It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ariz. School Installs Facial Scan System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
"Two cameras, which are expected to be operational next week, will scan faces of people who enter the office at Royal Palm Middle School."

Face-scanning technology

Wouldn't we know it, soon every school in America will have this sort of surveillance.
Good idea, great deterant lets hope it doesn't become apart of the "East Germany Conspiracy"...

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i'm not too far away from royal palm, i'll ask around

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"Good idea, great deterant"

Great deterant I will give you that, but MORE surveillance damn what's next put camera's in our home?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan
"Good idea, great deterant"

Great deterant I will give you that, but MORE surveillance damn what's next put camera's in our home?

I wouldn't doubt it. They've taken a lot of computer privacy away in the past year's haven't they? BUT they have an excuse with school's, it's public. And they can just say "we're catching the bad guys with this system".

What I WANT to know is how is putting cameras in a school going to solve anything? Someone goes and shoots a few kids up, a few other kids see the face (or teachers) and say "yep i know that person". we already get the bad guy's. If they come in with mask's then they can't see their face, if they don't then someone says "yeah thats phillip, he shot a few kids" when questioned. what are they going for? Who pulled the fire drill to get school out? Who stole the pen off the teachers desk?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It starts off with good intentions. Its when we trust the goverment and their "good intentions". Eventually there is an abuse of power, so how much power are we going to give them to abuse? I'm a mom and I'm all for whatever steps we need to take to protect our children. But cameras don't stop anyone. I can't just walk into a theme park, I need a ticket and go through a check point to enter. Our kids need more protection than Mickey Mouse does.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thank god I am already out of public schools.

I'd flip that camera off every single day.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamaship
Our kids need more protection than Mickey Mouse does.

I like that quote. I couldn't agree more with what you had to say. I think the only thing cameras do is invade's on the child and make's him feel unsafe if anything. The child would not be able to joke with his friends because he'd be too afraid of the camera's watching him. It doesn't help at all in the child's physical OR mental safety.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yeah man, fuk cameras. Its not like they will stop me from doing things at school that i'm not supposed to do.
I'll just get caught. Then, as punishment, i'll get to leave school for a couple of weaks. The only problem with that is that they can get rid of anyone that might cause a threat to their brainwashing techniques, which i have been exposing quite openly at school for the past semester. I guess I'll have to learn to be more secretive.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
When has a "criminal" ever really attempted harm upon a public school anyway..and if it has happened..has it happened enough to warrant such drastic measures such a facial scanners? the only people that attack schools are usually the students themselves...I would think that if somebody was going to attack or abduct a student..i really doubt they would use the front door anyway..this is just another step towards taking our freedoms away..."land of the free" huh?

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by McGotti]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
um wtf?

in the office? why? theres hardly anyone there like the adminastration?

ahh dont see what they need camara in there, i would think they would put, camra's near all the entrneses would make it "safe"

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
We already have cameras all over campus. You can't really get away with anything anymore. Cameras are nothing new though. They are all around us, forever watching.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
"East Germany Conspiracy"...
[Edited on 12-12-2003 by ADVISOR]

Whats the "East Germany Conspiracy"? I have never heard this one before.

top topics

join