It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More 'space' related news stories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not sure about anyone else, but since the drop of the ball in Times Square, I have seen a news story about (to lump everything together) unknown space related phenominon every night. It is occuring both on local and national and international news, and talk shows are also picking it up. I see it on FOX, ABC, CBS, CBC, and BBCworld.

It seems to be all over the place, and I am wondering if this is representitive of an increase in sightings, or if it is a ratings thing because the O'Hare sighting is getting buzz. These types of these seem to go in cycles, national news picks up themes and reports on things that seem to be hot, like the increase of accidents involving school buses. It was all I heard about this fall, and it seems like it happened every day.

Anyone else noticing the increase in coverage?

Anyone else noticing that during these reports there is always some wild eyed nutter that is interviewed in an attempt to make it all seem silly?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yeah, I've been noticing a couple UFO stories on the news. And I've also seen them interveiw a person to make it all seem false and a joke.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Speaking of more UFO news, I'm trying to find a thread about the South African UFO crash, but I can't find it. I did a search with no results, but when I tried to start a thread it said that the topic had been posted on already.

UFO Crashes in SA

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not sure about anyone else, but since the drop of the ball in Times Square, I have seen a news story about (to lump everything together) unknown space related phenominon every night. It is occuring both on local and national and international news, and talk shows are also picking it up. I see it on FOX, ABC, CBS, CBC, and BBCworld.

I dont watch the main stream news.....do you have any examples other than the o'hare and south african sightings?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

I dont watch the main stream news.....do you have any examples other than the o'hare and south african sightings?

Object falls from sky in NJ

Last night there was a story involving what looked like some kind of satallite breaking up on reentry, but I cannot remembet the details and cant find it on the news services. I want to say this happened out west, Colorado or Nebraska, but I cant be sure.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Anyone else noticing that during these reports there is always some wild eyed nutter that is interviewed in an attempt to make it all seem silly

Same thing with hurricanes and tornadoes. They always find the most WT person they can find, missing several teeth and looking like the product of multi-generational inbreeding and put a camera on them....

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Fire in the sky in Colorado, supposedly a russian sattelite.

UFO reportedly goes down in Iran.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes, Hank, you are correct, of course.

There is definitely a herding mentality among the clueless media. Each outlet has an entire staff that does nothing but monitor the other networks to see who's talking about what - the 'buzz factor'.

IMO the frequency of actual events has been rather consistent, but the reporting in mainstream media occurs in waves, with the crests and troughs chasing oscillations in perceived popularity.

A corollary observation you may have noticed is that the news reporters seem to always start out their story with some cynical or disparaging leading remark, such as, “Well, folks, here’s another ‘little-green-men’ story for you.”, or “...Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for more invaders from beyond?” Accompanied by much nervous giggling and rolling of eyeballs, the subject is initially never given serious consideration. It’s pathetic, really…

Personally, I rarely get my news from TV or radio anymore. They waste so much time appealing to the lowest common denominators and have often diluted the gist of an interesting topic to a few childish sound bites that it’s almost no longer worth it. Better to start with a scan through a few large newspapers, then follow up on the ‘net for details.

In any event – thanks for the interesting post, Hank….

p.s.: let me know if you care to try the ‘mass invitation’ experiment again. Maybe they’ll hear us this time (!?).

…keep looking up!

[edit on 1/11/2007 by Outrageo]

top topics

join