It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush approves warrantless opening of mail (Wake up you acolyte sheep)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You just got a big warning shot from across the bow.

"Well, he better than Clinton or da Flip Flopper.
Hyuck hyuck." No, you voted for a fascist sociopath and he's raping your children's future.

W-A-K-E- U-P It's over. The Verdict is in. It's a ....WRAP
Complete failure for the american people

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Chyea Chyea......Just wait till you get about a month from election day, then all of a sudden a random terrorist attack will occur utterly devastating the american peoples way of life.......Bush admin will say "Nope, nope...We can't be indangering our beloved people over a silly thing like voting, 48 hour curfew is taking effect...pffff besides You have really no say in who gets elected anyway silly rabbits hyuck-hyuck....."

TO THE FREE...........Our ways of life are coming to an end...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You'll have to shout louder or hire a truck and mircrophone I'm afraid.

They're too busy watching, listening to, eating and thinking garbage at pre-school level to be bothered worrying about who's reading their bills, unsolicited advertisements or Birthday cards.

And you can appreciate that, can't you?

After all, most of them can't read their OWN mail anyway, let alone understand or care about most of it (unless it contains a 'free offer').

So why should they care (ask them, they don't and won't) if someone ELSE reads it.

Let them perish. They gave up on 'life' long ago anyway.

Let them sit full of drugs, alcohol, grease and toxins.

Let them be happy as they shuffle off the coil.

LIFE is TOO MUCH TROUBLE for most, these days.

They like Life to be Virtual.

If they can't have their 'dream', then they don't care.

They're sulking. Their lives didn't end up matching all the tv situation-comedies they watched as kids.

So they're happy to allow 'others' to make their decisions for them.

And they won't thank you, believe me, for trying to wake them from their self-induced coma.

They'll only yelp as they feel their life-blood leaking from them.

Then they'll sort-of care.

But of course, and as the architects of this travesty are aware ....... it will all be a case of Too Little, Too Late. LOL.

Ever consider that Life on Earth may just be a re-run of a B-grade situation-comedy on some other-dimensional plane's free-to-air tv ??

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

They're too busy watching, listening to, eating and thinking garbage at pre-school level to be bothered worrying about who's reading their bills, unsolicited advertisements or Birthday cards.

And you can appreciate that, can't you?

After all, most of them can't read their OWN mail anyway, let alone understand or care about most of it (unless it contains a 'free offer').

So why should they care (ask them, they don't and won't) if someone ELSE reads it.

Let them perish. They gave up on 'life' long ago anyway.

Let them sit full of drugs, alcohol, grease and toxins.

Let them be happy as they shuffle off the coil.

LIFE is TOO MUCH TROUBLE for most, these days.

They like Life to be Virtual.

If they can't have their 'dream', then they don't care.

They're sulking. Their lives didn't end up matching all the tv situation-comedies they watched as kids.

So they're happy to allow 'others' to make their decisions for them.

And they won't thank you, believe me, for trying to wake them from their self-induced coma.

They'll only yelp as they feel their life-blood leaking from them.

Then they'll sort-of care.

But of course, and as the architects of this travesty are aware ....... it will all be a case of Too Little, Too Late. LOL.

Ever consider that Life on Earth may just be a re-run of a B-grade situation-comedy on some other-dimensional plane's free-to-air tv ??

That's why I keep falling back on "Becoming George Carlin" except without the years of sadistic drug addiction or doing stand up.

There are way too many people on this planet to change things drastically.
I get dibs on the first Mad Max dunebuggy off the assembly.

There is no waking up, you are right. It always comes back to a symptom of "Why do you hate America" or a fetish for attacking the U.N. and Kofi Anan (See you know who's post) Never criticizing a imperial military out of control.

Which just points to a larger issue. One of xenophobic and hatred toward any ideal that is different or so called "Sacred" to theirs. These people can't handle any ideology different than theirs in America if it's criticizing symbols of their loyalty. It's the worst kind of insecurity because you can't debate irrational behaviour. Debating a Bush apologist is like telling a Michael Jackson fanatic that there are more important things than being the "King of pop"

So maybe it's best someone invents a quantum bomb and blows us to quantum dots so we can become enlightened and learn that we are all tethered to a holographic perception of reality and we are actually in fact "one" in a infinite ocean of consciousness of potential and that this actually is just a chemically neuron induced fantasy so we can comprehend existence and be able to enjoy porterhouse steaks,pizza and beer . Come to think of it, if it's a ocean of thought, then there will be all the pizza,steaks,chicken and beer you can fathom. And oh yes, the 72 virgins will be there just to taunt this administration apologists and christian fundamentalists. And they will be having orgies with Saddam and Osama and Zarkawi. And will laugh at all the ruckus and 2pac will be smoking a big blunt hi fiving everyone materializing in the ocean saying "Glad you could make it, have you met Jimi and Einstein? Cristal for everyone! "

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I saw this on abc.com and I can't believe it. What happened to our personal freedoms? What's next, is Bush going to personally show up at my house and go through my refrigerator? I think Dubya has listened to 1984 on tape a few too many times and is getting some ideas from it. I'm seriously getting close to packing my crap and moving out of this hell hole of a country. I seriously believe the US is on the verge of imploding onto itself. If you only I could come up with somewhere good to move. Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is there still any doubt???

tHE PREDICTIONS ARE COMING TRUE.

shocking news every day.

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING AND I HOLD THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY EQUALLY ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALLOWING THIS.

This year will bring absolutely shocking news every day (See predictions from coast to coast show thread)

Is it okay to over-react NOW???

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

You are absolutely correct. The ignorance of the average American has been a driving point of mine for quite some time.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
" So maybe it's best someone invents a quantum bomb and blows us to quantum dots so we can become enlightened ....... "

I'm a bit suss of 'enlightenment', these days.

True, many 'psychics' are bogus, but there are others that seem genuinely to tap-into the non-physical dimensions at times.

Also, I'm prepared to accept that some do experience contact with other planes during Oobe's and NDEs.

Unfortunately (and depressingly) what they report is not what I'd term 'enlightened'. As when an ordinary housewife reports she travelled through the tunnel, was confronted by light, spoke with deceased friends and relatives --- only to be returned-to-earth with the admonition: ' Your time has not come. You still have important work yet to do'.

Ok. Good so far. UNTIL we discover that in the 23 years since her experience, the ordinary housewife has gone on to .......... be just an ordinary housewife !

So what was the 'important work' she was sent-back to do ?
Peeling potatoes? Washing the sheets? Going to the supermarket? Trimming the hedges? Babysitting her grandchildren?

Depressing.

At other times, psychics have -- at seances -- accurately described (for example) a client's deceased grandfather. The psychic may speak in the deceased-grandfather's voice and may recount (in his voice) experiences of which only the client is aware.

So the grandfather -- as far as can possibly be ascertained from our perspective -- is there, in the room with the client and psychic. And he's speaking from beyond the grave.

But what does he say?

Does he tell us about life after death?
Does he reveal the identity/s of those who orchestrate our 'lives' and 'deaths' and the dimensions supposedly beyond this earth plane?

Nope.

Instead, he chats emptily about how he's now reunited with Aunty May and Uncle Jack. He tells us it's 'great' in the other-world. He tells us there is 'no more pain and suffering'.

And occasionally, the apparent-deceased-speaking-from-beyond-the-grave will tell us it's just one long tea-party in the world-after-death, where folk sit around playing cards or visiting the 'information-about-everything-realms'. We're advised that the weather is always perfect and that 'evolved souls' care for those new arrivals who've been truamatised in death, etc. We're told that wild animals are like gentle pets, and all is surrounded by 'brilliant colours'. La la land, in other words.

Occasionally, we're advised that there exists no Heaven and Hell as we've been led to imagine them; instead, the Hitlers and Ghengis Khans and other alleged 'monsters' are forgiven and rehabilitated and now spend their time 'working with evolved spirits' in order to 'heal the planet' as a way of atoning the sins of which they were guilty when in 'earth-monster' mode.

Comforting, perhaps. A Disney-world on high. The ultimate Happy Ever After, where, supposedly (if we buy all this) your nominated Jimi and Einstien hold guitar and physics classes for those so interested.

But it makes a mockery of those who've laboured, suffered, tried and died in an effort to make this planet a safer and better place for the rest of us, doesn't it?

More to the point -------- it offers NO deterrent for the earth-monsters currently dehumanising this planet and it's population. It allows pilots of Chemtrail planes to go contentedly about their business and to collect their pay with no uncomfortable qualms of conscience.

In other words, the allegedly 'evolved realms' remain neutral. They do not condemn bast*ards. It's a one-size-fits-all afterlife that doesn't inspire anyone to be good or to avoid being 'bad'.

In short, it's just a pie-in-the-sky version of what we have here, right now -- where slime can get away with it and be regarded as 'smart' into the bargain.

So I'm hoping there actually DOES exist some plane of existence that's a little more 'exclusive' and which actually DOES offer 'enlightenment' courses.

Otherwise, I'll be compelled to believe that this planet AND its afterlife are all contained within one molecule of excreta expelled by 'something', 'somewhere'.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
amazing, how much America has changed.
amazing, that people still fail to see the leaders that have stolen there country
amazing, people still cant see the truth behind the past 5 years actions
amazing, people still cant see the reality of whats going on
amazing, people still defend this governments actions
amazing, people still think, everything that is happening IS for they're safety
amazing, people believe that just because its not AFFECTING them directly now, means it isnt a burdon on their freedoms later.
amazing, the entire planet can get the same news, yet its various AMERICANS who are the only ones who CANNOT see their country changing for the worse.
amazing, that you DONT HEAR OF THESE THINGS before they come into LAW, you only hear about them once they are implemented.
amazing, how im labeled anti-american, simply because i believe such things are truth
amazing, how people are DYING needlessly because of this admin, and people still defend them

amazing, that 10years ago you could talk on the phone without being listend to, or that you could post freely online without being watched.. or that you could send MAIL without it being read.. or that your privacy in your house was sacred, unless a judge deemed it not to be.. or that you could expect your president to protect you... or that you could expect your president to make a decision based on 'peace'.. or that you didnt have a vice president making money of war...

america, you will never cease to amaze me.... its just a shame that its a different sort of amazement than what it used to be.

Your president has done the exact thing he said your enemies were doing..
and thats removing your freedoms, and taking away your open society.
How does it feel to be duped?

Pretty bad I imagine.

Well imagine how your troops feel, they have to murder and maime or be sent to jail... because of this 'duping'
Imagine how the Iraqi's feel.... probably NOTHING.. because a large number of them are DEAD because of this president, and they wernt even 'duped', they were targeted in this lie...

F'n makes me sick how anyone can defend this criminal.
GOD DAMN SICK

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well,Dock,since this is not a theological or spiritual based thread, I cannot really address the concerns that you have mentioned here. I think that you need to put all of that in context with the universal plan and accept the fact that there are just some things that we, as humans, will never be able to understand.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
People still use mail for communication?

If "Muhammad Muhammad Akbar" is corresponding with "Muhammad Muhammad Al-Jazera" and the packaging is suspisious open it up and check it out!

If Bush wants to look at my bills and junkmail, I have no problem with that! If it stops a terrorist attack, that is fine with me!

All this sympathy for Terrorists has gone too far. What's next, A Terrorist Bill of Rights?

[edit on 4-1-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
All this sympathy for Terrorists has gone too far. What's next, A Terrorist Bill of Rights?

I don't see it as being "sympathy for the terrorists" at all. I see it as right placed concern about what your beloved government is doing towards the CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Thank ya.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Im gonna wait for all the sheep to say "What do I care, If I have nothing to hide its ok with me"

They can't do this without some help and there are still lots of people helping.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If "Muhammad Muhammad Akbar" is corresponding with "Muhammad Muhammad Al-Jazera" and the packaging is suspisious open it up and check it out!

If Bush wants to look at my bills and junkmail, I have no problem with that! If it stops a terrorist attack, that is fine with me!

I cant believe people are willing to give up there privacy because one many TELLS you there's a threat.
you havent seen any proof.. everythings is based on the presidents WORD for petes sake.. and your so willing to give up your privacy?

what was that quote?
those who are prepared to sacrifice there freedoms for security, DONT DESERVE IT!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

And this is where the problem lies.

"Well, if you have nothing to hide then why do you care? It is just mail!"

It is just an illegal wire tap, it is only mail...

You give these small bits of personal freedom and privacy away and that is all anyone needs. You give them an inch and they will gladly take a mile; a mile which you will gladly hand over because after all...if you have nothing to hide why bother caring?

It is only a wire tap...
It is only the opening of private mail...
It is only the monitoring of all online activities...
It is only a camera on every street corner...
It is only a camera in your home...
It is only a sound sweep...
It is only a chip in your body...

Sadly, only the last three are not an every day part of life in either the United States or the UK.

And even worse is the startling number of individuals who will drone along and gladly give away their privacy and their personal freedoms.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
ya, this will do wonders for us won't it, the mail gets intercepted....so they can check it, make sure all is okay with it....and well, then half of it never makes it to it's destination....

bank statement's lost, electric bill never made it....come on!!! some might not care about some gov't agency peeping into the junk mail, but I happen to get alot of important mail....and well, would like to get in in a timely manner and not have it lost.

and what's this, it's still illegal for the government to open your mail without a warrent... but them, well, bush has authority to open your mail without a warrent.....I see Bush has managed to make himself ABOVE another law. he keeps this up, he will manage to get himself ABOVE the election laws and we will all be royally screwed.

If only I was a dictator!!! Ahhh, what I could do if only I was a dictator....they guy's making himself a dictator!!!

link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I HOLD THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY EQUALLY ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALLOWING THIS.

I'm sure Hillary (who WILL be president in 08) is overjoyed at the prospect of being able to open everyone's mail. Especially us 'rosary prayers' .. she said we stay at home moms who pray the rosary to end abortion are .. TERRORISTS.

Yes, I'm sure the dems will take full advantage of this in 2008.

That being said .. they won't find anything interesting in my mail if they decide to open it. Kinda dull.

link   

Yes people still use mail for communication because they can, they have the freedom to do whatever they want.

This doesn't seem like much now but the country is quickly getting worse with this kind of thing. Imagine what it will be like in 20 years or more if stupid laws like this keep getting passed.

Haha maybe in 100 years if you want to have a nice chat with your best friend you'll have to speak into a monitored microphone and have your message reviewed by the government before your friend can hear it.

Ok maybe that's an exaggeration, but you never know what silly things the USA is going to come out with next huh? Times are changing...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I would like to ask: Are there any other sources or news orginizations reporting on this?

I have not been able to find any on my own but maybe I am not looking correctly.

Links would be appreciated. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
It is only a chip in your body...

THAT is the one that would have me upset. The others? I don't really care about. If 'they' want to listen to my phone calls, read my emails, read my snail mail .... whatever. I don't break the law and I'm not a terrorist. I'm dull and my phone calls would put anyone listening to sleep!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join