It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House uses secret memo to fight court order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The White House and the Secret Service quietly signed an agreement last spring in the midst of the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal declaring records identifying visitors to the White House are not open to the public.

Source

[edit on 5-1-2007 by haringr]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Last I checked, the government works for us.

If the government works for us, shouldn't we be entitled to any information about the business it conducts?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Why does anything W does anymore surprise anyone.

He will do what he wants, when he wants, and he will not be held accountable by anyone.

When in his term has he cooperated with any investigation?

He would not even speak on record about 9/11 to the 9/11 commission.

He and his believe they are above the law.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Try him for war crimes, crimes against humanity, and then, swing him from a rope and broadcast the tape world wide.

The man and his minions are causing world wide havoc and carnage, killing who ever they want, and its about time the international courts strung him up.

Oh and whilst were on the subject of above the law, lets do Tony Blair at the same time, as they seem to be caste from the same mould.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shooterbrody
Why does anything W does anymore surprise anyone.

It surprises "us" because there's still some today that can't believe he continues to take away our freedoms. It surprises "me" because he continues to get away with it. There's not enough people that are "awake" to his raping and pillaging of our freedoms.

He will do what he wants, when he wants, and he will not be held accountable by anyone.

That's true... until there is enough people that are sick of his crap.

When in his term has he cooperated with any investigation?

He would not even speak on record about 9/11 to the 9/11 commission.

That's too bad. I wish he would be held accountable. After all, he is "our" employee.

He and his believe they are above the law.

The Constitution of the United States is in fact a "supreme law".

The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the United States of America. It was adopted in its original form on September 17, 1787 by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and later ratified by state-selected delegates representing the people of the several states. When delegates in nine of the then thirteen states ratified the document, it marked the creation of a union of sovereign states, and a federal government to administer that union. It took effect on March 4, 1789, replacing the weaker, non-centralized union that existed under the Articles of Confederation.

With that being the basis for the beginning of our research, it needs to be understood what the meaning of "supreme law" is. Let's break that down.

Supreme: adjective 1 : highest in rank or authority [the supreme commander] 2 : highest in degree or quality [supreme endurance in war and in labour -- R. W. Emerson] 3 : ULTIMATE, FINAL [the supreme sacrifice]

Law: noun 1 a (1) : a binding custom or practice of a community : a rule of conduct or action prescribed or formally recognized as binding or enforced by a controlling authority (2) : the whole body of such customs, practices, or rules (3) : COMMON LAW b (1) : the control brought about by the existence or enforcement of such law (2) : the action of laws considered as a means of redressing wrongs; also : LITIGATION (3) : the agency of or an agent of established law c : a rule or order that it is advisable or obligatory to observe d : something compatible with or enforceable by established law e : CONTROL, AUTHORITY"
source

I've heard Bush talk about his "inherent" powers... which is BS. The only thin in America with inherent powers is the United States Constitution and "We the People" of the United States of America.

I just wonder how long it would be before the people of America wake up and realize that.

[edit on 1/6/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
what do you want me to do?start a website or something?

new topics

top topics

join