It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are you? Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ask a question (favorite word, country, planet, galaxy...), answer it and briefly explain why, or answer a previous poster's question and briefly explain why.

I would ask, what is your favorite number? My favorite number is seven, because it rhymes with heaven and is the highest prime number among single digits (I also like lines in design, they are less confusing then curves).

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My favorite number is 10. It carries a huge significance to my family. There is a very long story that is tied to it, but I'll leave it a mystery for now. I do have a very nice gold chain that has a 10 pendant hanging from it, very important to me.

What is your favorite television show and why?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Lost, It has mystery, murder/deaths, it's intriguing and has some hot female actors.
It also always keeps you guessing...

As a young child, what was you favourite food and why???

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As a young child, when I close my eyes to reflect back in time, alls I could think about was my grandmas Chicken-N-Dumplings I still love chicken-n-dumplings! Why? My Grandma made the Best chicken-n-dumplings ever, and she always cooked the chicken in her pressure cooker. That pressure cooker use to fascinate me when I was little.

What was your favorite childhood game? (Mine was kick the can)

Edit* forgot to answer why

[edit on 1/5/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
mine was tag. i was always faster than everybody else so the kid who was it would never get me. and whenever i was it i wouldn't be it long because i could always catch somebody cause i was just so fast.

what was your favorite subject in school and why?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My favorite subject was probably science, I love to know how things work.

What's you favorite season of the year and why?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Summer. Mainly because of the weather. I live on the east coast of Canada, and our winters are relatively cold. Nothing frustrates me more than running out to the car in the morning to warm it up and scrape the ice off it. Shoveling snow is something I do not mind too much, but I despise the cold weather.

Bring on the heat!

Describe yourself in 1 sentence.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am frugal, domestic, cheerful, friendly, perceptive, easily amused, resourceful and well composed.

Edit* to add

What was the best day of your life that you can recall?

[edit on 1/5/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The day I looked into her eyes and seen myself.

What is your favorite emotion and why.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Excellent posts everybody!!! I will answer the questions already posed and then ask a new question.

Favorite TV Show: Trinity Broadcasting Network in Long Beach, California. It comforts me that there are other faithful people and I learn a few things.

Childhood Favorite Food: Cheese Pizza, naturally. I have always loved cheese and as an adult I love Pepperoni Pizza.

Childhood Favorite Game: Monopoly. I loved the mathematics of it and the security it brought for finding a place to comfortably live in.

Favorite Subject in School: Mathematics. I was adept at it and I still enjoy computing numbers.

Favorite Season: the Fall. I have lived in the San Gabriel Valley, California for most of my life and the weather is frequently stunning during the Fall. High temperatures around 75 degrees, and low temperatures around 50 degrees.

Describe yourself in One Sentence: Shedding all ego, a person who tries his best to love God and His Creation each day.

Best Day of Your Life: My best day, in retrospect, is the day 11 years ago when I started believing in God. My life has had a positive influence since then.

Favorite Emotion: the ecstatic love for God. No feeling to me exceeds the feeling when the Holy Spirit touches my Soul.

My question: which human being currently living do you love the most? I love my mother because she is extremely thoughtful, caring, humanitarian, and altruistic.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
my question: which human being currently living do you love the most? I love my mother because she is extremely thoughtful, caring, humanitarian, and altruistic.

my mother
raised me single handed and made me who i am today a debt that i will find hard to repay

my question

how do you look at others through your eyes

Ex

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

How do you look at others through your eyes ?

I sincerely try and look at them through their eyes.
I find my own eyes are jaded and jump to conclusions
that may not be true, at times
So, trying to see them as they see themselves,
gives me a chance to consider the emotional as well as other
issues that make them stand as they are!

If you could relive one day in your life......
what would that day be like and why are you there?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Man, that's a tough one. A single day . . .

Maybe Christmas morning 1973, when we got the GI JOES and the sled. Dad was dirt poor, but there was a mountain of presents under the tree. My whole family was alive and healthy . . . turkey and snow and it was just great to be alive.

Maybe Halloween when about 1979 or so. We wore costumes UNDER our costumes, and when our friends met us out on the street, they'd pull off your mask to see if it was you, and GAAA-AAAAH there'd be a zombie face underneath!!! plus we went out to the graveyard to see the "glowing grave" and we got to watch the big kids make out in their cars . . .

Maybe back in grad school, when I walked the future Frau Dr. back to my place, to get her car. She let me kiss her . . . and kiss her.

Maybe the first time I shot a buck; or better yet, the day I got 3 pheasant and smoked them for Christmas dinner.

Maybe one of those parties back in college.

Maybe one of the days our kids were born.

If you knew what would happen beforehand, it just wouldn't be the same, for any of those.

What do you wear to bed?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
thanks for asking about my night wear doctor strange.

I wear sports shorts that resemble tight spandex, but with a little give and they breath, with a synthetic smooth sort of netted outer layer.

I wear these because they allow certain areas to air out, while offering support for my .... hmm ... while i re-adjust and move around while i sleep.

My question for the next participant is .....

If you could take a vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why would you want to go there?

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My dream vacation would be to walk or bike from southern france to San Juan Campostella, in Spain.

It's one of the oldest pilgrimages in Christendom. Even though we are protestants, my wife and I enjoy world history. They say the scenery is gorgeous, and once you get into the pyrennes, it's like going back in time. Plus the pilgrim route doesn't follow the paved roads. There are little inns that have been there, serving pilgrims, since the middle ages. That's COOL.

I'd want to do something spiritual. And, I've never been to spain.

My question: If you had to leave your home country as an exile, and never return, and spend the rest of your life in one city or county, where would you choose?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

My question: If you had to leave your home country as an exile, and never return, and spend the rest of your life in one city or county, where would you choose?

I would go to the pyrennes. Because i've heard it's like going back in time. This way i can go back in time and then return to the country i had been exiled from, before i was exiled, or just stay in pyrennes and wait for the Doctor, so i can show him my sleep wear.

Ok, joking aside. That is a tough question. I think i might choose Either Brazil, New Zealand. Both reasons are because of scenery, and weather patterns, and the people.

My next question is:
If you could ask 1 question to which you were assured the truthful answer, what would you ask, and why?

Tough question i know. But i have faith that the next contributor will have a good response. Although i may author a thread of the same title. *Inspired by GreatTech's thread.

Ex

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wow!!
You guys sure know how to ask the tough ones.....

If you could ask 1 question to which you were assured the truthful answer, what would you ask, and why?

I am having a hard time narrowing this down to one question.

I think I would ask my Mother , a woman of breeding and charm,
why she doesn't like to be touched. My personal theory is something happened many years ago which she will, I am sure, refuse to answer.

I want to ask God why death is so brutal for some and gentle
in coming for others.
I have had two people die in my arms, both left smiling ,
fast and peacefully, even though the circumstances where very different.

My Question

If you found out you had two weeks to live, no getting out of it,
What would you change in your life first ??

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I would have to ask "What other life forms live outside our galaxy and what do they look like and how they live" I really want to know exactly how significant we are in this universe, do we help anything, like our moon keeps us alive, are we somehow keeping something/someone else going.

You beat me to it but i'll keep that answer and answer yours...

I would make some time for all the people I have lost touch with...

What would you change about this world if you could???
(Think carefully about all consequences)

[edit on 6-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I was about to say that the thing I would change would be to make gravity an inverse cubed law, instead of an inverse square law . . .

But then I saw that you told us to think carefully so now I take it back.

One thing I would change . . . .

Well, a safe answer would be that my country would have a multi-party political system, instead of the entrenched two party system it is afflicted with.

A much more dangerous answer would be, that I had a machine that would exteriorize my thought, and make anything I imagine become reality. . . .

Question: What's your goal in life, and why?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Question: What's your goal in life, and why?

I began coaching organized youth sports when I was 15. I quickly began to understand that I had a strong desire to help some of our troubled youth. I started with the whole University dance, taking courses with no idea of what I wanted to do. With a bit of searching over the internet, I found a school that would allow me to do exactly what I want to do.

My goal in life is to help children that otherwise, would never receive the help they need. Kids who grow up in poverty, and never had the opportunity to make something of themselves, I want to be involved some how to assist them in becoming something better.

In four weeks I am taking a position with a Restorative Justice program in my community. It takes kids that are in conflict with the law, and through extrajudicial measures, it gives them a second chance in life.

I believe in reinforcing a good behaviour, rather than punishing a bad behaviour. Hopefully I can attain my goal and possibly positively affect a few lives in my day.

---

What is your favorite movie? Why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join