It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bright white object in central us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I was just driving home and saw a bright white object with a blue tail
falling from the sky, it was west of Kansas City. Wondering if anyone else saw it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Any explosions as it touched down?

Was it white and blue as in white hot... or did that look to be it's natural color?

These questions might be fairly irrelevant depending on how far away from you it was. I've got no idea of the scale of the states in the US... it takes a day to get from one to the other here by car

Anyway, sounds interesting. Update us when you can, and listen to any talkback radio stations in your area, they are usually good at having spooked callers report things.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It was going at a high rate of speed falling from left to right at about a 45 degree angle and I saw it for about 5-6 seconds before it went out of
where I could see it.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow, cool!, May I ask, since I can't figure out the time stamp at the top of your thread, what time it was when ya saw it? I just a squeak North of Chicago, so I wanna know if I shoulda ducked.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ok. Nice...

So you guess it hit somewhere near Kansas City? Or further out?

I would say it is just a meteor... except they aren't bright white and blue... they don't get that hot. A dull orange is about as light in color as you'll see them.

Could possibly be a satellite or space junk coming down though... metal tends to get the white coloring in the flames.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I Saw it at about 10:45 CST

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
this had to be what I saw or part of it anyway.
www.9news.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Bingo. I saw an article about that on CNN this morning and it reminded me of this post...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's supposed to be Russian rocket debris. So there should be some confirmation on Russian news sites. I'm going to check Pravda.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
^ You beat me to it. Not saying it was anything more than just a rocket, but i don't really trust the official stories for these things on face value anymore.

If the Russians acknowledge this themselves, it is all good... but if they don't then it starts become a bit suss.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There wasn't a single word about this supposed Russian rocket debris on the Pravda website. This is very curious indeedy. Somebody may be fibbing. tsk tsk!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Still, NORAD's description of what happened was MUCH better than what the FAA is saying about O'Hare.

It's probably swamp gas anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiS2000
Still, NORAD's description of what happened was MUCH better than what the FAA is saying about O'Hare.

It's probably swamp gas anyway.

I would say it was a seagull. But pigeons are more common to Chicago.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This page has a video of it. Looks pretty cool.

www.myfoxcolorado.com...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
This page has a video of it. Looks pretty cool.

www.myfoxcolorado.com...

Well, they can stop using this story as an excuse for UFO sightings, we know what it looks like now.

Cool video. I just figured out that you can zoom in with a right-click. Shouldn't it be red though? Must be hotter than a red flame.

And I'll bet that thing in New Jersey that went through some woman's roof is part of this thing too.

Otherwise, we're being bombarded.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
In all seriousness it does look like something breaking up in the atmosphere, most likely a rocket. The white light tends to be the heated metal breaking off.

If you wanted to really stretch the possibilities, it could be another Roswell they are calling a 'Russian Rocket'
... much doubt that though.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am an ameteur astronomer. I've seen this same thing many times. Another member metioned that meteors do not get white hot; that is incorrect. The color is not just dependant upon temperature but is also dependant upon material composition. It was likely just a metor but could also have been space junk.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm in Kansas also & I missed it? Damn! Maybe should get outside more ;-)

new topics

top topics

join