It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Powers (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've been doing mentalism similar to Derren Brown for about 10 years. I've only recently come into the posession of a video camera. I would like to film these NLP feats and some psychic stuff (but mainly NLP). The only problem is that my abilities are very "human centered". For instance I can make someone double over in pain, feel things that are not there useing NLP. But all-and-all I could simply be useing actors. I am not but there is nothing I could do to verify this. Just as Derren himself could be useing actors, when in reality neither are.

I've been working on a preview for google and youtube. Is it worth releasing?

If so, brilliant! I will go forward.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
lets see.....cant hurt to watch

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I've put things on Youtube that were likely much worse, so what do you have to lose?

It doesn't even matter if you did use actors, as long as their acting wasn't horrible, nobody would know anyway.

PS: Can you let me in on where you learned your NLP/mentalism abilities from? What books, websites, etc. Even how you do some of the stuff, if you were willing to share. I have done magic for a few years, but I've just heard and seen some of Derren Brown's stuff recently, and it fascinates me. Send me a U2U if you want to keep it private.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would feel too guilty if I used actors.

I would suggest: preterhuman.net...

for starting out.

Before the Brown era, I played around with NLP but to a lesser extent. I could give people headaches and more importantly I use to have this horrible studder, embarassed the hell out of me. I found a way to program my brain to no longer have a studder and now I can do it to others brains.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I was considering buying one of his books, but someone told me it was more stories and jokes than any actual techniques. If it's free, I'll check this one out though =).

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
HI, i'm trying to click your link but i'm getting an internet explorer error report thing, is anyone else getting it.

I have been facinated with this stuff ever since I first saw Derren Brown and I do believe it works and have a slight idea how it works but I wouldn't have the slightest clue were to start to put it to practice.
If you can find any other links to put here on how to do some things, that would be cool.
I think you should put your vids on youtube, BUT not before you put them on here first, I and many others (i'm sure) would be very interested.

Yeah, you might get some skeptics but only because they don't want to understand it, or fear what they don't know.

Just from watching Derren Brown I have come to realise just how suggestive the human mind can be...

There is a thread here about Derren Brown, and I have quite fully shown my views on him...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You need Adobe to view it.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the headsup on adobe, I have downloaded it and I can get the page up, But now AS I try to scroll down, the window it's in keeps crashing, any ideas on that at all???

Forget this, I saved target and That seems to work O.K, it looks real interesting

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Pure Energy, you u2ud me but I could not respond because of my lack of 20 posts. I will simply state you're question and my answer?

I was hoping you could perhaps give me some pointers, teach me some stuff you have learned.... regarding NLP...

I was hoping you could perhaps give me some pointers, teach me some stuff you have learned.... regarding NLP... I am quite intrigued.

Well it's very late here. In all honesty, I can't teach you what I've learned (at least not a good portion). It's something I'd have to show you in person, something you'd need to experience up close.

My advice right now would be to read the book I linked to in my thread. Also study the Derren Brown videos on youtube.

If you have any questions, specifically I will do my best to answer them. My forte is making people feel what is not there. Almost like telepathic projection. The effects are widespread, probably my most interesting being having someone feel like they were punched right in the chest without physical contact.

Feel free to chat anytime I am quite intrigued.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I uploaded the preview. It only has one short interview with an illusion I "cast" on someone.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That sounds pretty cool, how are you going to do a full length type thing, will that be on youtube?
How close are you to making a full length film.(However long it is)???

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have an okay amount. Have to speed it up before I'm thrown back into the world of college again. Psychology class should be interesting.....

A large portion will be on youtube if not all of it.

I also got your u2u but don't have enough posts to reply it says. So I will reply when I have 20 posts or so? Or should I simply answer you're questions in this thread?

Have a brilliant time!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I only u2u'd you because it was more of a personal question so if you don't mind answering it here thats fine.

I bet you can really impress your psychology class mates if you wanted to.
They'll be completely baffled, would you teach them anything???

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hi i'm sending this because I don't want to spam the threads with personal questions,
Would you mind telling me how long you've been able to use these tricks and were you first learned of them??

I have a genuine interest in all of this, but only since i've known of Derren Brown, and he only really came about like 5 yrs ago...

I've been doing these tricks since I was 10-11. I never knew it was NLP until later.

The first trick I remember was programming my friends mind to get a headache every time I raised my hand.

Later I would convince my teacher that I had a B instead of an F.

Then I would make myself unseen when someone was looking for me in a small group.

At the moment I'm really into people feeling what is not there. Forcing illusions upon people. Like I did to that teenager in my video. I can make people feel hands upon them or get punched without me touching them. I also know when someones lying. Also out of about 50 rock-paper-scissors games lately. I only lost 1. It's really a game of the mind.

That's it for now. Just woke up to think of anything else

I really hope this helps answer your q.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey man awesome video and I feel yah about the who college scene, not a good enviorment to try and develop you're ability in or anything associated with it, whenever you have a feel minute, practice, practice, practices....I regret not doing that and giving into to worldly affairs, as a result I have to start from scratch again with reprograming my mind and ability. Its progressing, any advice to improve it?

Anyways spiderman quote: with great power, come great responsibility.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There in lies an answer. As long as you have the want to continue the path. And it must be a powerful yearning not something you're doing half-heartedly. Don't try to reprogram you're brain. Reprogram theirs.

ion

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Natural
There in lies an answer. As long as you have the want to continue the path. And it must be a powerful yearning not something you're doing half-heartedly. Don't try to reprogram you're brain. Reprogram theirs.

I am really interested in this and would love to study it I wanna learn and I tried to go to the link that was posted of the book but its an error and I have adobe idk is there anyway you could like up his books through sendspace or megaupload, rapidshare etc I would really appreciate it. I wonder if there are ways to heal people just as there are ways to make people feel pain for example......there's a video on youtube where he makes some kids feel pain as if they have a toothace I wonder if you could perform just the opposite? And go to a guy with a toothace and make him belive that the pain is gone.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes the opposit can easily be done. I can't upload the book anywhere because it might be copyrighted.

Have a brilliant day!

P.S. if anyone wants to u2u me, I can now send u2u's.

ion

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Natural
Yes the opposit can easily be done. I can't upload the book anywhere because it might be copyrighted.

Have a brilliant day!

P.S. if anyone wants to u2u me, I can now send u2u's.
well what should I do to get my hands on this info?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
When I started I just experimented by understanding psychology and how to give the illusion of inflitrating other's minds when really they're inflitrating their own.

You can also try getting the book Ultimate Revelation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join