It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know its old news but... N44982

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I found out about this just before I went off to the military, back in June/July 2005.

I was doing some work up at the airport on St. Simons Island GA, and got nosy and wanted to check out the hangar that was seemingly custom built at the last minute for the G8 summit. The G8 of course was already packed up and gone by this time, and I had already finished up for the day.

I walked inside the hangar, and was admiring the chrome leading edges on the giant aircraft before me. I'm used to doing chrome and aluminum therefore very aware of how tedious it is to keep the oxidation out and the shine bright. I thought nothing of it and walked over to the mens room (which was also nice and my duty to christen it).

I thought, "I wonder what's in that other room." Which looked like a kitchen. Yep. It was a kitchen. Sitting on the kitchen table, was an autographed pic of a certain Hollywood star that frequents St. Simon's. I haven't ran into this person, although my father had so I thought that the colossal iron falcon in the hanger was probably his.

I walked back out and bumped into this guy who quickly asked what I was doing. I told him I was rummaging through everyone's stuff while they were out and asked if he wanted in, smirking to clearly let him know I was joking.

He kept a straight face and whispered, "You're checking it out, huh?"
I replied, "Yeah, is that what I think it is? Is it flying out soon?" Hoping I could meet the actor before he left.
"This is one of those things you don't discuss, ok?"
I said "Oh, yeah, I totally understand. I'm not going to disrespect someones privacy. I was just curious if..."
"It's best not to be curious, ya know?"
I said absolutely nothing after that, as I was a little annoyed that this guy was being so frigging anal about a regular here just because he was an actor, but I let it go.
I started to walk off when he snapped a quick "Aey!"
I turned back towards him.
"I'm sure you could just PUNCH A NUMBER get most info round here, right?"
"Yeah, sure. Take it easy."

I easily remembered the N# as it was just numbers, and yanked my girlfriend over to show her that I was checking out the plane of one of her favorite stars.
"Check this out, he was up there today. I wanna see if he's got a log or something." Being nosy again.
Google retrieved some broken sentences that turned her blue.
N44982... CIA... secret... torture... terror...
I freaked just seeing her freak as she hit the floor and switched off the surge protector.

That guy wasn't / isn't the only one who avoids discussing this thing, pretty much anyone who had encountered it there (as it frequents there) acts like they're gonna get blackbagged for mentioning it.

If that's the case, I'm skreewd. I got some more to tell about it as again I got curious after I got shipped to basic training, but I better see if this is a dead / lifeless topic or not first.

[edit: All Caps Title]Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/5/2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There's only one celebrity that comes to mind. Wouldn't happen to be named "John", would he? Seems interesting enough, but from what was written on wikipedia, why would any celebs have interest in the government's dirty work with prisoners?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It seems that you came face to face with one of our nations dirty Littler secrets.

But is not so secret after all, you can find information on the aircraft in the internet with not problem at all.

That would have made some head line stories if you have gotten a picture of it, and made the location public.

Naming history:

N379P was originally N581GA. It became N379P in 2000 when it was acquired by Premier Executive Transport Services and later in December 2003 it became N8068V. On 1 December, 2004 it was renamed N44982, and ownership was transferred to Bayard Foreign Marketing of Portland, Oregon.

As of January 20, 2006, the Registered Owner of the Aircraft is N126CH INC, 2930 BISCAYNE BLVD, MIAMI, FLORIDA 33137-4122 (Source: FAA)
** Tail number: N8068V
** Serial Number: 581
** Registration Type: Corporation
** Certificate Issue Date: 8 February 2000
** Mode S Code: 52575653
* Aircraft
** Aircraft Type: Fixed Wing Multi-Engine
** Manufacturer Name: GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE
** MFR Year: 1999
** Model: G-V
** Engine Type: Turbo-Jet
** Engine Manufacturer: BMW ROLLS (Classification Standard)
** Engine Model: BR 700 SERIES (Category Transport)
* Registered Owner:
** Name: PREMIERE EXECUTIVE TRANSPORT SERVICES INC
** Street: 339 WASHINGTON ST STE 202
** City: DEDHAM
** State: MASSACHUSETTS
** Zip Code: 02026-1815
** County: NORFOLK

experts.about.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
They don't! I was under the impression that this plane belonged to, let's call him "John".
I didn't know anything about the torture jet thing until I googled the tail #.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Because the last time 2004 it was renamed N44982, and ownership was transferred to Bayard Foreign Marketing of Portland, Oregon., perhaps As of January 20, 2006, the Registered Owner of the Aircraft is N126CH INC, 2930 BISCAYNE BLVD, MIAMI, FLORIDA 33137-4122 (Source: FAA) that is when it became to the ownership of the private person.

It would be interesting to find out more on these change and renaming.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
WELL, the story doesn't end there...

Here's what I thought maybe you guys would be more interested in.

BTW, I wrote this down word for word in my notebook maybe 20 mins after it happened.

On 1-5 day in basic at Great Lakes, I was in a class where we were learning about different types of US NAVY COMBAT AIRCRAFT AND THIER DESIGNATION NUMBERS / LETTERS. After we went through the entire list, I grew some gonads and raised my hand, well aware that I'd be sweating hard for the next few hours however content that I would walk away a bit more knowledgeable. In the room were the Petty Officer and Master Chief.

PO - "Stand Up Recruit!"

ME -

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Because the last time 2004 it was renamed N44982, and ownership was transferred to Bayard Foreign Marketing of Portland, Oregon., perhaps As of January 20, 2006, the Registered Owner of the Aircraft is N126CH INC, 2930 BISCAYNE BLVD, MIAMI, FLORIDA 33137-4122 (Source: FAA) that is when it became to the ownership of the private person.

It would be interesting to find out more on these change and renaming.

That's probably not totally out of the question. From what I hear, it has been back at least once, although I was told the paint is different, not just the numbers. Credible source I assure you, but I won't vouch for the vision!

I always keep an eye out for it.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Interesting encounter you go there with your Master Chief.

I guess as long as you are in the military service is better to stop getting to snoopy and whatever you are to do better keep it to yourself.

Until is a better time for disclosures.

Many people in the military likes to keep records of their experiences and then one day when their careers are finished and over with, they will comeback and write and research about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Such is my case... medical discharge for an injury during active duty.

I'm sorry, but I guess I'm the kind of person who would rather die knowing than live wondering.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXSpaYceCaYseXx

I'm sorry, but I guess I'm the kind of person who would rather die knowing than live wondering.

Well if you are not in duty anymore is not reason why researching will no work for you.

And thanks for serving our nation sorry to hear that you got an injury.

I imagine that is people In ATS that will love to read what you find.
like me.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yes, I imagine it would take some guff to ask a question that "shouldn't be asked." I have a family member who used to do data recovery and destruction for the USAF. He said we would be terrified to know some of the truths of the US gov't actions. Sometimes you need extreme measures to get the job done. I'm not condoning flying someone off to Egypt to be killed just for the hell of it, but there's a reason for all things.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I stumbled across this.. St. Simons is my hometown i grew up in the trailer park next to the airport i was out of town during the G8 summit but however i do know for a fact that John Travolta flies to that airport all the time and goes to eat at the Cloister on Sea Island ( no i have not met him or seen him but i've seen his plane and a former neighbor worked at the Cloister) Leo DiCaprio has been seen eating there as well.

top topics

join