It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush approves warrantless opening of mail (Wake up you acolyte sheep)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by RRconservative
People still use mail for communication?

If "Muhammad Muhammad Akbar" is corresponding with "Muhammad Muhammad Al-Jazera" and the packaging is suspisious open it up and check it out!

If Bush wants to look at my bills and junkmail, I have no problem with that! If it stops a terrorist attack, that is fine with me!

All this sympathy for Terrorists has gone too far. What's next, A Terrorist Bill of Rights?

[edit on 4-1-2007 by RRconservative]

I cant believe people are willing to give up there privacy because one many TELLS you there's a threat.
you havent seen any proof.. everythings is based on the presidents WORD for petes sake.. and your so willing to give up your privacy?

what was that quote?
those who are prepared to sacrifice there freedoms for security, DONT DESERVE IT!

I agree, RRconservative, you don't deserve freedom.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by dgtempe
I HOLD THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY EQUALLY ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALLOWING THIS.

I'm sure Hillary (who WILL be president in 08) is overjoyed at the prospect of being able to open everyone's mail. Especially us 'rosary prayers' .. she said we stay at home moms who pray the rosary to end abortion are .. TERRORISTS.

Yes, I'm sure the dems will take full advantage of this in 2008.

That being said .. they won't find anything interesting in my mail if they decide to open it. Kinda dull.

FF, you may be right. Tis a shame indeeed, the dems too are peices of sh...

Hopefully Obama will become president, I don't think he is from the skull and bones.... Is he?/>must go read some more.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To: RRconservative

Dood!

What the hell is wrong with you?

There is no terrorist network, there are isolated small groups of religious extremists that want to kill in the name of their god. Always has been!

Much like the born again Nazi chimp who resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW.

Its too bad there is TV. It would be easier to have a revolt if you could get people to unglue themselves from 24 and Gray's Anatomy.

This is what it must have been like when Hitler was first "elected" as Chancellor.

There is not gonna be a 08' election! Somethings gonna happen to prevent him from leaving office. Mark my words!

[edit on 4-1-2007 by QuasiShaman]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman

There is not gonna be a 08' election! Somethings gonna happen to prevent him from leaving office. Mark my words!

[edit on 4-1-2007 by QuasiShaman]

Nah I they wouldn't get away with that. It's more likely that they would make something happen so that someone gets in who can continue his goals

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't break the law and I'm not a terrorist.

Thing is FF, you are only not a terrorist until someone deems you to be one.

And OK, right now you can say "there is no way that anyone could ever class me as a terrorist" but you only have to look at the mindset of some of the people on this message board who equate non-compliance with the Bush adminsitration mandate as being trecherous and un-american, and will go so far as to label people with alternative views as terrorist sympathisers.

That kind of polarisation starts a slippery slope where an alternative point of view - or even a more tolerant one - becomes an act of terrorism in someones opinion. Don't agree something the President has done or said and suddenly - at some point in the future - you might end up being classed as a terrorist for it. Its an extreme I know but such things have happened in other countries already.

I know very little about current US internal politics, but I'm suprised as hell that this one got through. Its the kind of thing the US used to castigate the Soviets and Chinese for.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i have, for quite some time now, believed that another "terrorist attack" will be staged before next years election. that bush and co will use this as an excuse to bring chaos into north america.

he will then change the constitution to say "no president election shall take place in times of chaos" and we will have a dictatorship.

i don't understand the "anti-american" remarks in this thread.... even if everyone was in the know, what could we do? form a militia? storm capitol hill? never happen.

i think most of us know what's going on, yet we also know there is nothing we can do about it.

and to keep on topic of the original post, those who claim that they could care less because all they get in the mail are bills and junk adverts - it doesn't matter, you're still giving up your free dumbs.

it would be like saying "i could care less if the government takes children from american citizens in order to create an army of mind controlled zombies, because i have yet to procreate...."

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In all honesty, it does not seem like a particularly troublesome statement to me.

The position of the White House seems to be that they can conduct searches a) with a warrant, and b) without a warrant if there is a reasonable suspicion that a package poses a public safety risk. That's pretty standard search and seizure law in the US.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus
First off, this entire post really has nothing to do with the topic at hand....

WRONG.

It has everything to do with this thread and the post that I commented to. The dems were mentioned in regards to these new invasions of privacy. I verified that with Hillary's comment while she was 1st Lady. I have no doubt that the dems in 2008 will take full advantage of the new 'spy on Americans' approvals that have just gone through.

That's VERY MUCH on topic. YOU just don't like what was said. Deal with it.

You finally addressed the topic with your last statement, and might I add, with no insight into the matter whatsoever....

WRONG.

Personally, I feel your post is worthy of a warning, but I am not a moderator..

Funny! No you aren't a mod and with a lack of 'insight' like yours, you never will be either.
3 weeks here, with your numbers in the negatives, and you pull this. MAJOR funny!!!

[edit on 1/4/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Thing is FF, you are only not a terrorist until someone deems you to be one.

Yep. That's why I posted what I did about Hillary. I clearly remember hearing what she said in the news. As of 08 when she wins the white house .. I'll be a terrorist because I'm a stay at home mom who prays the rosary to end abortion.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
First of all as mentioned before this is pretty standard search and seizure law for the the US. Law enforcement/government is resposible for ensuring public safety.

Secondly; I've been waiting for the inevitable screaming that the elections in 2008 and won't take place; give me a break people. The elections will take place as scheduled as they have for many many years. I predict that the day after the elections those same people screaming that they wouldn't happen will be claiming they were rigged. Any one want to give me odds on that?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have been a supporter of Bush for a while... but then I started wising up to whats happening in-between the media coverage... the impact and precident set by bills passed into law by Bush, etc...

and I woke up

then I started finding things via Google about BOHEMIA GROVE, and SKULL AND BONES, and the PRESIDENTIAL BLOODLINE dating back to ancient Egypt.

Take any of those all-caps keywords and throw 'em at Google for some interesting reads. There are some fascinating videos about BOHEMIA GROVE on videos.google.com. There are even some topics here on ATS about all of these things.

DENY IGNORANCE

~DMN~

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
It is only a chip in your body...

THAT is the one that would have me upset. The others? I don't really care about. If 'they' want to listen to my phone calls, read my emails, read my snail mail .... whatever. I don't break the law and I'm not a terrorist. I'm dull and my phone calls would put anyone listening to sleep!

So you've never gone 61 in a 60 zone ? Never taped a show, downloaded song,etc .etc. Yes I'm splitting hairs here sorry but this isn't a question of whether you are boring or have no life its an issue that your fundamental rights are being infringed upon. As others have stated, its a bit here, a bit there and quite frankly I'm shocked that you would say chipping a person upsets you. These measures are a precursor to exactly that step.

brill

[edit on 4-1-2007 by brill]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well, i am not from America and i hear from you guys that the American people swim at the ocean of ignorance (include me too), i don't want to be off topic so i was thinking about a solution

Most American's pupils prefare a virtual reality before TV and PC playing RPG games creating a virtual reality from living the present. These game are advertised all the time so more and more to join. So i thought why you don't advertise this forum so more will come. Awake the juvenile and incidents will come into motion. Why? Their young hot-tempered blood commands them.

From my personal view, when i started partisipating into these threads i gave up EVE-online and tribal wars (online games). It may sound like falsity, but its not. I have learnt so many useful things and there are so many to learn yet

Today we are 100
but tomorrow will find us 10,000,000
a significant power of people to play an important part of awakening and in any political party

Saying only how bad this is that Bush opens my envellops is fine...
What about actions????????????
Do you remember what Danton said:
Bold,
Bold,
a little more Bold
and France is saved

I shall added to my signature, by the way

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

then I started finding things via Google about BOHEMIA GROVE, and SKULL AND BONES, and the PRESIDENTIAL BLOODLINE dating back to ancient Egypt.

i am glad that you woke up to these atrocities. i have recently gained more knowledge about these subjects and i am quite apalled. it takes someone with a willing and open mind to look past the outlandishness of these crimes. this may be the reason we can not gain a majority over the evil entities that have control of this world.

i have a feeling it goes much deeper than that. The crimes that some of these 'officials' commit are beyond the realm of a righteous human being's thinking. guilt and remorse keep our spirits balanced... these people are anything but balanced.

i would encourage you to go a little deeper with your search and read about the pedophilia and satanism that many of our celebrated leaders are said to be connected to.

'it's like MKUltra controlling your brain.... - immortal technique"

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hell half the time my mail comes already opened anyway. No big news there.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus
Personally, I feel your post is worthy of a warning, but I am not a moderator..

Azazelus, there is no need to bash a member, simply expressing an opinion based on facts. Perhaps as a new member you could adapt a more civil approach

Thus said.
The topic is relevant and by now well discussed
I share my concern with the majority of the posters, we are by far free any longer.
But the sad part is that there is no resistance, is the American people so well trained so submissive?

"Either you are with us, or you are against us" Who said that?
Is this one of the statements that has pacified our people?

I love my country, that will never change but I hate being under surveillance.

WIS

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am at work and haven't the time for a lengthy response, so I'll make this short, sweet, and to the point.

This is directed to anyone and everyone that has the idealism that "I've got nothing to hide, so I don't care."

Read my signature!

If you are not ready and willing to stand for your freedoms, you don't deserve them. Period.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am a law abiding citizen and have nothing to hide. That said, my military service was performed to support the Constitution of the United States of America. In case you are not familiar with this document, here is an excerpt:

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

It doesn’t matter if you care or not. The Constitution of the United States of America is supposed to be the highest law of the land open to interpretation only by the Supreme Court of America.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Jesus. "America is a fascist state!"

No, no, no, no, no! What? Fascist? Okay, we've been losing freedoms for some time now, but what? FASCIST? No, and all that's happening now is the legalization of things that the government did illegally since the Civil War, latest. And even when these things happen, we're WORLDS above what else is happening out there.

Now, is this acceptable? Of course not, I just can't stand the extreme alarmism and misleading exaggeration. It's not a result of classes, or or any sort of illuminati. It happens because (most) people genuinely want to protect America, and want to make their branch of government capable of doing so with the least amount of legal troubles possible.

But this still doesn't make it right. People, politicians, military enlistees and officers, men and women and children of all classes, must realize what freedom is truly worth, and why it's worth risking a tiny bit of security to have these freedoms. It's not a result of brainwashing or propaganda, it's a result of people being afraid of valid threats (yes, crashing planes into a building is a valid threat, as are bombings and so forth) but wanting immediate, simple, and easy to understand solutions. It's part of human nature, especially that of the average human (not to imply that I'm any better, but I do analyze these things more often than most I've met).

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Maybe this is why no one likes the United States...all she offers the world is a future of mindless consumerism with a complete lack of spirituality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join