It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I ain't kidding Johnny!!! Global space rush targets the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Lots of countries are planning lunar missions, and it looks like they're really serious.

Europe, Japan, China and India are planning lunar missions. NASA's got to get their stuff together and pronto.

www.msnbc.com...

One good part of this though, is that there is less chance for secrecy...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
And more chances for success! This second "race to space" may be just what was needed to gest NASA back on track.

I can't see the US setting back and letting the first lunar land claim go to somebody else...LOL.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As the USA has already claimed the Moon as its own, (assuming the USA has been there) then when other countries start making claims of ownership after planting their own flags (esp. China/ Japan) we can all look forward to a Lunar war and massive increases in NASA/Military budgets.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
wasnt there a guy who said he owned the moon and it was legal cuz he got the rights from the UN ?? and was selling property

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
wasnt there a guy who said he owned the moon and it was legal cuz he got the rights from the UN ?? and was selling property

Materialistic humans...
Always ready to own something...

If different countries reach the moon, they'll be less secrets. Especially if they are adversaries. For one the "fake moonlanding" theory can be permanently disproven or proven (which I highly doubt). And the other moon conspiracy theory; the huge spaceships on thedark side one; can also be proven or disproven.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
And more chances for success! This second "race to space" may be just what was needed to gest NASA back on track.

I can't see the US setting back and letting the first lunar land claim go to somebody else...LOL.

I'll second that!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
you can actually buy a peice of the moon

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yeah, you can actually buy stars and moons and stuff lol! Its true..I think you can buy an acre of the moon for some amount of money...Yeah, I am planning on retiring on my moon ranch someday...

-wD

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Did anybody catch the announcement earlier this week when Bush stated the direction we were taking on exploration of the moon and mars?
Already has begun-

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree this could be the Impetus that NASA needs to get its act together.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Yeah, you can actually buy stars and moons and stuff lol! Its true..I think you can buy an acre of the moon for some amount of money...Yeah, I am planning on retiring on my moon ranch someday...

-wD

You really can't, its a gimmick gift. If i remember correctly there was a UN treaty signed by most of the nations back in 1972 that said nobody could lay claim to the moon.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I was wondering, how many others are really quite excited about this? I really hope this time they'll stick with it. We might be the generation that sees humans break out of the cradle for real.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
I was wondering, how many others are really quite excited about this? I really hope this time they'll stick with it. We might be the generation that sees humans break out of the cradle for real.

I'm rather excited too, but the 15 year time frame is bugging me, i feel this is just a chance for Bush to gain a place in history to overshadow all the other terrible stuff that he's done.

top topics

join