It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Need Advice!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hey guys. I'm posting this thread because I need some advice about what I've been experiencing recently.

For about the past year now when I close my eyes to take a nap or fall asleep, every now and then this extremely wierd sensation happens ...

I see through my eyelids!

But not all the time do I see what's in front of me. Like today I was in class and I was really tired so I put my head down on my arm and closed my eyes.

I got to the stage where I'm still quite awake but I'm falling asleep. I then "saw" my sleeve which my head was resting on. I was wearing long sleeves.

For a good minute I just continued to stay there, looking at my shirt through my eyes wondering if I was just going crazy, dreaming or tripping out or what. But then I decided to lift my head and open my eyes and my viewpoint was the same as it was when my eyes were closed, except when I was "seeing" through my eyes everything was a lot more hazy.

I didn't think too much about it cause it happens every now and then. I went back to sleep again on my desk after being awake for a while. The same thing happened except I wasn't looking at my sleeve...

It was just this image of an object on an empty rack. You know those spinning metal displays they have to hang stuff like jewlery? It was one of those but I can't really remember what the object was.

It was just a fixed view like that on the rack and then I decided to open my eyes again. I was gettin a little tripped out.

I then went BACK to sleep AGAIN and AGAIN it happened. But this time it was even wierder.

When I "saw" through my eyelids I saw a girl infront of me, with her back turned towards me. She was white and had brown hair, and I think she was standing next to a locker of some sort.

After I saw this I opened my eyes again because I was getting too tripped out and decided to stay awake for the rest of the course.

Keep in mind I was NOT asleep when this happened. I was resting my eyes if you will, and because I still needed to understand the course material, I rested while listening to the instructor.

While these "images" were happening I was listening to the instructor so I know I wasn't asleep. And if I was, when I dream they are never fixed images like that, they are always in motion and very vivid.

This has happened to me a lot now!! I don't want to go into other experiences because it's not that crazy of an experience and I've already written enough.

Has this happened to any of you guys before?? What the hell is going on ??

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
*sigh*... yet another victim of 'sleep paralysis'.

Sleep Paralysis Wiki

I get it too, and before you say 'i was still awake'... it does feel that way, but you were in fact halfway between conscious and asleep.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
When you're lying in your bed and this happens to you, fooffstarr, do you too see the room exactly how it is before you?

When you rest your head on your arm, do your 'eyes' see they are resting against?

Close your eyes right now and tell me that's not incredible.

To quote your article,

"Sleep paralysis occurs during REM sleep in order to prevent the body from manifesting the sleeper's dreams. "

I was completely awake mentally during todays instance. REM begins during the Beta and Theta state during which the mind is close to subconscioussness.

I had to listen to the lecture no matter what, that's what kept me awake. I needed to retain that information if I am to pass this exam.

And as I said, even if it is sleep paralysis, does sleep paralysis enable one to see through the darkness of one's eyelids? It never has for me before this past year. Up until recently I only saw wild and fantastic images and landscapes and scenarios that my mind would create, not fixed images and the actual visual plane that we experience in our waking life.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I've had several Out-of-body-experiences I've put down to sleep paralysis, but i have never actually had a first-person view of things without my eyes being open.

Sometimes sleep paralysis can be strong enough for you to feel awake, and actually take in what is going on around you. I've known sometimes what is going on in the house, yet be unable to move or open my eyes etc etc.

Can you replicate your experience? Unless it happens again i would really just put it down to a very lucid session of sleep paralysis and move on.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have experianced these kind of things before, I used to go to london everyday for work in a small van, I would often fall asleep, very occasionally I would be lightly drifting in and out of sleep and I would see almost exactly what is infront of me in the van, but i know I was lightly asleep because maybe one thing was out of place or something and i'd wake up when I realise i'm asleep.
I found it quite amusing but I never really looked any deeper of thought about it until now.
It did happened quite alot, mainly on hot summer days

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
While I have not experianced this phenomena before, but I have heard this kind or report many times before.

It would seem to me that you are having a small OOBE, just to the point where your soul just distinguishes itself from your body, and therefore no longer adheres to such physical boundries like your eyelids. If you experiance seeing different places, then your soul might have actually removed itself completely from your body, and gone to those places.

Now, as to the being able to hear things while this is going on, I have no idea. Maybe since your body isn't quite asleep when you leave it, it's still might be relaying information to you through your 'silver string' or whatever else keeps your soul and body connected during OOBE's and Astral Projection.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
fooffstar, I don't think I can intentionally replicate it, but I'm sure it will happen again soon. If it does I'll be happy to analyze the vision and explain the results.

You say you've had out-of-body-experiences that you've labeled as sleep paralysis ... when you had your experience was it in the room that you were in? And if so did it appear to you exactly how it is?

If so I don't believe it's just sleep paralysis ...

I don't know much about OOBE and I never really paid attention to claims of OOBE until recently, but now I'm starting to smell something fishy in regaurds to ourselves as humans.

There are many many reports of what I've experienced.

If this thing is real then the potential of ourselves as humans has not been close to being realized.

chris01621 thank you for your reply. If you'd like to explain your experience(s) and what you saw I'd be happy to listen.

Voidmaster thank you too for the response. I've been skeptical about the whole OOBE thing and astral projection but since I've become more intune with myself, the world, my dreams, and these experiences I've been having, more and more do I realize that there is definently something up here.

Do you know anyone else that has had the same experience?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's not sleep paralysis, you are seeing through your mind's eye. This has happened to me for the majority of my life and from time to time i will try it again to see if i can still do it, lately it's been getting easier to do this. I wouldn't freak out or anything, it's perfectly natural for this to happen. In fact if i were you i would practice this skill and learn to use it, it will come in handy some day. The last time i tried to do this was a few nights ago after a dream that i had, and i can still do it, so yes i do know what i'm talking about.

Peace,

Pancho

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Reading the Mars Records, from the Mars thread in here might give you a few clues about what people are capable of.

I have had OBE's where I could see myself laying back with my eyes wide open and even turning my head to look up my spiritual self.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
In the van it only happened on maybe 5 occasions and that was about
1 and a half years ago, but as I say up top when I realised I wasn't fully awake I would wake up, just little things that are out of place would do this to me.
But I have heard that you can wake up in the middle of the night and not even realise because it's dark you don't register it and go back to sleep, so maybe something similar has happened to me in bed I don't know.

I have posted this in another thread but i'll paste it here because I have been trying to purposely have an OBE or astral Projection for a while now.
One occasion it nearly happened.

My experiance:

I've been trying this for a while, I have had one slight experiance with it but havn't been able to recreate it since.
I have the same problem of falling asleep, I dont use meditation or any music, nor did I with my experiance in which I got out and felt strange vibrations and heard the sound of wind, everything was just dark though and when I opened my eyes I opened my physical eyes and was just layin in bed.
But what I got from that was the knowledge that it is real and to keep trying, which is a good thing in my book...

Now when this happened I was diagonal above my body and remember feeling that my feet were stuck in place and couldn't get them out, though as strange as this sounds I could move as if my feet were acting as a pivot and I went down through my body and my bed, which is when I thought I have to see this and opened my eye's but I just woke up as stated above.

Since that happened I started reading up on it and I found a post on here were someone has said that you have to WILL your sight to open up, but things can be wrong colour's or even hazey.

I haven' been able to recreate this since and have tried...

Does anyone experianced in this matter know what went wrong for me and do you have any tips???

[edit on 5-1-2007 by chris01621]

top topics

join