It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of Space Debris Breaks Apart Over Denver This Morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Video Link

"SkyFOX pilot Rob Marshall and photojournalist Josh White captured the shower at about 6:30 a.m. Mountain Standard Time while they were flying over Denver."

Source Link

[edit on 4-1-2007 by VoXiSo]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
that is pretty cool video....like the reporter said, pure luck that they just happened to be filming when it happened.....good find!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.myfoxcolorado.com...

Is this the same video ? sorry I couldn't get your link to work on my pc ....

Great video any how!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Has it been confirmed as space debris? I heard it was most likely a meteor breaking up in the upper atmosphere related to the Quadrantids which is peaking right now.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Has it been confirmed as space debris? I heard it was most likely a meteor breaking up in the upper atmosphere related to the Quadrantids which is peaking right now.

yeah, i think the title is a little misleading, because even the reporter who captured the images commented that is was part of the quadrantids....although technically, i guess that could be called be called space debris of a sort.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow that was beautiful.
Is there a high res vid out there I wonder?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

cbs4denver.com...
NORAD: Burning Debris In Sky Was Russian Rocket

(CBS4) DENVER The brilliant streak of light that raced across the sky west of Denver Thursday morning was a Russian rocket re-entering the atmosphere, NORAD and U.S. Northern Command reported.

NORAD spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Sean Kelly said the agency was trying to confirm a report that a piece of the rocket may have hit the ground near Riverton, Wyo., at about 6 a.m. MST. Kelly said military personnel had not yet reached the scene.

No damage was reported and the debris was not believed to be hazardous, NORAD said.

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/1/2007 by Umbrax]

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Astral]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
yeah the topic is miss leading but i posted befor all the reports was out over the event, but what do u think will come of this "russian rocket".. Will the US just over look it ?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoXiSo
yeah the topic is miss leading but i posted befor all the reports was out over the event, but what do u think will come of this "russian rocket".. Will the US just over look it ?

oh wow....no, if the rocket story is true, your title wasnt misleading at all. i was simply going by what the reporters were saying in the video. i'm going to check and see what i can find about russian rocket launches.

edit: oh, ok...it's all in the full report that astral posted. it says that norad knew about it ahead of time, but it seems like something that large would have been reported ahead of time to the media....something like that could really freak people out....especially during the morning commute.

"umm, why did you rear end the car in front of you mrs. smith?"

"the sky was falling, the sky was falling!"

[edit on 4-1-2007 by snafu7700]

jra

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It was known that this was going to happen. This Russian rocket is what launched the French COROT satellite.

www.livescience.com...
www.rockymountainnews.com...
www.coloradoan.com.../20070104/NEWS01/70104011

new topics

top topics

join