It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Somewhat Felt Sorry For Saddam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Maybe this is just human nature, but I must say that I kind of felt sorry for Saddam Hussein at his execution. I don't know, maybe it was his nervousness that cause my sympathy for him...Maybe it was my Christian attitude to love everyone that caused me to feel sorry for him. To be honest,I don't know why I had the feelings I did about his execution. All I know is that the feelings were there.

I guess it can be argued that instead of feeling sorry for him, maybe my emotions would be better served feeling sorry for the 1.5 million people he had killed. Anyway, I just thought I'd bring this up. I am kind of curious about some of the other opinions about Saddam's execution.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I feel bad for anyone put to death, and in a way I feel their pain and sympathize with the emotions they must be feeling at the time.
I also feel bad for the animals I kill to eat. I've always slaughtered them in a way that will cause them the least stress and pain, but I still kill them for my own survival.

I watched the video of him being taunted on the gallows and felt it should have been carried out with more dignity, but in so many ways I'm glad he's dead.
I'd have been willing to carry out the sentence of the court myself.
The families of the people he killed will take solace in knowing he's gone, but even his surviving victims must feel some gut reaction to seeing him drop.

Empathy is an emotion that makes us human and I'd be worried about the sanity of anyone that takes joy in the death of another, no matter what crimes he committed.

I just hope this death will bring some closure for those that suffered.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
First of all, Anxietdisorder, do you work in a slaughter house? If so it's a dirty job but someones gotta do it.

Also there are some good views (including mine) about Saddam's execution in this thread here...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I was disturbed at the fact that it wasn't carried out in a more respectful manner. The taking of a life is a very serious thing and should be treated as such.

I'm not sure I felt sorry for Saddam specifically; I felt the sorrow that I feel whenever a life is taken by others.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I feel bad for anyone executed, even Saddam.

Though he was a sad cold hearted man, my only hope is that he gave his life to God before he was executed.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I was saddened by the fact that his head didn't snap off and roll around on the ground for a while and then get used by some local kids to play soccer...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDesigner
I feel bad for anyone executed, even Saddam.

Though he was a sad cold hearted man, my only hope is that he gave his life to God before he was executed.

if you watch the clip with sound
before he died he went out with the name of god so yeah he did

on topic i was saddened by the fact that blair and bush werent there hanging with him

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, the US has made a mess of Iraq. But the international banking cabal is making a ton of money off of this war and so are all the politicians they own....(i.e. George Bush).....

I joked earlier...but I personally think they should have left Saddam in charge. That country needs to be run with an iron fist. There was no crime while he was in charge....now it's out of control and more and more of our troops are coming home in body bags or physically and mentally destroyed for life.

Iraq is the new Vietnam.....

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Iraq is the new Vietnam.....

Well, now when you state that, what fact do you base it on other than Iraq being a "quagmire"? You do realize that at the current rate of U.S casualties, we'd have to be there for forty years before it reached the proportions of Vietnam... You do realize that, don't you?

When people make this comment, as they continuously do, I have to wonder upon what information they are basing this opinion on.

While I can't say that I agree with the timing of the Iraq conflict,I think that this was an inevitability. Sooner or later,Iraq was going to come into play in the "war against terrorism."

This was way off topic, but I had to address your assertion that "Iraq is the new Vietnam."

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Sorry, but I didn't feel sorry for Saddam.
Yes, I saw a nervous older man being taunted before his death. Under normal circumstances this visual would be distressing at best.

This man ordered the death of countless innocent souls. We've all heard the stories of his torturing and killing people in grotesque fashion for his own "sport". I've even heard that he used human meatgrinders to kill people while he and his sons watched.

No, personally I don't feel sorry for Saddam Hussein at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Lombozo, I have heard many of these horrific stories as well. I have to question the validity of some of them. I guess it's only human to question the incomprehensible. It may very well be that Hussein was guilty of these atrocious acts.

However, as I said, I think it's natural to question these accounts on the basis that they seem rather incomprehensible. Most of us like to think that another human would never commit such acts. Although, we know that they do indeed occur.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hey SoT,
I agree with you in the sense that it is almost beyond my realm of thinking that anyone could committ these acts. That being said, just the facts that are FACTS, are enough to take away any pity I might have had for him previously.

Let me see what info. I can dig up on these claims. Where the heck is Chissler when you need him? That boy can do some research!

I'll be back.................

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here is a little article I came across. This reinforces my belief that I have no srrow or pity whatsoever for this man.

usinfo.state.gov...

Torture Methods in Iraq
Medical experimentation
Beatings
Crucifixion
Hammering nails into the
fingers and hands
Amputating the penis or
breasts with an electric
carving knife
Spraying insecticides into a
victim's eyes