Where in there did I say they need guns? Nowhere.

You are trying so hard to flip this around in a last ditch effort or you are incredibly stupid; either way, you're exposed. Do not put words in my mouth.

PS thanks for the advice Borg.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

... they aren't applying for those jobs that require security clearances and US citizenship. Where in there did I say they need guns? Nowhere.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you mike.

But you sound like you are one of the many americans who are willing to look the other way on the immigration issue as long as you have someone who will mow your lawn and pick your vegatables.

And as long as you feel like your government job is secure, because non-americans can't take it yet, then you think it's all just a big joke. See part of the problem as I see it is that government workers are really the only ones left, in this country, who have anykind of job security. Government and military jobs need to be downsized and outsourced to foriegn workers. Maybe then something proactive will happen.

We could pay the Mexican government to police it's side of the border for less than we could hire Americans on this side of the border to not enforce the border.

We could downsize the entire department of customs and border security and pay a mexican on thier side of the border for less money. After all these are the jobs that americans are un-willing to do. And believe me, the mexicans would be willing to shoot first and never ask questions later.

To me it sounds like you're saying, it's perfectly ok that we let a group of armed illegal alien (landscapers and construction workers) run through our border. At the very least, we should have somekind of check in booth at the border where visitors can register, don't you think?

THere is a border with North Korea and there used to be one in Berlin. That's what we need here.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Just because some people think that Mexico has a right to come up here and squat on our land doesn't make them the pawns of some hidden agenda anymore than someone like me, who prefers the more proactive approach of shooting anyone tresspassing.

Actually I believe that there is actually a group of people in this country, and outside as well, who are activly attempting to destroy America. By passing offical policies to NOT enforce border security or employment practices they are in essence knowingly allowing it to happen. THere goal is to destroy American soviernty and create a north american union.

They never asked the American people if they were ready to forget about america, they just went ahead with thier plans.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In Nothing We Trust:

Good. I want the border to be closed. I wish, for instance, if you owned a construtction company, if you could call up a company and order workers, instead of driving behind a McDonalds or road sign as they do in Cali. It should be regulated but much looser than work visas.

I do believe the border should be a a "you cross, you die" deal.

The problem we all need to figure out is that this is all being allowed to happen because the leaders want the North American Union. "Can't beat them, let them join"- funny?

So let's think of ways.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The following link will take you to a place where you can read a report entitled "A Line In The Sand", Confronting the threat at the Southwest border. That report, issued by the Dept. Of Homeland Security, show just how frequent and serious border incidents have become. Since that report was issued the problem has become worse.

A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border

(Sorry, I could not get the link to work. But if you simply put the above line into Google it will take you to the report mentioned.)

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Astronomer70]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
222,714kg of Cocaine and it's only 10% of what is estimated to be seized? Holy cow...

And the men had scoped weapons!

Diplomatic relations must be absolutely terrible already if the NG wasn't allowed to shoot back- pistols and smgs from a distance are one thing, scoped weapons is much more dangerous.

You'd think with all the millions being delivered to these programs you could spend 3 million on buying the new agents nice rifles.

Shows you the elites want a North American Union.

Great link!

[edit on 8-1-2007 by jaguarmike]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I don't see the advantage of reaching an agreement over whether the lack of border enforcement is an NWO plot or not at this point. The immediate problem is to stop the influx of illegals.

Two border patrol officers are scheduled to begin serving a combined total of 23 years in prison over an incident where they shot a drug smuggler in the butt. The sad part is, the smuggler was offerd total immunity by a US Atty for the Western District of Texas to testify against the agents! Plus, the smuggler got free medical care, courtesy of you and me.

This is outrageous, and the fact that Bush has not stepped in to stop this travesty of justice is sickening.

Want to stop this insanity? Start by not supporting those officials and politicians that turn a blind eye to the problem. Boycott firms that use illegals. Support the Minutemen. FAX Bush to tell him to step in and support these agents. But don't just sit there. And please don't propagate the bs that this is racist, or that Americans don't want these jobs. Just look at how many applied for the meat-packing jobs after those firms were raided.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join