It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some people more prone to argue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It is probably obvious here on ATS, more than in life in general.

But do you believe that some people are prone to strike up an argument or debate, even when there is a preponderance of evidence to suggest otherwise?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Some people are confrontational, while others do everything in their power to avoid it. Others stand up for what they believe in, while others tend to follow the crowd. I definitely agree that some people are more prone, than others, to argue. I know some people that will keep their true opinions to themselves, just to prevent a discussion from happening.

Not every discussion has to be confrontational, but sometimes we do not have the choice.

Quiet, Shy, Timid, etc., are all attributes of people who may fail to debate or discuss issues openly while in public. I think ATS is the perfect tool for those who feel timid in public. With the protection of their computer monitor, they are able to voice their opinions and concerns, with complete knowledge that they can click the X and ignore the unfortunate argument that may follow. In reality, it is slightly tougher to just walk away from an argument.

I think ATS shows a relatively accurate curve of members who are confrontation, others who avoid confrontation, and others who can discuss openly without it becoming confrontational.

new topics

join