It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The illuminati do not control the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
they acutally don't even exist (under the name illuminati anyway) here is why...

In 1965 Greg Hill (Malaclypse The Younger) and Kerry Thornley (Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst) wrote the principia discordia, a few years later Robert Shea and Robert Anton wilson wrote The Illuminatus! trilogy about the bavarian illuminait, despite the fact that the book heavily references the principia discordia. (the first book to use illuminati since they were "shut down") in effect DISCORDIANISM INVENTED THE ILLUMINATI as a new world order group.

while there is a group of people that control the world, they are not the illuminait.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Fnord, you may actually have a point there. My definition of what the illuminatti is and what everyone else seems to think it is, are two distinctly different things.

To me, the illuminatti has always been the enlighteners of the world. Those who hold the secret knowledge of the ancients.

Now, when others speak of the illuminatti, they seem to be referencing a group of people who are overly concerned with governmental issues.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The illuminati is quite simply a group of insanely wealthy people completely dedicated to the prospect of One World Government run by the super-rich and supported by the poor, who will be slaves.

I don't know what fnord is talking about with this 'the illuminati was created in the 60s' jazz.. -shrug-. Illuminati was officially re-created in 1776, Bavaria Germany

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The original illuminati, not the one that exists today, were adepts of the mystery schools. I think that is what fnord is referring to. I am not certain that is who he is referring to though.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnord
In 1965 …

Actually, John Robison published his Proofs of a Conspiracy Against all the Religions and Governments of Europe in 1798, Predating the Principia Discordia, by over 150 years.

Robison believed the Bavarian Illuminati were attempting world conquest.

-fnord-

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Actually, John Robison published his Proofs of a Conspiracy Against all the Religions and Governments of Europe in 1798, Predating the Principia Discordia, by over 150 years.

Robison believed the Bavarian Illuminati were attempting world conquest.

-fnord-

Yep, true

ConspiracyNut23 is right here.
There is evidence that suggests the Bavarian Illuminati DID exist, but nobody knows what happened when it was driven underground. Many will tell you that the Freemasons took them in.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Allready exist it's called the banking system and the international banking system. Now take a look who runs those and you have who runs the show. They determine that value of your countries money and buying power.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
"To me, the illuminatti has always been the enlighteners of the world. Those who hold the secret knowledge of the ancients."

Isnt that what david icke claims. basically the illuminati or enlightened ones controls the flow of aincient information. makes sense. knowledge is power after all.

top topics

join