It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titan Moon similar to Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Scientists have found the Titan Moon of Saturn is the most similar planet yet to earth. In fact it does nothing but reinforce what we already know. That there are other planets similar to earth.

news.yahoo.com
But French astrophysicist Christophe Sotin says both our planet and Titan have been sculpted by processes that, fundamentally, are quite similar.

The findings "add to the weight of evidence that Titan is a complex world in which the interaction between the inner and outer layers is controlled by processes similar to those that must have dominated the evolution of any Earth-like planet," Sotin said in a commentary.

"Indeed, as far as we know," Sotin added, "there is only one planetary body that displays more dynamism than Titan. Its name is Earth."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Titan shows us that planets can be very similar much closer to home than many had thought. This strengthens my belief that there are a multitude of planets that can sustain life across the many universes. Obvious as this may sound to many of us, skeptics persist.

Related News Links:
www.bvalphaserver.com
www.sciencedaily.com
air-space.us
www.exn.ca

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Titan and Earth are of course very different, especially in their potential for nurturing life. Titan is frigid, dark and, as far as is known, waterless, where as Earth is warm, light and has lots of liquid water.

Doesn't sound much like Earth to me..

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
when i read that news article about Lakes of methane on that moon(not planet)...

i began thinking that the fluids seen on Mars
might be liquid methane as opposed to 'water'...since there's been traces of methane in the Mars' atmosphere already established by spectography & soil analysis.....why not assume its liquid methane and not water that the scientists are all hyped up over in the newer high resolution pics???

perhaps we should use the term 'worlds' instead of Planets, when in actuality the whole, 'early earth atmosphere' theory is present on
only one of planet Saturns' moons (Titan)

this discovery, does open the door to all those purist scientists, who follow the dogma of current scientific knowledge, and dismiss 'life' in foreign or alien environments ....(ya'll recall the thermal vent lifeforms that were ignorantly denied by [know-it-all] science? as an example?)

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ya know I was reading up on this and what caught my eye was that scientists don't know where the methane and the hydrocarbons that make it up are coming from because methane moloules have a relatively short shelf of about million years before breaking down and Titan is billions of years old. So the methane should have all broken down by now. Well now, what if the methane is a new phenomena, say even just a few thousand years old. How would we know? We wouldn't, And what would be causing it?

top topics

join