It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists vs Believers DEBATE *** ROLE REVERSAL ***

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Ok. I'll tell you of a specific proof (that really happened) of mine.

That may explain why you get the hit that I'm an undercover Christian.

(Atheist mode switched to off)
Your bracketed words i have taken as the truth BH is why i have responded to them and fully mean what i wrote(just so`s i`m clear).

There are others on ATS who have had a Christian upbringing but now would swear they are Atheist,however i see Gods hand that has once touched their lives and the benefits that come with that,yet its sad they may not or do not realize this and dont know who to thank,other than themselves.

The times you believe you were with God or God answered your prayers should be a comfort in knowing He`s still there for you,its that heart of a child thing and belief that gets in the way.

If it was incorrect the bracketed words were part of your role play,then i was mistaken,and oops my bad.

(Christian mode off) Sounds like I won the debate!

Matthew 19:30
But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

So i`m cool with that.

I would have pressed for more than the answers you gave,because many were only answered in part or not at all.(keeping in mind that i didn`t expect all the answers,it would be hard for any Christian to have all the answers.Many are better Christians than myself here on ATS and else where who could do a better job.

Though i have doubts whether they would even play an Atheist at all.

So anyway well played BH

If anything i think i know you a little better now BH thanks for allowing that and for the exercises,and to ET for starting it.

For the sake of the exercise i hope other Athiests step up to bat and are not scared off from you setting what they may see as too higher standard or something to mimic.

Batter up!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Your bracketed words i have taken as the truth

That is correct. When I said "(this really happened)" it did. The death of my mother and my connection with her since then has been a wonderful experience for me spiritually.

i see Gods hand that has once touched their lives and the benefits that come with that

As I have said, we see what we're looking for.

I'm the first to say that I'm glad I had such a wonderful Christian mother. She taught me how to love. And that is her greatest gift to me. Her Christian way of being (and I mean Christ-like Christian, not holier-than-thou, telling everyone what to do, judgmental Christian) instilled in me many lessons that I carry with me to this day.

I would have pressed for more than the answers you gave,because many were only answered in part or not at all.

If you want to continue, I'll be glad to do my best to answer questions that I didn't answer (sorry) or that you may still have. I'm kind of busy so it may not be right away, but I'll continue with you if you wish.

Thanks to ET, too!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join