It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marine - Just Look Into His Sunglasses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Aftermath of a car bomb maybe?...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Could also be what the streets are starting to look like after all those bombs and firefights, noone picking up the rubbish and clearing things away either.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Where did this come from? This thread would probably liven up a bit if we could get some context to discuss.

At the very least give me something to google for besides "marine in sunglasses".

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
No idea where it came from, who took the picture or how old the picture is, Just seen it on the net and thought it was something different and there was no information about the picture, so sorry

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
LOL @ pic. those are just images edited onto the glasses. they are not a real reflection. just look at it and use common sense.

anyways, if you look at the image, the soldier is the same one on each lense, just shown at different angles of the slum or wherever hes in.

anyways vox where exactly did you see it on the net? or dont tell me your good at photochopping

LOL it looks like he has TVs in his glasses pointed to someone. possibly his major

[edit on 1/6/2007 by H34T533K3R]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by H34T533K3R
anyways, if you look at the image, the soldier is the same one on each lense, just shown at different angles

Just as it should be, when looking at someone wearing "mirror" sunglasses.

This info is embedded in with the caption data of that picture:

The ruins of Baghdad's Mount Lebanon hotel are reflected in a U.S soldiers sunglasses March 18, 2004, the morning after a powerful bomb detonated outside the hotel. Iraq's interior minister said on Thursday a car bomb that devastated a central Baghdad neighbourhood three days before the anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion killed six people -- well below U.S. estimates of 27.

REUTERS/Ceerwan Azizz C..........INS AFTER BOMB EXPLOSION ARE REFLECTED IN U.S. SOLDIERS SUNGLASSES IN BAGHDAD

For those who would like to know...

That info should not be too hard to track down. Through Reuters, perhap.

download the pic, and open it with Notepad.

[edit on 1/6/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
On the right side too, The fame in the middle (nose clip) right side the layer is on top and the frame also on the right side is not shown and covered by the layer, cause on the left side they are shown ovre the front lens.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The Vagabond, here is the news story of that incident:

web.amnesty.org...

www.pbs.org...

But I still haven't found that image in it's original context, so I don't know whether it is a real image, or just put together.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If you zoom into the image, the reflection looks like it's a different pixel-resolution in comparison to his face, also, where is the refleced image of the photographer??

Looks very much like a photoshop job!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Looks like a typical Iraqi street to me.

new topics

top topics

join