It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Lizard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The photograph is strange. It is from the Apollo Moon Missions.

I do not know what the object is on the lizard’s back.

I’m guessing the lizard has been there between 12,000 and 50 Million Years.

My amateur explanation/examination of the dead lizard:

The Moon at one time had an atmosphere, and water.

The Lizard died instantly. (relatively)

The Lizard boiled internally frothed, bubbled, and burst from the inside.

The Lizard was exposed to relative vacuum and high temperature from some sort of cataclysmic event.

Anyone with knowledge of Lunar History out there?

[Mod Edit: All Caps title]
Mod Edit: The use of All-Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 4-1-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I don't know about the Lizard but this sleeping Rock Giant is very disturbing:

*** End Sarcasm ***

See. You see a lizard, I see a "Rock Giant" someone else may see a black Michael Jackson, and so on. Our eyes try to translate rough/unknown forms into something recognizable. This is best demonstrated by watching clouds.

Do you know how long the "Lunar History" is? I mean man's involvement in Lunar history is but a second in the total "Lunar History"... How does lunar history relate to "petrified lizards"?

Which Apollo Mission(s?) is the picture from? What is the general source of the picture? How big is the rock formation?

(And what does the picture of the guy at the bottom of your first post have to do with anything?)

Sigh. So many questions, so few answers...

Edit: I do like the "X" eyes of your lizard to indicate that it's dead, and the tongue that hangs out of its mouth though...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Image is at

Apollo Image Atlas, 70mm Hasselblad Image Catalog

CATALOG NUMBER AS17-133-20332HR

Sorry I don't quite see the Rock Giant like you do.

I can not comment on the size of the rock.

The original picture has the NASA Gnomen in it for size and color reference.

History- I was wondering what are the latest theories regarding age, and history of the Moon.

Having a few theories regarding the history it may help approximate the age of this Dead Lizard?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Guy in the other photo was an error on my part.

The picture is an art photograph my friend sent me, I accidently pressed the wrong reference URL.

Sarcasm is O.K. with me.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It is a.... Rock? O_o

You are really putting too much into it. It doesent even look like a fossile.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It could be a rock, but to me I see a Lizard.

This other photo is ?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
[edit on 07/1/7 by nnelsosj]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

A trick of light and shadow?

A Creature?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sorry I have seen nothing on ANY of your pics to date.

That's not to say other pics arn't interesting but unfortunately I cannot agrre with your views on your pics.

How ever genuine your beliefs are, please forgive me if I'm wrong but maybe you are trying to lead people away from good moon pics?

Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nnelsosj
A trick of light and shadow?

BINGO!!

You hit the nail on the head.

In fact there is a whole entire thread of pictures from the Moon, that in my opinion are nothing more than a trick of light and shadow, coupled with some very imaginative minds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps I should start a thread of pictures of clouds. I am quite certain that many will see shapes of familiar objects of terrestrial origin within the clouds.

Do you see my point?

my 2 cents worth.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I can see what you mean that 1st one is interesting even more so if what your saying about the sizes etc are right the second pic looks like a bug on a "moon" rock and the third looks like a dead bird.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
In fact there is a whole entire thread of pictures from the Moon, that in my opinion are nothing more than a trick of light and shadow, coupled with some very imaginative minds.

Thank god I'm not the only one! I thought I was alone in thinking that thread was full of wishful thinking.

As for these pictures. Rocks... Just rocks...

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I like the idea of a cloud image thread. It would be just as valid as this one.

"Any photo requiring equal parts interpretation and imagination (photos sometimes characterized as ‘blobsquatches’) should be discounted."*

If you wish to claim Lizard, then back it up with some science on how a lizard could live on the moon, what it ate, breathed, etc.

Personally I prefer the Rock giant explanation. Those rock giants are tough cookies.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
here is some good info on Lunar history you may be interested in:
lunar history

You may also wish to consider that the Moon doesn't have much of an atmosphere. If you took all the atmosphere on the Moon, and brought it to earth sea level pressures, it would fit into a 210 foot cube. Not even enough to make wind or offer any protection from radiation. The lunar soil is also full of thorium which emits gamma rays. Hmm perhaps the Incredible Hulk would do well there due to the gamma rays.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I also thought I was the only one with any sence when it comes to the "John Lear moon pics". The lizard is not even as rediculous as looking at some blobs and lines and claiming "I see a crane! I see a tank! I see a secret mining operation!"

And lets not forget that the moon has enough atmosphere for a human to survive, and not to mention a forest on the darkside and a seven mile high soul catcher!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not intending to divert attention from any part of this, or any other Forum.

With over 60 pages of ancient and current Lunar Structures, perhaps the list should branch into a couple of sub categories.

I love the Apollo Image Gallery, and I don't have much experience looking at Clementine, or MOS.

[

LunarLizard

The photograph is strange. It is from the Apollo Moon Missions.

I do not know what the object is on the lizard’s back.

I’m guessing the lizard has been there between 12,000 and 50 Million Years.

My amateur explanation/examination of the dead lizard:

The Lizard died instantly. (relatively)

The Lizard boiled internally frothed, bubbled, and burst from the inside.

The Lizard was exposed to relative vacuum and high temperature from some sort of cataclysmic event.

jra

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nnelsosj

Ummm... I don't think so...

As for the rocks. It's definitely light and shadow. Similar to seeing things in clouds like some one else mentioned.

Originally posted by CaptainLazy
Thank god I'm not the only one! I thought I was alone in thinking that thread was full of wishful thinking.

No you're not alone in your beliefs regarding that thread.

And on a side note, your avatar is inspired by that 'Rejected' animated short right? I love that one.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i think anything is possible,in such a vast universe we need to keep our minds open,maybe we are all more alien then we thought.I believe that most powerful minded of us all are just a little bit different.So there being a lizard on the moon is not very far fatched

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join