It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 10 year old boy hangs himself re-enacting Saddam Hussein execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
A ten year old boy in Webster, Texas watches a news report showing the execution of Saddam Hussein and then tries to mimick the execution resulting in his own death by hanging.

www.click2houston.com
WEBSTER, Texas -- Police and family members said a 10-year-old boy who died by hanging himself from a bunk bed was apparently mimicking the execution of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

Sergio Pelico was found dead Sunday in his apartment bedroom, said Webster police Lt. Tom Claunch. Pelico's mother told police he had previously watched a news report on Saddam's death.

"It appears to be accidental," Claunch said. "Our gut reaction is that he was experimenting."
Click here to find out more!

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Not really sure what to think about this one other than the fact that this kid probably strangled himself to death and didn't die quick. Maybe if they had shown the whole hanging including Saddam hanging with broken neck, this kid would have seen the outcome and thought differently. But alas, he's a kid so who knows.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The poor boy didn't know the consequences of being that curious. And his poor family probably never suspected he would do something like that.

RIP child.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's horrible.

My feelings go out for the kids family, I can't imagine what it's like to lose someone like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Very tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim here.

It reminds me of a story from when I was a younger child. I was involved in an elite youth baseball league when I was younger, and the year when I was about 11, we had played against another team who's coach had played in the big leagues. I will leave his name out intentionally, but he played with the St. Louis Cardinals for a short period of time. His son was one of the top ranked basketball players in this part of the country for his age, and had high hopes for going somewhere in life with the game. He had purchased a Michael Jordan video which actually showed kids how they could stretch their spine.

The results were that the chair folded in on the youngster and the noose tightened.

These are all examples of how curious kids are and how we need to filter what their eyes view.

Culpability is something a child lacks. There is no intent in their eyes, only curiosity. The family has some dark days in their future.

top topics

join