It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st soldier to "publicly" refuse the army? yay or nay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I personally think this story is propoganda for the US. Basically, a way for the govt to hide deeper the fact on why we are working from the middle east from about 4 angles. Nothing about "oil rich land" is mentioned in this article.

Iraq is whats on the front page, however nothing is mentioned about afghanistan, israel, somalia. In every mainstream and underground war movement going on right now, We are involved in one way or another. No exceptions.

This story is about this US soldier who is refusing to go to Iraq because we have such a democracy that allows us to voice or views. However the govt regulates everyone, including mainstream news.

hotzone.yahoo.com...

I personally feel its just a way for the US to show off democracy at its finest. we are really regulating it all, controlling these stories, manipulating the world.

well just what i think. any1 want 2 chat about it?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well for one, the guy signed his life over to the Army, and in that contract he signed he said he would do his duty as ordered by his superiors. I'm not going to judge the man because this decision is his business and its his life, he can do what he wants, but I also feel that if you sign the dotted line and give your word, you should hold to it.

This is really his own moral dellima, but if it were me I would have gone as I had agreed to do so if called upon when you sign yourself over to the Army. Thats just my own personal view though, I'm very interested in the responses this story could bring and I have a feeling it will get heated.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hear Eastern Kansas is lovely this time of year.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
or sorry for the double post

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ATSNN and ATS are seperate and can support discussions on each forum. It is nice to have the threads cross referenced though.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This guy's an idiot and, as another noted, it's his choice--Iraq or prison.

Serving in a combat zone can be a real opportunity for personal growth, besides the opportunity to serve one's nation.

I've heard that a prison term is a good opportunity for personal growth, too, but, for me at least, it's a little light on the public service scale.

To each his own, as they say.

join