It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush gears up for a widened regional terror war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Bush cabinet is gearing up for a broader war on terror in the middle east as a part of his new 'strategy for success' in Iraq that he is still 'receiving consultations on' according to media reports ala CNN. It seems that the shuffle going on at the Pentagon, within the Presidential Cabinet, and now with the Head Commanders of the war effort, all arrows are pointing to a broadening conflict involving more sea and air assets, and countries such as Iran and Syria. The article I've quoted that you should go read in its' entirety lends itself to the camp of people who believe a strike on Iran will take place this year. How that could be managed along with the 'Iraq situation' personally I do not know, and perhaps such attacks would not take place until late in the year after a possible draw down in U.S. troops, headed by the new Democratic 110th Congress (Senate & House). Read more below.

From a DEBkafile Report located @ www.debka.com... , posted today, 1/5/2007..

Bush’s military shakeup ahead of Iraqi policy shift places US command in fighting stance for possible confrontation with Iran and Syria.

January 5, 2007, 10:45 PM (GMT+02:00)

DEBKAfile’s military sources: Adm. William Fallon, who takes over the Central Command from Gen. John Abizaid, is qualified for offensive operations, especially in naval and aerial combat. The new Iraq strategy which the US president is due to unveil next week - and is geared to victory rather than exit - could bring US troops into clashes with Iran and/or Syria in the Persian Gulf, the Arabian Sea or the eastern Mediterranean.

On the military side, Gen. David Petraeus, who compiled a new U.S. military manual on fighting insurgencies, with stress on understanding local norms, succeeds Gen. George Casey in command of American forces in Iraq.

Do you think President Bush is darned and determined to carry out his 'plans for the mid east' before the end of his term? Or do you think he is susceptable to outside pressure, in this case the entire world and even the majority parties in his government, blaring trumpets into his ears stressing the need to make drastic changes that will inevitbly lead to U.S. troops returning home? I think that if he tried to do anything 'crazy' , such as start a new conflict with Syria and/or Iran while all of our troops are still inside Iraq, susceptable to attack from both of those nations.. terribly susceptable, the 110th Congress being Democratic majority would halt any serious war plans such as those with votes against them, since they finally have the numbers to do it. What do you think about this? What does it mean for the future?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I got the feeling that Bush war path is going to end very soon.

If he doesn't get the approval for more troops in Iraq his Iraqi war is going to end.

He will have to start pulling troops.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I feel the same way.

What I fear is, that at that critical moment, he may try to override current checks and balances in placce to stop a Presdident from just doing exactly what he wants like an Emperor of Rome would for example despite what the Senate had to say in the contrary.

If he does attempt to, the democrats would throw a royal hissy fit, and the people would be so against it, I think at that point, if it came to that, we'd start seeing larger more frequent street demonstrations like there were in the late 60's early 70's towards the Vietnam war.

But the scary thing is .. if he did to that, the 'gloves would be off' soto speak, and he could at that point decide to do whatever he wished.

Lets hope he is not foolish or crazy enough to try to do something like that.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'd go as far as you all let me too... might as well... must be doing something right if no one is really doing a damn thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This snip from an article also on that website gives more weight to the theory , idea, and fear that this may actually happen. People have been talking about the naval build up in the Gulf for some time right? Well this was posted yesterday, and check out this part I snipped, I provided a link to the full article below it.

From DEBKAfile Reports, www.debkafile.com...:

DEBKAfile: Two new steps taken by President Bush support the revised Iraq strategy under development in the White House

January 4, 2007, 9:28 PM (GMT+02:00)

"The US president has decided to shift John Negroponte out of the job of National Intelligence Director after 20 months and appoint him deputy secretary of state, as weighty backup for Condoleezza Rice. The USS John C. Stennis strike group will this month join the USS Dwight Eisenhower aircraft carrier group and USS Boxer strike force in the Persian Gulf “as a warning to Syria and Iran.”

DEBKAfile’s military experts see in the new deployment evidence that President George W. Bush has rejected the key Baker-Hamilton Iraq Study Group’s recommendation to engage Iran and Syria for an exit strategy on Iraq."

(read the entire article here: www.debka.com... )

looks like its bombs away.

[edit on 1/5/2007 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well he is changing his Generals and he is appointing new people to positions on intelligence.

He also had a meeting with his cabinet when he was suppose to announce his new strategy in Iraq after having so much negative comments from fellow republicans about adding more troops.

So we know that if the war in Iraq comes to an end the oil of Iraq may go into Wrong hands and that many of the corporations involve in the war and has handsomely profited from it will be loosing.

I feel that somebody will be asking questions if the agenda is not meet and it could be repercussions.

I worry that Bush and his people will get into a desperate attempt to salvage what they may lose and get into a conflict with Iran.

Or we may be facing another major attack in the US to keep the war on terror going.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I worry that Bush and his people will get into a desperate attempt to salvage what they may lose and get into a conflict with Iran.

Or we may be facing another major attack in the US to keep the war on terror going.

You hit the nail on the head right there. Not to change the subject or go off-topic, or talk about quacks.. but apparently pat robertson most recently said he had been told by God that the USA is going to receive an attack on the eastern part of the country involving more than 1 city, at the end quarter of 2007.

Not that I listen to a word the man says with any sort of actual belief in what he is saying but nonetheless that is pretty wild.

[edit on 1/5/2007 by runetang]

new topics

top topics

join