It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Alleged) pictures of Steve Irwin's final moments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ben91069 should get all the credit for finding these. I still would like to see the video though.

Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would say they look legit. Be interesting to see the video to confirm if these are in actuality the snaps of Mr Irwin's last moments.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Any fans know if he had filmed encounters with stingrays in the past?

I'll look around.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My first stop is to Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Shortly after 01:00 UTC (11:00 AEST) on September 4, 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the chest by a stingray spine whilst snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef, at Batt Reef, which is located off the coast of Port Douglas in Queensland. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, to be called The Ocean's Deadliest, but weather had stalled filming. Irwin decided to take the opportunity to film some shallow water shots for a segment in the television program his daughter Bindi was hosting,[45] when, according to his friend and colleague, John Stainton, he swam too close to one of the stingrays. "He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat the Croc One.

The photos are of Steve snorkelling in shallow water, that matches the story. We don't see any other rays or coral, but that doesn't disprove that these pictures are legit.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well I have seen the video of his death, its really not that clear, and I wont post it because of he website it is on, but if its the real video then these pictures are false, I also remember seeing these awhile back and them saying it was an artists rendition (sp?) of what happened because they werent planning on releasing the tape.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy
Well I have seen the video of his death, its really not that clear, and I wont post it because of he website it is on

I highly doubt that you have seen the actual video.

Queensland State Coroner Michael Barnes said police gave the original film of Irwin's death to his wife, Terri, in late December and that all copies of the tape, which was shot during the filming of a documentary on the Great Barrier Reef, had been destroyed.

"The footage has been the subject of widespread media interest and it was wholly appropriate that we took all possible steps to ensure something of such a personal and tragic nature did not fall into the wrong hands," Barnes said in a statement. "This is in line with the wishes of the Irwin family."

Police made a small number of copies of the video to assist their inquiry into the cause of Irwin's death, but they were kept under tight security throughout the investigation, according to an e-mailed statement from the coroner's office.

www.cnn.com...

I've personally added the bold on two points, for the sake of discussion.

It is evident that copies have existed, but I believe they were kept under very tight security. If there was a leak of the video, a lot of people would know about it.

As always I withhold the right to be wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
To Chissler.

There is a great chance that it wasnt the actual video, when I weant looking for it, I came across many a video claming to be the tape but it was clearly not, this one is the only one that could possibly be it, because it deffinatly shows part of the real tape, if not all, I dont want to post the video publicaly on here, but if for any reason you want to see it, u2u me.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by pshkwamy]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I appreciate the offer, but I'll respectfully decline at this time. The family wishes to keep this video private, and until they release it themselves, I have no urge to view it.

I highly doubt it will ever be released to the public, but if that time ever comes, I'll be the first to go looking.

Well, maybe second behind the Doctor of Love.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I don't think any video or these images are real. All the video was closely held by the authorities and family and have been reportedly destroyed. I think any surviving images or especially video footage would get a lot more attention than these supposed ones have.

[edit on 1/5/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Ben91069 should get all the credit for finding these. I still would like to see the video though.

Peace

Thanks for pulling these off that site. It wasnt until after I left for work that I realized that site has a lot of rated X material and it wasnt my intention to provide a link to somewhere where sensitive eyes might wander.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Can any of you Photoshop experts detect any photochopping?

Peace

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i dont think his family will ever post the video. irwin was indeed a good guy and i enjoyed watching him on tv with my dad but all things happen for a reason right? well just felt the need to say tht but if the video is ever released please post another comment nd give me the link> PEACE :shk:

new topics

top topics

join