It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are you? Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
One of my favorite movies is "The Mission" with Jeremy Irons and Robert DeNiro. I like it because it's an epic sweeping tale of redemption and sacrifice. The terrible fragility of justice in the heart of man juxtaposed by the inexorable unjust machinery of empire. The comparison of the personal quest of redemption and the political and personal pressures that threaten the realization of renouncement.
It's also an accurate historical drama with impeccable costume pieces.

Who's your favorite author and why?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Man, that's a tough one. I read nonfiction almost exclusively. I might go with Hermann Hesse for fiction writers. His stories are told so engagingly, like someone unwinding a spool of thread, that you keep reading to see what comes next, even if you've read it before.

Maybe Jane Austen

For non-fic, it might be Alexandra David-Neel. Her chief book is "Magic and Mystery in Tibet." She kept a journal in the 1930's when a single, western woman (even a Buddhist one) faced a lot of obstacles in traveling in Tibet. Although she is a Buddhist, her recounting of supernatural events is done even-handedly, and can be enjoyed by the total skeptic as much as any believer.

Do you believe in the supernatural, and why or why not?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Do you believe in the supernatural, and why or why not?

a-HA. A trick question. If it exists, it's not "supernatural", eh? So no, I don't believe in things that don't exist.

If you could go back in time and change One Thing about Your life, what would it be and why?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'd go back in time and choose the blue pill this time. And enjoy a steak.

Just kidding.

Anything I changed would make me a different person, who might not live out THIS path, where I become a member at ATS and try to answer this question; so no, I can't think I'd change anything.

Do you believe in the paranormal (in the sense of consciousness after death, "miracles", ghosts, esp, precognition). Why or why not.

If you cannot answer that, please explain why you're being so nitpicky.
(not aimed at anyone in particular. yeah, right. . . .)

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes, because I have faith.

Would you get prison raped for a million dollars?

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Anything I changed would make me a different person, who might not live out THIS path, where I become a member at ATS and try to answer this question; so no, I can't think I'd change anything.

Good answer. I agree.

Do you believe in the paranormal (in the sense of consciousness after death, "miracles", ghosts, esp, precognition). Why or why not.

I believe in possibilities. I think it's possible that any number of things poo pooed by conventional science may in fact exist. After all, today's science is yesterday's magic. Just because we can't explain it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Maybe. So although I don't necessarily "believe" in ghosts, etc., I don't deny the possibility.

If you cannot answer that, please explain why you're being so nitpicky.
(not aimed at anyone in particular. yeah, right. . . .).

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Would you get prison raped for a million dollars?

Closer to a billion would have me thinking about it. A million, I'd have to decline.

Would you of rather witnessed the JFK Assassination or 9/11?

Ex

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Kennedy Assassination

Just from a perspective point of view
I think the assassination would have been much safer to witness

No...........seriously though

The assassination and the facts told after the event,
have always come into question for me.
For purely factual assessmant...
The assassination!

If you were the alien assigned to visit the Earth
and let your presence be known.
how would you accomplish this, without causing public hysteria??

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'd probably act out the screenplay of The Day The Earth Stood Still.

"Gort, Klaatu Barada Nicto!"

Seriously, I'd land an artifact in the street in front of the UN (and get ticketed by the NYPD, in all probability).

Humans are much more paranoid about the threat of a living enemy, than they are the risks from an inanimate object. So, probably a megalith covered in mathematical equations that would be keyed to a set of hieroglyphs. There'd be pictograms of the slab coming down, and humans on either side of it, in downtown new york. There'd be a little picture of an alien craft up in the clouds. Every 24 hours, the UFO would fly progressively lower, and land in about 5 days.

Then I'd come out, and deliver my ultimata (bwa-ha-ha-ha!).

Would you rather:

a) become famous, by receiving credit for someone else's work

b) contribute the most substantial body of work to world literature since Shakespeare, but be totally uncredited for it until after your death

?

[Edit for spelling]

[edit on 11-1-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
B) I'd rather be remembered for my own work, it would be alot better to know (or not) that I was the greatest writer since shakespear having my work read and reread by billions of people and even having it taught to younger generations...

If an alien crash landed in your back yard and was injured and couldn't really move would you
A) hide the ship and keep him/her/it safe until it could leave.
B) sell him to the government for lots of money.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hi/

Answer:B/I would sell the Alien(outer space 'being') to the Government for money!

C'mon, these Alien beings have been playing games with us Humans for so long that it would only seem fair to do the right thing and hand them over to our nice caring Goverment!!!
Maybe they can genetically *engineer,modify or duplicate them and send them off to Iraq!
That, I'm sure will stop the terrorists!

Question?
What do you consider to be the three most important things in life?

(Sorry if thisquestion was asked, I havent read all the responses in the thread and I will do so after I post this.......otherwise,
If that question was asked.......Question......what would your last words be if you were dying right there and then?

helen

(*Edit....added words

[edit on 1/11/2007 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Question?
What do you consider to be the three most important things in life?

1)God the Father

1)His Son

1)His Holy Spirit

Question:
Who would win in a fist-fight (standard boxing rules) between Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter, just because he builds house, so his arms would be stronger than Nixon's.

If you could be anyone in any time period who would you be?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'd be Trace Adkins lover Or maybe I'd be a lover 'of' Trace Adkins? Either way...

If you could live anywhere in the world that you wanted to live, where would you live?

[edit on 4/2/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'd have to shop on that a bit.

If you could have summer all year or winter all year which would you pick?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Summer..... of course

If you could pick any automobile..yes.. any one...what would you choose?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join