It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Istanbul UFO Sighting...With Clearish Pic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Picture Is Fake

Keep in mind the article is relatively short, saying nothing that even links this picture to the story.

With that in mind, yesterday I sent an email to the site editor. Here is his response:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The pic is an rc kite, and i seem to recall seeing that exact shape with the led configuration in a vid on youtube.

And yes, people fly 'em in winter at night because cooler air is denser, means more lift and thrust. there's no string, it's a kite with 2 motors that can do acrobatics.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DezertSkies
The pic is an rc kite, and i seem to recall seeing that exact shape with the led configuration in a vid on youtube.

And yes, people fly 'em in winter at night because cooler air is denser, means more lift and thrust. there's no string, it's a kite with 2 motors that can do acrobatics.

How in the world do you remote control a kite?! I mean, it's difficult enough to control those things with an attached line. They are so easily tossed around by the wind. And as you say the air is denser in winter so wind currents will exert that much more force and disturbance as a result. Such a kite would crash in seconds. It would also be very difficult to control or even get it off the ground with five massive flood lights attached to it. Too much weight for a kite. No, the kite theory doesn't fly.
Even a hot-air balloon makes more sense than that.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Now that is an interesting UFO, and it looks like it has the Islamic symbol on it.

Maybe its some sort of publicity stunt though...

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
UFO activity over Instabul, as well?
Now, this is really wierd
I haven't heard any secret underground base at Instabul nor any activity
What UFO want there?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ufos seem to assume weird shapes for whimsical reasons. It is clear that the alien disc-shaped objects we see flying around can pretty much maneuver and travel at astounding speeds, and can slow down and even remain stationary. So, what purpose can there be to assume such odd looking forms such as this one. It is rather an outlandish looking thing. Maybe it is an expression of their weird sense of asthetic. Maybe the aliens do it for similar reasons that people put outlandish things on their automobiles such as decals and chrome rims.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's kind of odd to observe the contrariness within the aliens. On the one hand they can be very secretive, and demonstrate a preference to move about the Earth undetected by cloaking their craft and rendering them virtually invisible. On the other hand, the aliens afix floodlights to their craft and act like exhibitionists, who are trying to attract attention, especially when they fly about at night with all of their lights on highbeam and blinking. Symptoms of an alien split personality.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I received an email this afternoon with info on the sighting and a link to youtube.

Here's the video

text from the email:
This extraordinary incident took place in a compound in Kumburgaz/Istanbul was witnessed by nearly a dozen of residents and filmed by a night guard in several different times.

In July-August 2007, a number of nation-wide UFO sightings were reported while some of them were filmed and aired. Within the same period, the objects witnessed by the residents of Kumburgaz/Yeni Kent Compound, caught on video by a night guard named Yalcin Yalman and the footage were considered as the closest and the most significant images ever filmed in Turkey and around the world.

The incident went on for two months intermittently before the very eyes of the residents of “Yeni Kent Compound”, filmed by a night guard named Yalcin Yalman for 22 minutes.

enjoy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join