It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head Of U.S. Nuclear Weapons Agency Gets Sacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Linton Brooks, the head of U.S. nuclear weapons agency, which overseas and maintains the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile, has been asked to leave. This comes after repeated security problems at weapons laboratories. Brooks was asked to leave by Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman. Some of the problems the National Nuclear Security Administration has been under scrutiny for is security problems which includes an FBI investigation into a breach at Los Alamos Laboratory in New Mexico.

www.bloomberg.com
Linton Brooks, head of the agency that maintains the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile, has been forced to resign from his post at the Energy Department after repeated security problems at weapons laboratories.

Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman said in an e-mailed statement he asked Brooks to resign because progress to correct security problems has not been adequate. ``I have decided that it is time for new leadership,'' Bodman said.

Brooks's agency, the National Nuclear Security Administration, has been under scrutiny for security problems, the most recent of which was an FBI investigation into a possible breach at the Los Alamos laboratory in New Mexico after police found potentially classified information while searching a residence for drugs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When public officials of this level are kicked out of office, I must always wonder if it is for the reasons that we are told. We being the masses or the expendable vessels. High level civil servants rarely leave by choice. I do remember the possible security breach being reported in the news. But as this article states, the material found was potentially classified, not classified. It also says that the reaction in Congress positive, stating that his departure is long overdue. So those of us in the masses know what we are being told, but how much more is there to this story that we are not being told?

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.abqjournal.com
www.iht.com

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Everyone is leaving or getting fired.

Another epidemic!

Hope someone does a 'global analysis' of all the current firings and resignations. Does it have something to do with the Democrats takeover of Congress? Would these guys say something in their reports?

???

But this one is a real hatchet job. No plum position in the private sector waiting for Brooks.

Wonder why? ...I have no doubt it's political, just want the dirt.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

But this one is a real hatchet job. No plum position in the private sector waiting for Brooks.

Wonder why? ...I have no doubt it's political, just want the dirt.

Soficrow,
I think its political also, just got no way to really prove that. There may not be a plum position in the private sector waiting, but I do think he will find some sort of plum position. He has had his plum civil service position for to long. Some one will pick him up, of that I am fairy certain.

join