It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reading of the will

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
about 3 and a half years ago my dad died of an illness, my parents were seperated many years before, and as far as i know everything of my dad's went to his widow. obviously the only person who initially has rights to view the will would be his widow. unless it was specifically set up to have a will reading. i've been told that if there is a will, she has to look at it first before anyone, such as myself, can view it.

i'm not even sure if there is a will. so for those legal fellows out there who might know about wills etc. do i have any rights to find out if there is a will?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm no legal buff, but I will say that if you know who his soliciter/lawer is the best you may be able to do is just call up and ask.

Thats will give you the only answer your looking for!

Sorry to hear of your loss.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
that's just the thing, even if i did know what lawyer/solicitor he used to draw up a will, relying on the hypothetical that there is even a will, then i'm not sure they would give that sort of information over the phone, or even in person.

basically i'm looking to find out if anyone knows anything about wills. is it possible that to see the will, his wife first needs to view it, and if she never views it, no one else can? basically that's what i've been told, so it's either there is no will, or there is one but i'm not allowed to see it.

join